Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's up on One Manga too.
http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/58/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

TooManyUzukis posted:

What a frustratingly short chapter. :(
Just as it was getting good, as well.

Indeed. I was just saying "Oh poo poo...." and then "End of Chapter!" popped up.

The rat bastards.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Gaaah I hate mensual Mangas !!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't know whether to feel more sorry for Thorfinn or the guards on that ending. I mean, he apparently had suppressed the memory of his years of adventure, or something. And them actually swinging at him isn't going to do anything but ignite the most horrific PTSD episode in history.

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot
http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/58/09/

"Yes, yes I'm Thorfinn."

Wait, WHAT?

L.E. Cheetah
Aug 7, 2007
Nobody really took notice of him using the wrong name, so I guessed it was just a clerical error.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just assumed it was supposed to show how smitten he was with the girl, the ol' say the wrong name/thing to the hot girl gag.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Couple of slips in editing. There are a few other times where a character will be speaking but you'll see the word balloon pointing at someone else.

http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/58/20/

Jackard fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 30, 2009

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Haha, what? Does One Manga introduce errors into what they upload or something? It's fine here. And this one too.

It's like the folks who run One Manga don't even want you to use it over Manga Fox.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Onemanga doesn't pay attention to quality at all - they just use whoever finishes and submits their translation first. The same problems have been noticed in other shonen manga threads.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?
The last I read Vinland Saga was around chapter 46 or so, and I glutted myself on the rest today to my pleasure and frustration. I'm at a complete loss, SA. I love this manga and am painfully excited to see what the other characters have been getting up to, plus the conclusion of the Ketil Farm Problem. Oh God, Thorfinn -- another month!

On a less urgent note, do you think the storyline will continue in the direction of the battle for Ireland, Canute turning his eye towards Norway, Thorfinn's search for purpose/Vinland? As much as I want to see Canute and Thorkell continue the rise to power in Scandinavia, I greatly want to see the Vikings encounter some non-Anglicized Celts. All of the above, I hope. :allears:

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot
I really dunno. I'm of course super-interested in the resolution of this farm business, but from Thorfinn's face it looks like a couple of years have passed at least. I'm sure something crazy happens between the end of the previous segment and "Thorfinn Shippuden", so we definitely have to see that. But hell, just what's going on with the King in the interim is probably pretty interesting too.

There's a hell of a lot of room for expansion in all direction, and it's a goddamn monthly. drat the man. :argh:

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Crisco Kid posted:

On a less urgent note, do you think the storyline will continue in the direction of the battle for Ireland, Canute turning his eye towards Norway, Thorfinn's search for purpose/Vinland? As much as I want to see Canute and Thorkell continue the rise to power in Scandinavia, I greatly want to see the Vikings encounter some non-Anglicized Celts. All of the above, I hope. :allears:
Considering the name of the manga, and in perspective of Thorfinn's counterpart in our history, I'd bet the storyline will involve how Thorfinn will travel to the american continent and be the first settler in L'Anse aux Medows rather than following Canute's rise in awesomeness.
Still I'd be sad if the rest of the story doesn't involve Canute and Thorkell.

bondster
May 6, 2007

:siren:Chapter 59:siren:

Welp So Thorfinn didn't lose his memory at least.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yaaaase. Perfect.

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko
I thought it was a pretty badass chapter, all in all.
Snake used CQC on Fox :v:

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot
Bastards. The chapters are so good, and then you have to wait another goddamn month.

Remo
Oct 10, 2007

I wish this would go on forever
A lot of these guys are based on historical figures right? Anyone knows who this new guy might be?

Really looking forward to the next chapter!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hell yeah. Awesome chapter.

rghayati
Dec 29, 2007

This can be a confusing time in a boy's life. You may not understand what your body wants.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chapter 60.

http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/60/01/

Oh god this better not turn into a yaoi series.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 22, 2009

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

^^^ gently caress you

:siren:Chapter 60:siren:

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Pretty amazing storytelling. Wish I started this after the whole thing was finished.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Aww that was just adorable :unsmith:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

Chapter 60.

http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/60/01/

Oh god this better not turn into a yaoi series.

They bros. Bros aint gay.

latency
Sep 3, 2003

Glad to see another chapter posted! This is the first series I've read that hasn't ended already, and it's tough waiting for at least a month for each chapter.

I realize this isn't BSS and this may have already been suggested, but if anyone's looking for more viking stories to read while waiting for the next chapter, check out the Northlander comics. Brian Wood rocks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northlanders

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

latency posted:

I realize this isn't BSS and this may have already been suggested, but if anyone's looking for more viking stories to read while waiting for the next chapter, check out the Northlander comics. Brian Wood rocks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northlanders

Looks pretty kickass. Gonna go pick up a copy after Christmas.

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008
I borrowed Northlanders from a friend just a couple of days ago, and highly recommend it. Sven is basically what I hope Thorfinn grows up to be. He reminds me of Askeladd, a lot.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Edit: Mistook Vagabond for Vinland Saga; ignore this please.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Guyver posted:

Edit: Mistook Vagabond for Vinland Saga; ignore this please.

How dare you excite me for a new chapter.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

JerseyMonkey posted:

How dare you excite me for a new chapter.

Heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread near the top :colbert:

Edit: I realize I'm only making it worse by posting but I don't care!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kingtheninja posted:

Well I guess now it's my turn to crush some other readers hopes.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.

Kingtheninja posted:

Well... Vagabond is good too :shobon:

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot
I've started reading Northlanders while I wait. It's pretty goddamn awesome, check it out.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

You people are terrible, 6 new posts. (or now 7)

Anyway, I'm really hoping the plot starts moving somewhere, it's kind of a let down after all the awesome stuff in the previous chapters.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Chapter 61 is out. Despite having no real fighting, it was much more interesting than the past few chapters.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Loving Canute's new look. Reading the last couple of chapters made me feel a silence before a storm. Eagerly awaiting said storm.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
So has Canute lost his philosophy to greed or is it a front...?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Zorak posted:

So has Canute lost his philosophy to greed or is it a front...?

Oh, come on. Do you think he's going to say, "All of your money is not enough, go get another thousand pounds of silver?" He's trying to rule a country and reforge human destiny, not get a sweet castle lined entirely in mink.

While I hate to guess, I'm confident it'll be something along the lines of, "I want your support," or command of the guy's military forces, or his land, or maybe religious concessions of some sort--but just asking for more money doesn't fit with the character at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Oh, come on. Do you think he's going to say, "All of your money is not enough, go get another thousand pounds of silver?" He's trying to rule a country and reforge human destiny, not get a sweet castle lined entirely in mink.

While I hate to guess, I'm confident it'll be something along the lines of, "I want your support," or command of the guy's military forces, or his land, or maybe religious concessions of some sort--but just asking for more money doesn't fit with the character at all.

Canute talks earlier about making him a pawn. I assume he's going to threaten/frighten him by not immediately taking the surrender. That way, he can ensure loyalty later. Scare the poo poo out of someone and they're less likely to stab you in the back.