Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.E. Cheetah
Aug 7, 2007

Zorak posted:

It's pretty obvious the kid is going to try killing either the guy or Thorfinn, and then Thorfinn will school him and then the guy will want Thorfinn to teach him or something.

There's gotta be some reason that Thorfinn is acting like he is now. I think he's gonna refuse to fight at first for some reason or another next chapter and we'll have to wait for another until he gets over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L.E. Cheetah
Aug 7, 2007
Nobody really took notice of him using the wrong name, so I guessed it was just a clerical error.

L.E. Cheetah
Aug 7, 2007
Monthly series should not be only 20 pages long. My balls are turning an unhealthy shade of blue.

L.E. Cheetah
Aug 7, 2007

Zorak posted:

I agree that is possibly where it's going, but let's not forget the nature of the enlightenments we've seen thus far: we've seen it result in both ultra pacifism (Thorfinn's dad), but also an acceptance that if one really needs to change the world, war IS necessary (Canute). So it's hard to tell where it will go.

Given how horrifying Thorfinn's version of Valhalla is I think it'll be the former.

L.E. Cheetah
Aug 7, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

I hope it's pacifist saga that actually can accomplish something, anything, without violence, unlike gundam pacifists, who only gently caress things up for other people.

I think the TVtropes dudes call it "Technical Pacifism", where its ok to beat a dude within an inch of his life, as long as that inch is still there.