Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sh1tF4ced
Oct 28, 2004

Funny, I don't remember any of this.
Does anyone know of a moderately priced rackmount server chasis with only 3.5 bays or only 5.25 bays? I was thinking something like this would be perfectly suited for a home nas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sh1tF4ced
Oct 28, 2004

Funny, I don't remember any of this.

CrazyLittle posted:

The closest thing to what you're thinking of would be a CoolerMaster Stacker. Any rackmount NAS case worth looking at is over $400. Also you would be insane to run one of them in your house because they're extremely loud.

Here's a search no Newegg for all cases with 8 or more hot-swap trays:
big loving link

Wow, the stacker is almost perfect to what I was looking for, but why the hell is it $240? Yeah, I didn't even think of how loud it would be. I just want to fit as many hard drives in it as I possibly can without spending a ton of money, I don't really care if they're hot-swap.