Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«640 »
mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I know what you want. I know what you need.

It's not like they're rare or anything, it's just speculators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

human garbage

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I know what you want. I know what you need.

Gtab posted:

human garbage

canadian_gun_owners_in_general.txt

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

Gtab posted:

human garbage

For a second there I imagined your user name was Gwar.

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

All the cool kids are watching FIM. Why aren't you?

An M1 carbine is on my wish list but it sounds like that requires a lot of research due to all the different manufacturers and such

Bhurak
Nov 12, 2007

Playing music in the key of HIP!

mikerock posted:

It's not like they're rare or anything, it's just speculators.

We've got a guy that comes in regularly when ever something awesome used comes in and buys it so he can flip it at a gun show and charge too much. One of my coworkers must be informing him as we only update the website once a week. If I find out who I'm probably going to cockpunch them. Guys like this are why gun shows around Edmonton suck. Well that and Nazi memorabilia. And gun owners.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

SaucyPants posted:

An M1 carbine is on my wish list but it sounds like that requires a lot of research due to all the different manufacturers and such

The correct one is "Rock-ola"

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

priznat posted:

The correct one is "Rock-ola"

International Business Machine is funnier on account of calling a gun an International Business Machine and also on account of how IBM helped the Nazi regime commit the Holocaust in detail

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah but NERDS

Also Kevin O'Leary would just call that good business. That guy is hilarious.

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

priznat posted:

Yeah but NERDS

Also Kevin O'Leary would just call that good business. That guy is hilarious.

I'm not given to unjustifiable violence, but he has got to be one of the most punchable people in Canada.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Alain Perdrix posted:

I'm not given to unjustifiable violence, but he has got to be one of the most punchable people in Canada.

He is counterbalanced by Amanda who is just adorable

I bet she wants to punch him sometimes too.

Plus at least we don't have any wonderful characters anywhere near as foul as Rush Limbaugh, ughhhhhhhh. Forget punching, something stronger..

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

priznat posted:

He is counterbalanced by Amanda who is just adorable

I bet she wants to punch him sometimes too.

Plus at least we don't have any wonderful characters anywhere near as foul as Rush Limbaugh, ughhhhhhhh. Forget punching, something stronger..

Yeah, Limbaugh has spent the last week illustrating that he essentially hates women and doesn't understand how birth control works, and it is just par for the course with him. For someone so critical of people less well off than himself, he sure is worthless.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Also kind of pervy.

UNGH god drat I just saw this:

http://www.tacticalimports.ca/index...&products_id=96

Awesome.

priznat fucked around with this message at Mar 4, 2012 around 03:46

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

Alain Perdrix posted:

I like him and think he's a pretty funny guy vv

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

quaint bucket posted:

I like him and think he's a pretty funny guy vv

I respect your right to have no taste.

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

Alain Perdrix posted:

I respect your right to have no taste.

So no objection to hi points and taurus judge then?

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

quaint bucket posted:

So no objection to hi points and taurus judge then?

You can like those, too. It is alright with me.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Bhurak posted:

We've got a guy that comes in regularly when ever something awesome used comes in and buys it so he can flip it at a gun show and charge too much. One of my coworkers must be informing him as we only update the website once a week. If I find out who I'm probably going to cockpunch them. Guys like this are why gun shows around Edmonton suck. Well that and Nazi memorabilia. And gun owners.

How cone he hasn't grabbed that challenger yet because goddamn that thing is beautiful.

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.

Bought a Webley 1917 Mark VI today. Its original finish and in essentially mint condition. No wear on the cylinder face or anything.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Sgt Fox posted:

Bought a Webley 1917 Mark VI today. Its original finish and in essentially mint condition. No wear on the cylinder face or anything.

Holy poo poo, nice work. Webley's in that shape are exceptionally rare. I'm extremely jealous.

Tom Swift
Apr 11, 2010

Mike what were you doing down at Seaforth a couple weeks ago?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Happiness is a tight butt and flat tummy. I have neither but yours looks awesome BTW do you have any beer?

In case anyone is curious, here is a link to some local news coverage on our range closure.

http://www.globallethbridge.com/vid...ml?v=2206377570

I was at this meeting yesterday and the information from the city and Police is infuriating.

Their position is that some "mysterious" strikes appear to be in line with the range. There does is indeed appear cluster of strikes, but they many blocks south of the firing line path from the range. Additionally so, the city included bullet strikes in the report which the Police know due to their own investigation did not originate from the range.

The Police also brought up the specter of ricochets (complete with a very dramatic time lapse photo of a military exercise with tracers). The problem with that theory is their "cluster" of mysterious bullet strikes are all within a surprisingly small area... as in a couple square blocks well over a mile away.. which to be honest doesn't jive with a random ricochet theory with anyone... even the police in attendance. We also have a 300' coulee wall at the end of the range that the bullet would have to clear and still have the energy to penetrate a couple walls over 2000 meters away linearly and not including distance of vertical travel.

We think far more likely someone is shooting from an informal range elsewhere which we know for a fact happens. The North Side of the city (the side with the range) is surrounded by agricultural and ranch land where shooting happens all the time and probably a dozen shot up signs from the area were brought in as evidence. Or, since the strikes seem to be happening in a "not so nice" area of town it could be nefarious activity.

No plausible explanation was given by the city or the police to explain the bullet strikes which happen nowhere near the range... as in behind it on the opposite end of town.

All the bullets recovered are 7.62x39 steel core which we have also since banned from the range in order to soothe fears they came from there.

The majority of City Councilors certainly gave they impression they were going to vote to re-open the range, but one of them and the mayor wanted to table the motion which passed.

