Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrzyDTpBoy
Aug 5, 2003

997...998...999......GAMETIME

no_fuse posted:

Even my desktop has em0 :c00lbert:

gently caress desktops, my virtual machines have em0:

quote:

2. Don't use lnc

This tip is no longer current, as lnc doesn't exist in FreeBSD 7. It's still valid for FreeBSD 6.2 and earlier versions.

While it's the default, lnc driver is the worst network driver for your virtual machine. It's GIANT-locked (meaning it doesn't allow for much parallelizm in the OS), and it's actually deprecated and will be dropped in FreeBSD 7. The replacement for lnc is le and it's present at least in FreeBSD 6.2 and newer, but it's not included in the default GENERIC kernel. Thus, you'll have to configure and compile a custom kernel with device lnc replaced with device le. (Just loading the if_le kernel module won't work because the lnc driver present in the kernel at boot time will detect and use the hardware first.)

In VMWare ESX 3 and VMWare Server 1.0 there's an undocumented configuration option for the virtual machine that enables VMWare to emulate Intel E1000 hardware instead of the AMD Lance[*]. To use it, edit the .vmx file and put ethernet0.virtualDev="e1000" in the appropriate place (anywhere). The simulated device also has TSO support (which is usable in FreeBSD 7, though I don't know what performance can be achieved with the simulated hardware). Device em is faster and not GIANT-locked so it should give the best performance.

http://ivoras.sharanet.org/freebsd/vmware.html

It works in 6.3 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarftosser
Sep 3, 2002

PLEASE LET ME SUCK YOUR COCK, BRETT!

CrzyDTpBoy posted:

Random loving lockups. Periodically, I/O completely freezes and when something tries to hit the disk, instant panic or fault. It happens on 6.2 and post-6.2 6-STABLE after some promising mfi commits. It's much less frequent since I disabled patrol reads.

Hmm.. I've got a pair of 2950s running 6.2 without any lockup or stability issues at all.

Requested username
Dec 12, 2005

wolrah posted:

This is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect from the OpenBSD guys, sacrificing practical usability over an idealist point of view.

Given that OpenBSD strives to be technically correct, I'm not surprised either.

They're not sacrificing practical usability for any OpenBSD users. OpenBSD targets a different market and userbase (primarily developers) from most other operating systems. Don't mistake lack of interest in supporting a redundant, overdesigned, consumer-oriented "security" standard as anything other than it actually is.

People are working on WPA2 support in OpenBSD, primarily for people who are at colleges and have no other option to connect to their wireless network, but it's a very low priority task. OpenBSD is a small project with few developers. None of them have a pressing need for WPA2, so nobody's interested in writing the code to support it.

wolrah posted:

I can't speak for its design and or the challenges involved in implementation, but from an ease of use standpoint WPA2 beats the poo poo out of all of those.

I use SSH tunnels pretty much daily to get in to my office network from the road and provide remote support to my customers, but I sure as hell don't want to do the same to get online from my own couch. I get home from work, I open my laptop, I have internet. End of story.

If all you want is internet you could have the same convenience with authpf + a shell script. It would require an SSH client but the shell script could automatically authenticate you via SSH at which point authpf adds rules to your firewall to allow traffic to pass between your laptop and the internet.

Your browsing would be unencrypted unless you use SSL or TLS but the overall security wouldn't be much different from using a public AP. If you want more encryption then you would need to use IPSec or WPA2.

wolrah posted:

Wireless networks in the home and most offices are about convenience. WPA/WPA2 means I can have friends show up, toss them a post-it with the key, and expect them to be able to get online almost without care for their OS or if it's even a normal computer. I know the AppleTV, Xbox 360, and PS3 support WPA2, I think the PSP does as well. As far as I know the DS is limited to WEP, but that's it.

None of these devices support VPNs or run SSH (out of the box at least) so from a practical standpoint I know which one I'm choosing.

Since VPNs and the like are complicated and not really supported by most devices, they're not an option to me. WEP is absolutely garbage for security, so that's out too. That leaves WPA and WPA2. As far as I know, there are some theoretical attacks on WPA which have not actually been implemented (and may not be implementable) and WPA2 is as of yet unbroken.

Don't the AppleTV, Xbox 360, and PS3 have ethernet ports that can be used instead? Yes, I know it's not as convenient as wireless but for anyone using OpenBSD in this case it's a lot easier to run a cable than to write who knows how many thousands of lines of code.

OpenBSD is not a consumer oriented operating system. Faulting it for not supporting consumer oriented stuff is stupid. In the end, computers and by extension operating systems, are tools. Use the right one for the job. If one isn't working for you, find one that does. But don't complain about one not having all the features you want if you don't even use it and already have something that fits your needs.

