Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Zorak posted:

Besides, he looks quite a bit like Thors now!

...a corpse? :zombie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

DamnGlitch posted:

...a corpse? :zombie:

Yeah...actually, he does.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

I really don't see the whole real father thing being done at all. Just doesn't seem like it works.

And Askeladd was the biggest badass ever. His character might not be honorable in the strict sense, but he still has something that seems close. He really does what he believes in.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
No release this month or are the scanlation groups behind?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
They've been hanging out with Thorfinn

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 29, 2009

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
New chapter out!

Looks like this farming arc could take a whiiiiiile. Potential love interest for Thorfinn?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shamwow posted:

New chapter out!

Looks like this farming arc could take a whiiiiiile. Potential love interest for Thorfinn?

Given how dark and grim Vinland Saga is, she'll probably fall in love with Thorfinn and then shortly later be raped & murdered by raiders or the freed slaves, which will spark a thirst for revenge in Thorfinn and revive his fighting spirit.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
EDIT: Quote is not edit.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I assume we skipped July and this is the August release or are we behind for translation?

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008
I like this new guy. His sheer 'enthusiastic new guy'-ness is a good foil for Thorfinn, Lord of Apathy.

Nubian Robodin
Jan 20, 2005
Your best friend objectifies children and you lied for him about it.

fuck you, you disgusting idiot.
I waited two months for Viking murder and all I got was farming manga.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Despite it all Thorfinn turned out to be exactly like the girl in chapter 2.

http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/2/37/

Didn't exactly do what he'd say he'd do.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.

YouTuber posted:

Despite it all Thorfinn turned out to be exactly like the girl in chapter 2.

http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/2/37/

Didn't exactly do what he'd say he'd do.

That was from when he had a purpose in life, which he doesn't have now.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nubian Robodin posted:

I waited two months for Viking murder and all I got was farming manga.

You just wait, it will slowly evolve into Harvest Moon - The Manga (Viking Edition).

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008

JosephWongKS posted:

You just wait, it will slowly evolve into Harvest Moon - The Manga (Viking Edition).

Sowing the fields with salt and choosing one of the local girls to rape?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Meningism posted:

Sowing the fields with salt and choosing one of the local girls to rape?

And destroying houses instead of building them.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Shamwow posted:

New chapter out!

Could this possibly be Gudrid?

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

For those waiting for Vinland Saga, there has been a few updates for Historie and Cesare. Cesare is up to chapter 16 and Historie is up to chapter 56.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

New Chapter out! Sadly, my net is downloading at 7kb and it will take me 30 min. So it is now time to drool as each page slowly loads on OneManga.

This manga surprises me. So many entertaining pages from this short chapter, and god drat why must we wait so long for this quality?

JerseyMonkey fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 2, 2009

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Looks like we don't have to worry about this turning into a monthly farming manga, though that would have been pretty neat.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
God I love this manga. It's torture it doesn't come out often enough. I hope this kid gets stabbed soon, he's sounding a little too sasuke for my tastes.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Thorfinn is going to murder that idiot. Like he has no loving idea how badly he is going to get hosed up.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

YouTuber posted:

Thorfinn is going to murder that idiot. Like he has no loving idea how badly he is going to get hosed up.

and the kids accomping the kid because ya know him just owning 1 guy isn't going to be enough for this series

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
That last page was like a goddamn punchline.

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

and the kids accomping the kid because ya know him just owning 1 guy isn't going to be enough for this series

I don't believe that for a second. I think he's going to kill the son of the rich land owner and have a sudden need to be somewhere else. What good luck there's a mercenary company just chillin' who will have very recently seen his skill at butchering morons!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Hope the new guy doesn't die in the process. A bromance forms between the two and they go off to travelling the country side looking to become men by way of the sword.

rghayati
Dec 29, 2007

I'm done trying to predict this manga, but

YouTuber posted:

I've got a pretty good feeling about this.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Squidgee Moot posted:

I've got a pretty good feeling about this.
I disagree- I think that arrogant son guy is way too dumb and annoying to be offed casually, to the contrary, he's being set up as a prime candidate for character development. My prediction: something will happen that will result in Thorfinn, New Guy, and Arrogant Son Guy going off on an adventure together.

Yeah, that's a terrible prediction, but the obvious route is a bit too obvious.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
It's pretty obvious the kid is going to try killing either the guy or Thorfinn, and then Thorfinn will school him and then the guy will want Thorfinn to teach him or something.

Boner Machine
Nov 4, 2007

Oh hell. I don't know why I keep picking up great series that are years from being finished, the waiting always gets unbearable.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

If I had more restraint I'd read this once a year

That chapter was interesting but seriously nothing significant happened

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe

Jackard posted:

If I had more restraint I'd read this once a year

That chapter was interesting but seriously nothing significant happened

that's because it's setting up for the super action

L.E. Cheetah
Aug 7, 2007

Zorak posted:

It's pretty obvious the kid is going to try killing either the guy or Thorfinn, and then Thorfinn will school him and then the guy will want Thorfinn to teach him or something.

There's gotta be some reason that Thorfinn is acting like he is now. I think he's gonna refuse to fight at first for some reason or another next chapter and we'll have to wait for another until he gets over it.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

L.E. Cheetah posted:

There's gotta be some reason that Thorfinn is acting like he is now. I think he's gonna refuse to fight at first for some reason or another next chapter and we'll have to wait for another until he gets over it.

I don't see why it's a big mystery why he isn't fighting. He fought all his life and what did it get him? A dead dad and later, a dead dad. Whoopee! Dude's giving the peaceful life a shot, and more power to him for it.

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body

Mystic Mongol posted:

I don't see why it's a big mystery why he isn't fighting. He fought all his life and what did it get him? A dead dad and later, a dead dad. Whoopee! Dude's giving the peaceful life a shot, and more power to him for it.
Too bad the manga is based upon him slaying bitches.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Tualek posted:

Too bad the manga is based upon him slaying bitches.

Well it's pretty loving obvious it'll be back to that in a few chapters.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DamnGlitch posted:

Well it's pretty loving obvious it'll be back to that in a few chapters.

It drat well better! I loved the fighting scenes, it was like Naruto but with out the gay. I'm also very pleased that those first 50 chapters were the prologue. It's nice to see a manga that doesn't embrace the 12 year old saves the world. 12 year olds were just the intro. But if this is released monthly doesn't that mean that the prologue lasted like 4 years?

Anyways I discovered this thread a few days ago and sped read through it. I can't wait for more to come!

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Volume posted:

it was like Naruto but with out the gay.

God couldn't you have thought of a better manga to compare this with :gonk:

I say berserk without demons.

DamnGlitch fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 7, 2009

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

DamnGlitch posted:

Good couldn't you have thought of a better manga to compare this with :gonk:

I say berserk without demons.