Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Akai APC Key 25 + free Ableton live intro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

I've been listening to electronic music almost exclusively for the last... 17 years or so. However the few attempts I've had at production never went anywhere. I find myself so overwhelmed by everything that it just feels hopeless. Right now I have Logic Pro X on my MBA. I'm wondering what the next step is from here. I don't have monitors but I have some Sennheiser headphones. Honestly I open up the software and I am totally clueless. It looks like it wants me to plug in a MIDI keyboard? Is that what I should buy first? I don't want to spend too much until I decide if I can really do it...

Also is there a good tutorial you'd recommend for Logic? I found several on youtube. Also wondering if getting an actual "tutor" would be a good idea. Not sure how much it would cost though.

Thanks

I was in a same situation as you and then I realized that I had much more immediate fun with hardware. I recommend a cheap sampler like the Volca Sample or the Pocket Operator KO or Tonic. It was definitely the trigger for me to start enjoying production.

Now my studio looks like this and every month I grab a few synth and join friends for a jam since all we need to have fun is a sync cable

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
just buy a mpd218

• Locked thread