OpenBSD doesn't try to be everything. If it can't do what you want, use something that does. Even some of the OpenBSD developers dual-boot between other operating systems.

CrzyDTpBoy
Aug 5, 2003

dwarftosser posted:

Hmm.. I've got a pair of 2950s running 6.2 without any lockup or stability issues at all.

And we've got another 20+ with no problems. It's only the oldest two, which were purchased right after the 9th gens were released and have the P/N & chipset differences in my previous post.

So incredibly frustrating...

Kapser
Jul 13, 2004
If any of you happen to be in NYC, or would like to travel, NYCBSDCon will be happening over the weekend of October 11-12, 2008 at Columbia University with a similar format to the 2006 conference.

If you would like to speak at the conference, start thinking about a topic relevant to the *BSD community and send your presentation abstract to cfp@nycbsdcon.org in
text, ps or pdf format by July 15th, 2008. The Full CFP can be found at http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2008/cfp.html

Do not let travel and accommodation concerns get in the way of your submissions; they may have some opportunities to subsidize speakers, but it is too early to guarantee anything at this point.

CrzyDTpBoy
Aug 5, 2003

Kapser posted:

If any of you happen to be in NYC, or would like to travel, NYCBSDCon will be happening over the weekend of October 11-12, 2008 at Columbia University with a similar format to the 2006 conference.

I actually might be going.

My supervisor did a presentation last year - I'll have to see if he's submitting anything.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

Kapser posted:

If you would like to speak at the conference, start thinking about a topic relevant to the *BSD community and send your presentation abstract to cfp@nycbsdcon.org in
text, ps or pdf format by July 15th, 2008. The Full CFP can be found at http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2008/cfp.html

Do not let travel and accommodation concerns get in the way of your submissions; they may have some opportunities to subsidize speakers, but it is too early to guarantee anything at this point.

Cool, glad it's happening this year. I may very well be able to attend.

(Also added this to the events section of the OP.)

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

timb posted:

Anyone test out ULE under 7.0? I'm seeing reports that it's slower than 4BSD in pretty much everything.

Just wanted to post an update about this. ULE is running, but I noticed performance actually decreased a bit compared to 4BSD. I added IPI_PREEMPTION which seems to have sped things up (but not by much, though).

All in all, ULE is only testing as slightly above 4BSD for me (as far as real world performance goes). It may be my drives bottlenecking me, though. I'll do some more testing when I have time and publish some actual numbers.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.
Sorry if I missed it earlier, but how many cores is that? ULE seems to be doing great on my 4-core machines, but I didn't do any benchmarking.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006
Two physical processors both with HTT running under amd64. One of both of those facts may make a difference.

Don't get me wrong, ULE is running stable, it just doesn't seem to be giving the speed boost it has in the past.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
HTT is hyperthreading? Might be that. The scheduler is probably assuming four discrete CPUs.

complex
Sep 16, 2003

NYCBUG meeting tonight. Subject is ZFS, if anyone is interested. I'll be the Asian nerd-type.

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!
Anyone have any thoughts on hosting with hub.org? A 'Personal' VPS is only about £4/month there - I just need it for being a secondary nameserver and maybe MX for my personal low-traffic domains.

Or is there a goon-run hosting company that can do something similar (i.e. a little VPS you get root access to) for that sort of money?

complex
Sep 16, 2003

JamesOff posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on hosting with hub.org? A 'Personal' VPS is only about £4/month there - I just need it for being a secondary nameserver and maybe MX for my personal low-traffic domains.

For modest needs such as this perhaps you could get by with a free service like http://freedns.afraid.org/

If you still want the VPS so you can mess around with other things then you can go with Hub. I've heard they're decent. For something based in the EU you mihgt want to look into Gandi's service at http://www.gandi.net/hosting/

markus876
Aug 19, 2002

I am a comedy trap.

JamesOff posted:

Or is there a goon-run hosting company that can do something similar (i.e. a little VPS you get root access to) for that sort of money?

Shameless Plug Alert: We offer a Solaris 10 based virtual server for $12 US / month (http://www.gangusinternet.com) - you would get root access on that. As mentioned above, this would be likely overkill for what you are looking for, but its another option.

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

Agreed, but I'd probably find other uses for having another server :) I've just signed up with afraid.org to check that out, thanks for the pointer.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
For some reason I can't fathom, D-BSD wont install.
It hangs, at 12% or 13% (two separate attempts).

The discs continue to spin (both hdd & DVD), but the mouse is unresponsive, meaning I can't cancel to see if it would give me a message.

