Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I just joined the Jeep family this week. Picked up a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 with 147k miles.

The driver's side door won't open from using the handle from the outside, the thermostat housing gasket leaks coolant constantly, the passenger front window will magically not roll up every now and then, and the transmission slips (a lot on the freeway).....But I paid $300 for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Disciple of Pain posted:

I wouldn't drive it (especially on the freeway) with the trans slipping. :aaa:

Meh, it cost me $300....If it broke down on me tomorrow or caught on fire, or I took it and jumped it and rolled it, I'd get my money's worth.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

Have you checked your transmission fluid level? When my Explorer is low on fluid, sometimes the torque converter doesn't lockup on the highway.

Also please don't drive a car that leaks coolant on the trails. I cringe to think of all the cute squirrels that are gonna lap it up and die.

I'm not actually driving it until I fix all of the things wrong with it.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

So, I parked the Jeep for a few days and now it will start...idle for roughly 2 seconds, then die....Anyone want to tell me what the hell is goin on? It'll die even if I give it gas, the battery is fine....