Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«644 »
Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

sedated posted:

Plastic card? The course I took just gave me two versions of the same 'you passed' form.

Same here. It was just a form that the instructor filled out by hand with the test scores. I called the Firearms Centre about those papers since they were five years old, and she was able to look me up in their database by name and confirm that I took and passed both tests.

So in short, call them and confirm you're in the database, then send in your form and write that you no longer have the papers from your course. It might add in a few more days on your processing, but it still beats waiting for some card that's not needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude

I'm gonna ask again; Does anyone have any idea where I can presently order a case (or less, I guess) of 7.62x54r or is it all dried up for now? I haven't really had any luck finding any. Canada Ammo is supposedly getting some soon, but who knows.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

In short, as the owner/operator of both a dick and a set of (admittedly male) nipples I'm not entirely sure that Suetonius is writing about impossibilities here.

charliebravo77 posted:

mikerock is not female Is mikerock female

Sadly enough, this IS considered female in Canada:

That beaver's not just crying because of Canadian gun laws.

He's a dude. Some goons manage to convince women to associate with - and possibly even touch - them. Shocking, I know, especially since I've never seen a picture of him where he wasn't wearing obsolete European cammo

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at Apr 4, 2008 around 18:49

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

In the bush of the Canadian north, whoever has the smallest beard IS a chick.

Believe it or not we're all sporting mightier neckbeards that mikerock, so whenever he and Flanker and I meet it's like a goddamn railroads being built and we're the 10 o' clock choo choo.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

Cyrano4747 posted:

Sadly enough, this IS considered female in Canada:

I'd hit it

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Chunderbucket: $550, and they're gorgeous. Ask Jack Ketch.

Millow: Nobody that I know still has it by the case. I found a guy selling it loose for .75c a round. That's as good as it gets so far.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Just got this in the mail from the CSSA:

quote:

The following resolution was passed by the Council of Galway, Cavendish and
Hargrave in central Ontario on January 22nd, 2008, and sent to all Ontario
municipalities on February 1, 2008:

PLEASE RESPOND TO: ngarnett@galwaycavendishharvey.ca ,
WITH YOUR COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may wish to send Stockwell Day some words of encouragement -
<mailto:Day.S@parl.gc.ca> Day.S@parl.gc.ca

Sincerely,
Tony Bernardo
Executive Director, CILA

To: All Ontario Municipalities

The Council of the Township of Galway-Cavendish & Harvey adopted the
following resolution at their Council meeting on January 22nd, 2008:

WHEREAS handguns have the sole purpose of killing people;

AND WHEREAS many lives are being lost by the use of handguns;

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Township of Galway-Cavendish & Harvey
petition the Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario to ban the
ownership of handguns;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this resolution be forwarded to Prime Minister
Steven Harper, Premier Dalton McGuinty, Barry Devolin, MP, Laurie Scott,
MPP, and to all Municipalities in the Province of Ontario for consideration
and endorsement.

Please present this resolution to your members of Council for their
consideration and endorsement.

Yours truly,

Natalie Garnett, MA, CMO
Clerk

ngarnett@galwaycavendishharvey.ca

So apparently I have been mis-using my handguns all this time by target shooting with them. I hope Stockwell Day lays the smack down on these idiots.

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

HPL posted:

Just got this in the mail from the CSSA:

So apparently I have been mis-using my handguns all this time by target shooting with them. I hope Stockwell Day lays the smack down on these idiots.

Emigration time

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Yeah, I got it too. What a pack of loving tools.

Nine Lives posted:

Emigration time

Hahahaha, if it was that easy, you'd be living in a box at the foot of Gtab's bed already.

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

DrakeriderCa posted:

Yeah, I got it too. What a pack of loving tools.

Hahahaha, if it was that easy, you'd be living in a box at the foot of Gtab's bed already.

Or he'd be building my house. One of the two.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Nine Lives posted:

Or he'd be building my house. One of the two.

I already know which one it would be.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I know what you want. I know what you need.

I am now looking for 8mm mauser.

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

DrakeriderCa posted:

I already know which one it would be.

Tell him to build the wood and get in line with my illegal immigrants, then. I'll be around shortly

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Nine Lives posted:

Tell him to build the wood and get in line with my illegal immigrants, then. I'll be around shortly

And apparently you don't.

Reported you for hirin illegals. Wait for the knock at the door.

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

DrakeriderCa posted:

And apparently you don't.

Reported you for hirin illegals. Wait for the knock at the door.