The city spokesman was an absolute bumbling retard and couldn't answer questions posed by council as to why the range is presumed guilty until proven innocent or why the city police range isn't under investigation, which is a little further down the river valley. This is especially ironic as the only rounds ever proven to have flown out of range confines were from a police exercise a few years back before our latest baffle constructions and safety rules were implemented.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I hope it works out ok with that range, that'd really suck if it gets shut down

I'm just waiting for the fracas to start up in earnest over the PoCo range in the lower mainland as subdivisions creep up the side of the mountain towards it. I'm sure it won't be long before residents are complaining about it. Or they could be complaining already, I dunno. I hope they get eaten by bears if they are

Mister Sinewave
Feb 9, 2008

Please hold still, this won't take a moment.

Ughhh that kind of stuff is the plague.

I wonder how long until something like that happens to the Spruce Grove range in Edmonton. It was probably rural at some point but there is residential all around, now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Also god drat it those tacticalimport guys have some tempting stuff on their website.

I have a thing for the Type 88 sniper for some reason. Help.

Mister Sinewave
Feb 9, 2008

Please hold still, this won't take a moment.

I wonder which scopes they will come with when they arrive. The pictures show the "old" scope.

I ask because the original optics sound eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh after reading this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...marksman-rifle/

quote:

Before continuing with the [new optic on the Type 88], let's look at what it is replacing.

While the design concept sounded good on the paper, however, there [were] a lot of issues on the actual production model. The state owned Chinese optic manufacturer just couldn’t maintain the quality control on large-scale production. There were reports of canted reticle, lens clarity issues and out of spec QD scope mount.

Then, there was also the logistic problem due to Pearl River Optronic going bankrupt in late 2006.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

Seeing animals in pain is fucking HILARIOUS. Can't crop that out, Buddy!

infrared35 posted:

For a second there I imagined your user name was Gwar.

ITALIO DESTRUCTO

Mister Sinewave posted:

Ughhh that kind of stuff is the plague.

I wonder how long until something like that happens to the Spruce Grove range in Edmonton. It was probably rural at some point but there is residential all around, now.

Apparently, people building/buying homes out by the Spokane Rifle Club tried to go to court over the noise at some point, and from what I heard they got shot down (as it were) pretty quickly.

My Imagination posted:

Q: And what is your address?

A: XXXXX Rifle Club Road.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at Mar 6, 2012 around 19:36

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

On the CGN thread he has pics of what they got in, it looks like the 3-9x40. Has some chevron reticule thingie.

It's a moot point because there is no way I could swing $3k for a rifle right now even if it does come with (decent or no) optics. I'm gonna be sad when the 6 they got sell out and then it is never imported again, though.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Happiness is a tight butt and flat tummy. I have neither but yours looks awesome BTW do you have any beer?

Ygolonac posted:

Apparently, people building/buying homes out by the Spokane Rifle Club tried to go to court over the noise at some point, and from what I heard they got shot down (as it were) pretty quickly.
That's fantastic.

The residents around have a legitimate concern with noise and we know we're not going to be there forever. In fact, we'd love them to fast-track the relocation process.

The rub here though is that our range had land donated to us by a rancher years ago. Back in the 80s, the City asked us to move to a different location so they could take over the land we were on to build a park, which we, as good citizens did and they built their park on our vacated land.

So, here we are now. We are on city land at their direct request on a location they specifically requested. They're the ones approving home development almost up to the coulee ridge. Not a hazard in terms of safety, but I'm sure they can hear the shots.

I think there might be some people in city hall using the safety card to get a range with some noise out of the neighborhood, even though we're there at their request, we were there first and it's only used during reasonable hours.

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

priznat posted:

I hope it works out ok with that range, that'd really suck if it gets shut down

I'm just waiting for the fracas to start up in earnest over the PoCo range in the lower mainland as subdivisions creep up the side of the mountain towards it. I'm sure it won't be long before residents are complaining about it. Or they could be complaining already, I dunno. I hope they get eaten by bears if they are

I doubt it. It will probably take 5-10 years before we start seeing developments within slight earshot of the range and I thought the area leading up to the range are all greenbelts?

Sorry to hear what happen the range, slidebite. There's no way to get an agency involved?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

quaint bucket posted:

I doubt it. It will probably take 5-10 years before we start seeing developments within slight earshot of the range and I thought the area leading up to the range are all greenbelts?

I'm sure it won't matter whether or not people can actually hear it or not, just if they ~think~ they can and start agitating.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Richmond, a much more citified location, has a shotgun range in the middle of the east surrounded on all sides by homes. Weekends, it's loud as heck for about a mile in most directions. No one has moved to do poo poo, yet.

Then again look at Burnaby

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

Ygolonac posted:

ITALIO DESTRUCTO

I was sort of thinking MOSSBERGUS MAXIMUS ERECTUS.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Flattery will get you everywhere, boys

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

Gtab posted:

Richmond, a much more citified location, has a shotgun range in the middle of the east surrounded on all sides by homes. Weekends, it's loud as heck for about a mile in most directions. No one has moved to do poo poo, yet.

Then again look at Burnaby

I remember hearing about a range in Burnaby. What happened?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Closed down by the city. Hence why I am bringing it up in this discussion.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That would have been cool if that one was still open

Barnet highway is such a cool drive.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

I've met the Tactical Imports guy in person. He is 100% solid dude and should get an SA account.

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

Gtab posted:

Closed down by the city. Hence why I am bringing it up in this discussion.

Easy there, little fella. Was it noise, safety, or city tomfoolery?

The only reason why I ask is because a RCMP member told me they shoot there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Flanker posted:

I've met the Tactical Imports guy in person. He is 100% solid dude and should get an SA account.

I dunno I might drive him insane pestering him for photos and discounts

(I wouldn't actually do this, just secretly fantasize about it)

«640 »