Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null

ashgromnies posted:

words

Couldn't you use Middleware to do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null
I normally use Wing IDE Personal. There's supposed to be a way to integrate Django with it for Debugging and what not but i havn't really messed with it all since its easier to just debug with the dev server normally.

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null
jarito, you can use context to determine if the user is logged in or not, I can't think of the exact sytanx in my head right now, but the template code would be something like "If user.something (can't reacall the name, its in the docs though)" then {{ user.username }}, else, print your login block. You can either use a context processor to put a form object in the context of every page, a template tag, or manually code in a form.

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null
Why's there never any Django jobs near Philly !

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null
If you know python, the Docs are incredibly awesome and the tutorials get you 90% of the way there.

If you don't know python, pick up a book on python.

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null
python is fairly easy to pick up to learn Django.

The major differences between rails and Django is that Django tries not to assume anything, and instead want's you to specify more things. Rails is more "magic" where things just happen.

The django tutorial is also really good. And it shows you the low level methods of doing things, then it shows you the shortcuts.

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null
webfaction seems to be decent for cheap hosting too.

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null
if you have contrib.admin just login via your admin pannel?

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null
or if your asking how to restrict it, there is a shortcut for that, uh i forget waht it is though.

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null
I typically use startproject. But keep all my apps on the python path. Then my apps are not tied to that particular project and are reusable.

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null

saiyr posted:

Also, newforms-admin was merged to trunk 2 hours ago.

oh snap i didnt notice this! Time to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedMetalHead
Mar 9, 2007
/dev/null
Does unique_for_month still work?

I tried having a BooleanField set with unique_for_month="date" and also a CharField with choices and null/blank = True set to unique_for_month="date" and in both cases it allowed me to check the field twice or pick a choice twice.