PC-BSD and FreeBSD will install. So i'm not sure what the issue is, I reburned the .iso. But, it did the same.
I really wanted the D-BSD since when I'm older and more grown up, I'd like to be able to used FreeBSD proper.

ATM, I'm putting on PC-BSD until I can figure out what the beef is.

The version I was trying was the current DesktopBSD-1.6-i386.iso

I have no idea what I'm doing, I just know I want to do it.

edit: i think its a flaky HDD

url fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 7, 2008

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

JamesOff posted:

I've just signed up with afraid.org to check that out, thanks for the pointer.
Replying to myself to state for the record that afraid.org's free DNS backup NS service is working great.

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!
Let me see if I understand this: Slices in FreeBSD are kind of like traditional partitions and FreeBSD partitions are like sub-partitions? This is how I read the Handbook section on allocating disk space.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

Sergeant Hobo posted:

Let me see if I understand this: Slices in FreeBSD are kind of like traditional partitions and FreeBSD partitions are like sub-partitions? This is how I read the Handbook section on allocating disk space.

Yup, more or less.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
More like the other way around. You slice regular partitions. At least I think.

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

Toiletbrush posted:

More like the other way around. You slice regular partitions. At least I think.

According to this, it seems slices = primary partitions and partitions (in FreeBSD) = logical partitions. There can be only 4 slices and as many partitions within the slices as you want or can have (at least that's the impression I get). This way appears to be the simplest method of looking at it that I've found. That and the naming scheme goes [physical disk name][slice number][slice partition] (i.e. ad0s1a, ad0s2a, etc.).

The slice mechanism seems to be a rather nice little way of doing things as opposed to the Linux way which is basically to make as many disk-level partitions as needed for your mount points (at least that's how I've been doing it; then again, I haven't really gone any further than separate /usr and /var partitions).

P.S. The more I read the Handbook, the more I love it. :love:

EDIT: Temporary Internet malfunction almost made me double-post. Whew.

Sergeant Hobo fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 12, 2008

Alowishus
Jan 8, 2002

My name is Mud
I just inherited maintenance of a client's FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE server. It appears that it was installed in 2003 and hasn't been updated since 2005. It's running some internal websites built on Apache and Perl, with databases kept in both MySQL and PostgreSQL. Everything is running fine for now, but the client would like to do more development on the system and is afraid of potential security issues with the outdated OS and software.

Is it feasible to forklift this machine all the way up to a current FreeBSD version, or would it be better to build a fresh system on new hardware and migrate the applications and data by hand? How far back do FreeBSD security patches currently reach?

I'm Libertarian u ASS
Jan 20, 2007

by Fragmaster

Alowishus posted:

How far back do FreeBSD security patches currently reach?

I think 5.5 is still getting security errata.

And here's a bonus question from a FreeBSD newbie; does the version of FreeBSD affect what versions of software I get from ports or are they totally separate?

Absorbs Quickly
Jan 6, 2005

And then the ArchAngel descended from heaven.

I'm Libertarian u rear end posted:

And here's a bonus question from a FreeBSD newbie; does the version of FreeBSD affect what versions of software I get from ports or are they totally separate?

Totally separate. Ports are their own CVS repo not tied into the main BSD "world" at all.
Just make sure you update your ports tree before you install them, or you may get ports from back when your OS was shipped.

CrzyDTpBoy
Aug 5, 2003

I'm Libertarian u rear end posted:

5.5, and by extension the whole 5.x branch, is EOLed as of 5/31/08.

quote:

The ports tree is the ports tree, but not all ports necessarily build on all unsupported/older branches.

I'm Libertarian u ASS
Jan 20, 2007

by Fragmaster
That's all I wanted to know, thank you.

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
Yay, BSD thread! :woop:

I just jumped back into FreeBSD with version 7, but I can't get Xorg configured right. It just insists on vga mode, which sucks balls. If start KDE I can use the desktop config app to reset the resolution to 1600x1280@60hz just fine, but I don't like being chained to KDE and I'd prefer X to just work. I've tried both xorg -configure and xorg config. It seems they've decided gently caress you if it doesn't just work and deleted xorgcfg, what in the gently caress? Is there some way I could build it myself? I'm seriously thinking it's just too much trouble, and I'm wondering if I shouldn't just go and install Open instead since that's what I use on my other machine.

Wrexsoul
Mar 6, 2002

CrzyDTpBoy posted:

gently caress desktops, my virtual machines have em0:

http://ivoras.sharanet.org/freebsd/vmware.html

It works in 6.3 as well.

