Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

slardel posted:

I think it's just a harmonic exciter

edit: I made a new track today. Combined it with something I did a few weeks ago and now it's a thing~

click if you're in the mood for moodiness
http://mathbonus.bandcamp.com/album/ghost-look-i-know-a-cave-on-the-moon-we-can-visit

I really enjoyed both of these. Thanks for the alt link as well. I haven't uploaded much at all recently but here's something I think you will enjoy:
http://soundcloud.com/aneurythm/aneurythm-mixed-blessings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

I'd just recommend finding some artists from that era on youtube, then going on Discogs.com and looking up the label/people they collaborate with and it shouldnt take too long to find some vocalists.

Edit: Spoken word stuff might be another good source for tough vocals if you can wade through the torrents of words.

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

Someone called this 'grumpyfunk' and I think thats probably the best word for it :)
Just wanted to share cos its pretty different.
https://soundcloud.com/aneurythm/aneurythm-richter-delivery-1

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

Cool :) I was just listening to this on soundcloud actually. Quirky as. Seeing a tracker gives me flashbacks to when amiga was a force to be reckoned with.

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

dk2m posted:

try something that I've never done before - a Helios style track.

I quite enjoyed this one man :)

THE MOON! posted:

I have a huge problem with percussion.

Could you be more specific with your problem with the sounds have compared to what you want, it might be sample choice or it might be the way they need to be processed to be cohesive with each other/the track, or too heavy/light etc. Also try pitching the sounds up or down, its surprising how much difference this will make to the way they gel with your track (esp kick/tom).

If the million hits you have are divided into kits then they are basically different drumkits you can use which are designed to fit together. If you only find a few sounds in the million hits that work for you then just copy them into a new folder so you don't need to go through the debris.

ps.
Goldbaby has free samples that are good, I've bought a few packs from him as well - some great bits if you want dirty hits.

Perpetual Hiatus fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

actionjackson posted:

Has anyone used the Native Instruments Komplete 6 audio interface? There's a guy selling one on craiglist for 150, which is the same price as a new focusrite 2i2.

Pretty solid latency for the price I think, they are getting older now but at one point were the best bang-for-buck in the price range. Im on my second one after a few years of use wrecked the usb port. No idea if thats a good price. Ive found it reliable, and the volume knob on top makes things much easier - especially if something goes wrong its great to not have to fumble about to kill the noise.

Worked fine with my old macbook and with my PC. Besides a warranty transfer I dont know what youd actually need to transfer registration for - just DL the drivers (from site, not part of their bohemoth integrated systems) and go. Ive only used on windows 7 and older versions of OSX so I dont know about Win10 or new OSX.

• Locked thread