Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Suspicious Lump posted:

Fixed for you.

Did not see that coming. You guys remember Bjorn and how he died? I hope the same thing happens here.

edit: Holy poo poo I just realised something, Askeladd saw the prince coming and just took it.

What else was he going to do? There's no way he's walking away from this with what ammounts to the entire English army kicking in the door. Getting stabbed by the prince was a best case scenerio.

I sure hope he isn't dead. C'mon, breastplate and pig's bladder fulla blood! Askeladd needs a new pair of story lines!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Nubian Robodin posted:

I think that Canute knows Askeladd is too valuable to be killed at this point. But who knows if he has that much control in this situation.

This is pretty good for the prince. Askeladd may have been cunning, but we just traded him in for the Prince's greatest, most dangerous enemy, and gave an excellent chance for everyone to see just how in command the prince is these days. Remember that the last time anyone in court saw Canute, he was probably hiding behind his chair.

Eiba posted:

He was dressed for a party- I don't think he was wearing any armor to speak of...

That's no party, that's a war council. Thorkell's wearing his chain mail and twenty pounds of leather outfit, and Askeladd's roman breastplate (which stops blows from men much stronger than the prince) could conceivably be under that jacket + shirt + robe he's got layered up there. That means he's not dead one hundred percent! Hooray! :v:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Nubian Robodin posted:

This is true but who is he going to rely on for advice, Thorkell?

I'd do that. He seems reliable.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
That last page was like a goddamn punchline.

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

and the kids accomping the kid because ya know him just owning 1 guy isn't going to be enough for this series

I don't believe that for a second. I think he's going to kill the son of the rich land owner and have a sudden need to be somewhere else. What good luck there's a mercenary company just chillin' who will have very recently seen his skill at butchering morons!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

L.E. Cheetah posted:

There's gotta be some reason that Thorfinn is acting like he is now. I think he's gonna refuse to fight at first for some reason or another next chapter and we'll have to wait for another until he gets over it.

I don't see why it's a big mystery why he isn't fighting. He fought all his life and what did it get him? A dead dad and later, a dead dad. Whoopee! Dude's giving the peaceful life a shot, and more power to him for it.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Zorak posted:

So has Canute lost his philosophy to greed or is it a front...?

Oh, come on. Do you think he's going to say, "All of your money is not enough, go get another thousand pounds of silver?" He's trying to rule a country and reforge human destiny, not get a sweet castle lined entirely in mink.

While I hate to guess, I'm confident it'll be something along the lines of, "I want your support," or command of the guy's military forces, or his land, or maybe religious concessions of some sort--but just asking for more money doesn't fit with the character at all.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Kingtheninja posted:

After hulking out. Imagine the fields he could plough!

Wouldn't that ruin the, "I need a horse," adventure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
It's not like we've lost the prince, who appears to be traveling England punting jerks in the nads. We don't need to rely on Thorfinn for our awesome action quota.