Funny, I've just been setting up a FreeBSD 7 VM template for running some monitoring software and was following some of the tips there. I'd disagree on two points, first the network driver, em0 performance is great, but it creates issues when/if you need to vmotion the box off one server to another. This also touches on his point 5; "vmware tools not neccessary"; the guest tools are absolutely neccessary if you want your VMs to place nice in a low-memory environment (I.E. one or more of the ESX hosts are down for maintenance or have crashed), and if you need to vmotion at all. With the release of the open-vm-tools port, all* you need to do to get the tools running is run portinstall open-vm-tools, add

quote:

vmware_guestd_enable=YES
vmware_guest_kmod_enable=YES
vmware_guest_vmmemctl_enable=YES
vmware_guest_vmxnet_enable=YES
to rc.conf and reboot. Then you'll be able to bring up vxn0(after adding ethernet0.virtualDev="vmxnet" to the .vmx config file) for an optimized network driver, be able to vmotion as needed, and the vmmemctl kernel module allows the guest to intelligently swap out memory when the host is running low on RAM instead of the host randomly swapping things to disk that might actually be live.

*Actually you may also need to compile a custom kernel without the le driver; I'm not sure as I haven't tested with the stock kernel.

CrzyDTpBoy
Aug 5, 2003

LooseChanj posted:

If start KDE I can use the desktop config app to reset the resolution to 1600x1280@60hz just fine, but I don't like being chained to KDE and I'd prefer X to just work.

What graphics card do you have? If it's Nvidia, install nvidia-xconfig, run it with sudo, configure the display, then use built-in "write to xorg.conf" function.

If it's not Nvidia do `egrep "EE|WW" /var/log/Xorg.0.log` to look for errors. Alternately, post your xorg.conf and I'll see if anything sticks out.

Wrexsoul posted:

Funny, I've just been setting up a FreeBSD 7 VM template for running some monitoring software and was following some of the tips there. I'd disagree on two points, first the network driver, em0 performance is great, but it creates issues when/if you need to vmotion the box off one server to another.

Remember that the network driver tips on that page refer to avoiding GIANT locked modules, which are finally completely removed in 7.x.

We haven't started using 7 at all, but thanks for those tips, it'll be a helluva shortcut once we finish with our 6.3 rollouts.

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!
Word around the Internet is that FreeBSD's Samba performance is not as good as Linux. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm asking because if there's ever a need to replace my current Linux box, I want to know that FreeBSD can perform just as well, if not better.

Side note: I'm about 2/3 of the way through the Handbook (not counting the appendices and such). I'm just wondering how much it has been updated for 7.0, not that I imagine stuff from 6.3 wouldn't apply.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

I challenge you BSDers to a duel. Well, not really, but nobody in #openbsd, #pf, or #freebsd could give me an answer to this question.

Scenario:

Server. Needs the firewall on said server to rewrite packets originating (OUTGOING) from the server. Not passing packets through interfaces. I need packets from the server itself to be rewritten.

rdr inet proto tcp from self to IP -> OTHER_IP

doesnt work.

In Linux:
iptables -A OUTPUT -t nat -d IP -j DNAT --to OTHER_IP

Reason: Internal dev webserver. Going to have developers connect through a SOCKS proxy on the firewall so their traffic to our real webservers gets diverted/rewritten to our internal webserver for mucking about with webserver settings and not messing with production. This is the only way. Hosts file changes, changing DNS servers that points to internal addresses is not viable. Webservers MUST use the hostname/virtualhost or they dont function (heavy Oracle PL/SQL sites, custom site software, requires this to function).

This is the only reasonable way to do it. I currently have it rigged up through a Linux box right now but I'm dying to get this answer for pf.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

feld posted:

I challenge you BSDers to a duel. Well, not really, but nobody in #openbsd, #pf, or #freebsd could give me an answer to this question.

Scenario:

Server. Needs the firewall on said server to rewrite packets originating (OUTGOING) from the server. Not passing packets through interfaces. I need packets from the server itself to be rewritten.

doesnt work.

In Linux:

Reason: Internal dev webserver. Going to have developers connect through a SOCKS proxy on the firewall so their traffic to our real webservers gets diverted/rewritten to our internal webserver for mucking about with webserver settings and not messing with production. This is the only way. Hosts file changes, changing DNS servers that points to internal addresses is not viable. Webservers MUST use the hostname/virtualhost or they dont function (heavy Oracle PL/SQL sites, custom site software, requires this to function).

This is the only reasonable way to do it. I currently have it rigged up through a Linux box right now but I'm dying to get this answer for pf.

Have you checked out dummynet?

Basically, you'd add bridged pipes via ipfw to reroute the traffic.