His frosty canadian rear end would die from the heat, he has a low boiling point.

you've clearly never been to texas, here they stand out next to the library and police station. hooray awesome border security

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Nine Lives posted:

you've clearly never been to texas, here they stand out next to the library and police station. hooray aesome border security

That is correct. I have not.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

mikerock posted:

I am now looking for 8mm mauser.

Make your own, you lazy bum.

Petit.Conan
Aug 8, 2002

I saw this in the EE this morning, and I almost died laughing, this has to be a joke right?

quote:

I have for sale, a hard to find Ruger pre"2008" 10/22
Overall condition is like new, has only fired 13000 rounds, all factory.
Has a "rare" sporter style stock made with 100% American hardwood, but does not have the awful checkering pattern that the deluxe versions come with.
Comes with the hard to find 1" weaver rail that is very sought after by many 10/22 owners
The rifle is also equipped with fibre optic sights, which according to many Ruger owners is highly sought after

Comes equipped with a 20" barrel, which drives bulk ammo from any "big box" store into an easy 1 inch group for 5 shots at 15 yards...(yeah, I Know, pretty unreal)
Has 1 factory mag round that is factory matched and numbered for this particular firearm...

I am asking $775.00 EMT only please or will trade for a Sako AV in Left Hand 260 Remington. Pics available to serious inquiries only.

ductonius
Apr 9, 2007
I heard there's a cream for that...

Petit.Conan posted:

I saw this in the EE this morning, and I almost died laughing, this has to be a joke right?

I'm pretty sure it's satire. Someone got drunk bored and decided to write a post featuring the worst EE had to offer.

Horribly common gun? Dubious features? Ignorant seller? Way overpriced? It's the Equipment Exchange on Canadian Gun Nuts!

Why people think their stock Norinco SKS is worth $225 plus shipping is beyond me.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Petit.Conan posted:

Probably the best post the EE has ever seen.

----------------

FATWOLF
Jan 24, 2006

Gtab posted:

ductonius posted:

Horribly common gun? Dubious features? Ignorant seller? Way overpriced? It's the Equipment Exchange on Canadian Gun Nuts!

Don't forget ridiculously specific and unusual trade offer and "photos on request" driving away potential buyers. Pretty much the perfect EE fakepost and I can just imagine some of the outraged private messages the guy is getting right now.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE

Gtab posted:

No, the guy who is trying to trade his H&K USP for a Walther or Sig is the bet post in the EE...

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008

could someone recommend me a good shop in or around london, On?

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

FullMetalJacket posted:

could someone recommend me a good shop in or around london, On?

There's CK gunroom and Gobles but I haven't used or been to either, been meaning to, may go next week, I'll let you know how it goes.

Heard both were decent from the instructor I had, if that counts.

Edit: Living in London, or outside London? Just wondering since I'm in Lambeth.

Jack Ketch fucked around with this message at Apr 6, 2008 around 01:25

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Petit.Conan posted:

Hahahaha, yes! That puts a smile on my face.

Almost as much as the "$2000 Vest" thread.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

DrakeriderCa posted:

Hahahaha, yes! That puts a smile on my face.

Almost as much as the "$2000 Vest" thread.

Stop bringing that up.

----------------

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Gtab posted:

Stop bringing that up.

No. It's hilarious. To me.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

DrakeriderCa posted:

No. It's hilarious. To me.

Oh sure, it's funny, but it also eats my goddamn soul.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Gtab posted:

Oh sure, it's funny, but it also eats my goddamn soul.

Fair enough.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Anyone ever ordered from D&L Airgun in Langley, BC?

http://www.dlairgun.com

I'm thinking of getting a cheap airgun for messing around with.

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008

Jack Ketch posted:

There's CK gunroom and Gobles but I haven't used or been to either, been meaning to, may go next week, I'll let you know how it goes.

Heard both were decent from the instructor I had, if that counts.

Edit: Living in London, or outside London? Just wondering since I'm in Lambeth.

in london. I remember two shops i've visited, one by the airport and the other on the east end of dundas by the beer store. Are those the ones you mention of? i also remember one that was on wharncliffe that closed a few years ago.

Cypress
Sep 23, 2005
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I ended up getting my little plastic card I was waiting for in the mail finally on friday, now the application is all filled out and ready to go tomorrow morning! (Stupid post offices are closed on Sundays)

Anyways, I'm guessing I have at least a month or two in order to choose my first gun, and I've been looking for a while now but I was wondering what suggestions people here would have? I've looked into several and the one I'm leaning towards right now is the Springfield 1911. This would be for target shooting. Any better suggestions?

