Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Kai was taken posted:

Sounds straight outta the 80's.

pretty much, it reminds me of soft cell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Stux posted:

I dont think there are really many teachers that teach electronic music making? Other than taking a course at a college on music tech or whatever.

i dont really see how making electronic music is much different than regular music?

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Kai was taken posted:

Well, musically speaking, they're pretty much the same. Electronic music doesn't use some magical set of notes that are different from every other genre.

The thing that differs is the production, the actual creation of the sounds, and the devices and gear used. Even "standard" gear might be used differently in electronic music than in other genres, for effects. For instance, a trance lead might have a delay at an off-time on purpose, while other genres tend to keep their delays on-time, because it follows the beat of the music better.

gear might be used differently in rock and roll, but its still basically the same. you make a sound, make some parts, put parts together in a song, record(or arrange) on computer. bam. music(hopefully).

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Blinn posted:

I feel bad for just running to this thread every time I feel like I've discovered something cool and want to see what other people think but I suppose that's what it's for!

Here's the link to a new track I'm working on which shows how much I want to be Daft Punk / Justice / Danger.

I'm happy with the snare/clap, the music side of the bass, the distorted clav and the rhythm of the sidechain but I'm unhappy with (and wouldn't mind some help with) the timbre of the bass- I just can't seem to get a big badass tone, and the kick.. either it's not loud enough or I need less reverb or to just cut it off after 1 crotchet.. who knows. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh as far as the mixing/mastering goes it's far from done but as far as I can tell I'm gonna need a lot of cheesy white noise pad build ups and chord stabs and weird synthy effects as well as making everything hella loud to be awesome french house.

Edit: Stayed up WAY too late working like mad on this one but I feel like I've got it close to a finished state. Shortcut (vers 2)

def. a great start to that genre no doubt. something thats very obviously missing to my ears is there is little to no automation. you really need some crazy freaky filter sweeps and jacking the resonance up and down real quick to get a good justice sound. just work on automating alot of things and it will really liven up your track

• Locked thread