HATE TROLL TIM fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 16, 2008

unclefu
Jul 1, 2004
mr .shuffles

feld posted:

Scenario:

doesnt work.

In Linux:

pf has binat, would that work?

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

Sergeant Hobo posted:

Side note: I'm about 2/3 of the way through the Handbook (not counting the appendices and such)
i have not read the entire handbook and i can safely say that all (but 1) of my friends that use freebsd are in the same boat
when i encounter a problem/something new i look there first and then google
im not the reading type so maybe that explains my sheer amazement that someone would want to read the entire handbook

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

CrzyDTpBoy posted:

If it's not Nvidia do `egrep "EE|WW" /var/log/Xorg.0.log` to look for errors. Alternately, post your xorg.conf and I'll see if anything sticks out.

All the EE|WW lines in the log:
(WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/local/lib/X11/fonts/local/".
(That always seems to be there.)
(WW) OS did not count PCI devices, guessing wildly
(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) found
Of course the next line is:
(--) Chipset ATI Radeon 9600 AP (AGP) found :doh:
(WW) RADEON(0): No crtc mode list for crtc 1,continuing with desired mode
(WW) RADEON(0): DRI init changed memory map, adjusting ...
(WW) RADEON(0): MC_FB_LOCATION was: 0xefffe000 is: 0xefffe000
(WW) RADEON(0): MC_AGP_LOCATION was: 0xffffffc0 is: 0xf87ff800
And that's it. No EE lines at all. It's an all-in-wonder, but the tv tuner died. That shouldn't matter, since FreeBSD's never known it was there before. Otherwise the card works fine and dandy. The dead tuner shouldn't matter, but we all know what happens when you say "should(n't)".

I wonder if this isn't some of the problem:
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:01:00.0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 8, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 8
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:01:00.0

Sorry 'bout all of that gobblygook.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

unclefu posted:

pf has binat, would that work?

Tried that. It only works for traffic you're forwarding.

Makes this quite an interesting problem doesnt it? Appears pf is wonderful at FORWARDING traffic but if you want to tinker with traffic from the machine the firewall runs on, it appears to be lacking in very necessary features. :(

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

EvilMoFo posted:

i have not read the entire handbook and i can safely say that all (but 1) of my friends that use freebsd are in the same boat
when i encounter a problem/something new i look there first and then google
im not the reading type so maybe that explains my sheer amazement that someone would want to read the entire handbook

Well, some of the chapters have mostly been "Do you have hardware x? Install software y to use it!" which makes for a rather dull read since there are things I don't even have (TV tuner cards). It's nice for a reference but I'm kind of skipping through stuff like that to get to the real stuff (Administration and networking -- the last third of the handbook).

The other reason I'm reading more of the Handbook is that I don't really have a reason to implement FreeBSD right now on anything I have. My Arch Linux box is working fine enough (the cardinal "If it's not broken, don't fix it" rule) and I don't have a fourth computer to act as a screw-around box. That leaves me with a VMWare installation which I'm futzing around in now.

Requested username
Dec 12, 2005

Requested username posted:

:words:

For anyone interested, OpenBSD-current just got WPA2-PSK support. Chipset support is a bit limited at the moment but according to the article it will expand given time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrzyDTpBoy
Aug 5, 2003

Sergeant Hobo posted:

Word around the Internet is that FreeBSD's Samba performance is not as good as Linux. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm asking because if there's ever a need to replace my current Linux box, I want to know that FreeBSD can perform just as well, if not better.

What's Linux performance like?

On a (gig) network that looks like this:

code:
traceroute to samba(192.168.1.100), 64 hops max, 40 byte packets
 1  ds0 (192.168.1.1)  0.245 ms  0.242 ms  0.140 ms
 2  samba (192.168.1.100)  0.424 ms  0.580 ms  0.430 ms
Completely untuned samba gets:
code:
smb: \> put 100megs
putting file 100megs as \100megs (10478.9 kb/s) (average 10478.9 kb/s)
SCP reference:
code:
scp 100megs samba:
100megs  100%  100MB  10.0MB/s   00:10 

fled posted:

Are you able to assign an alias on one of the interfaces and allocate another IP for the application to use?

`rdr inet proto tcp from alias0 to IP -> OTHER_IP` might do the trick. I've got something similar going. The traffic originates from inside a jail, but that's just an alias as far as the networking stack is concerned.

LooseChanj posted:

(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) found
Of course the next line is:
(--) Chipset ATI Radeon 9600 AP (AGP) found :doh:

That card doesn't have both DVI & VGA, does it?

Post your xorg.conf or see if you can get that KDE program to write one for you.

CrzyDTpBoy fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 17, 2008

• Locked thread