Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
label switching is fun. i can relate to that.
I need a new jack, and if you can vouch for it like that, I think I might have to head up there tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
Does anyone own a set of Big Red jack stands?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200313355_200313355

I had the opportunity to work with some during some emergency maintenance on miklm's car at a DE last weekend, and I thought they were really well made, and perfect for the paddock area at Barber (where you have to have the jack stand weight evenly distributed). Any feedback on them?

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004

ChiliMac posted:

I know the HF racing jacks are fairly well received--but there are a few options now and I'm not sure whats the best option.

I have a coupon for $90 for this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96562

Or $135 for this (on sale):
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47246

Plus I can take off another 15% [coupon] for the second one since it's only on sale and I wouldn't be combining coupons which puts it at around 115.

If you have printable coupons, please share. :) I'm about to pick up a new jack this weekend, and this would absolutely make my day.

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
Got a 1-ton folding shop crane (read: engine hoist) from Harbor Freight today with a $68 off coupon - normally $164.99, on sale for $97. :hellyeah: Will post some pics and thoughts after i get it assembled this afternoon.

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004

hippynerd posted:

I got that one, and found it was too small to lift my little 4 cylindar motor :(

The 2 ton was overkill, but it worked great.

Anyone wanna buy a used 2 ton engine hoist? I think im done with it.

How was it too little? I'm about to yank out a 6-cyl/transmission from an E30 325. :tinfoil: You have me paranoid now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
Craftsman shop vacs? I need a new smallish shop vac, and the 4 gallon one looks like it's pretty decent. Thoughts or alternative recommendations?