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

FullMetalJacket posted:

in london. I remember two shops i've visited, one by the airport and the other on the east end of dundas by the beer store. Are those the ones you mention of? i also remember one that was on wharncliffe that closed a few years ago.

Yeah, that's them, shame the Wharncliffe shop closed, was supposed to have been a great place.

ductonius
Apr 9, 2007
I heard there's a cream for that...

Cypress posted:

Anyways, I'm guessing I have at least a month or two in order to choose my first gun, and I've been looking for a while now but I was wondering what suggestions people here would have? I've looked into several and the one I'm leaning towards right now is the Springfield 1911. This would be for target shooting. Any better suggestions?

For a new shooter something in .22lr is probably the best. Depending on how much money you have you may want to go with a chapo bolt action or a Ruger 10/22. Lever Arms has a special on 10/22s at the moment.

Buying a pistol first would mean the extra hassle of not being able to shoot while you're waiting for an ATT and/or club membership. If you're determined to get a pistol first there's a thread here on .22lr pistols that's far more informative than I could ever be.

In any case a Springfield 1911 wouldn't be a bad purchase, it's simply that you're less likely to pick up bad shooting habits if you start on something light.

Cypress
Sep 23, 2005
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

ductonius posted:

For a new shooter something in .22lr is probably the best. Depending on how much money you have you may want to go with a chapo bolt action or a Ruger 10/22. Lever Arms has a special on 10/22s at the moment.

Buying a pistol first would mean the extra hassle of not being able to shoot while you're waiting for an ATT and/or club membership. If you're determined to get a pistol first there's a thread here on .22lr pistols that's far more informative than I could ever be.

In any case a Springfield 1911 wouldn't be a bad purchase, it's simply that you're less likely to pick up bad shooting habits if you start on something light.

Thanks for that, as for the 10/22 I had already read about that, and was going to buy that first, however one of my friends that I did the courses with (non-goon), his dad already has two 22 .lr rifles that we can use whenever, so it seems pointless to go buy a third one when we have them available. Sorry about that, I should have mentioned it. We also have a Winchester SX3 shotgun and a few Mausers rifles available to practice with.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Cypress posted:

Thanks for that, as for the 10/22 I had already read about that, and was going to buy that first, however one of my friends that I did the courses with (non-goon), his dad already has two 22 .lr rifles that we can use whenever, so it seems pointless to go buy a third one when we have them available. Sorry about that, I should have mentioned it. We also have a Winchester SX3 shotgun and a few Mausers rifles available to practice with.

That's cool, but I think he was more referring to buying a .22 handgun before a .45 handgun. I personally have mixed feelings on this - I started on a fullbore handgun, and it didn't hurt me in my skill building. But I was also shooting fullbore rifles and shotguns before I hit puberty. So it could be different for you, or the same.

Either way, if you're an enthusiast it's impossible not to end up with a .22 handgun. They're so cheap and so fun. If you want to start off with a big bore handgun, just make sure you pick up some snap caps and do lots of dry-firing practise. That should at least help to prevent your developing a flinch.

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008

Jack Ketch posted:

I've heard that East Elgin Sportsmen's Association's range in Aylmer is pretty good, also heard that Crumlin is full of old guys with deer guns that have problems with black rifles, but who knows since most of this is second hand info.

We should try to get a London meet together at some point for a laugh.

aye, elgin is the one i have experience with. they have a rack of .22's there for 'public' use. really laid back atmosphere but a pain to get out there sometimes.

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008

Gtab posted:

Funny story it's called "a gun locker" or "a gun safe".

Let me know it that answer is somehow to you.

I don't mock you for not being from BC. I mock you for being from Ontario.

to borrow a phrase used by mountain bikers in this province, it's ONTERRIBLE.

Captain Novolin
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

What all is needed for a minor to go shooting? I don't turn 18 for another year and I would like to try to learn the basics and find out if it's something I would like to do later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE

Captain Novolin posted:

What all is needed for a minor to go shooting? I don't turn 18 for another year and I would like to try to learn the basics and find out if it's something I would like to do later on.

I think you need to be supervised by an adult with a PAL. There is somekind of junior PAL deal, I don't know anything about it. Tell us where you are and see if you can find someone nearby to take you shooting and then molest you. Uh, I mean...educate you. In a van. A van with curtains...

«644 »