Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

The only reason to watch...
I've got a question about tires.

I have a 1998 XJ with stock rims. am I stuck with 225s or can I go with 235s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

I have a 98 XJ and I am thinking about lifting it a little bit. Noting to crazy... yet. One of my friends told me I can use OEM springs from a Grand Cherokee and get a bit of a lift from it although I don't quite remember what he told me. Has anybody else heard of this?

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

I have a 98 XJ and I ran some seafoam through my engine last week. Had all of the fun smoke and everything associated with that. Now it's running rough and the check engine light is on. Am I going to die?

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

You probably need new plugs.

I just replaced the plugs, wires, and distributor cap in November. I'll pull them later and take a look at them.

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

Wamsutta posted:

From what I've read, you usually need to replace plugs after seafoaming.

Roger that. I'll give it a try.

Edit: Pulled the plugs and cleaned them. Runs fine now - check engine light is off.

Have a picture of a dirty Jeep

ph4lcon fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 27, 2009

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

I have a 98 Jeep Cherokee and I need to recharge my AC before I go to Florida next week. Which port do I use, I found three of them one with a green cap, and two with a black cap. Also what all would I need to do this on the cheap?

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

I've been trying to get my Jeep back up to 100% and I am having some troubles. The A/C is giving me fits. I was testing it out today and the compressor would kick on for about 10 seconds, then kick off. It would then repeat this cycle. No cold air was blowing out the vents. Any ideas as to whats going on here?

EDIT: 98 XJ

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

Molten Llama posted:

The main cause of fast clutch cycling is a low refrigerant level.

Have you already had it evacuated and recharged?

I was attempting to recharge it. I connected the hose and pressure gauge and the pressure gauge would fluctuate when the compressor kicked on. I didn't know what to do in this circumstance and didn't want to blow anything up. Any suggestions?

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

Molten Llama posted:

The main cause of fast clutch cycling is a low refrigerant level.

Have you already had it evacuated and recharged?

Yeah, you were right. Did some late night research last night and found out you have to charge it when the compressor kicks on.

It's nice to have A/C again. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

When I was 3 My dad bought a 1988 Samurai. I swear that if I find one I'm going to buy it. I loved that thing to death.