Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Couple of questions -

If I get the D-Link DNS-323, can I use it as an FTP server to serve up pictures, etc. that I would link to on my website?

Would I be able to use it to serve up files to myself (like media files to another computer? and possibly use it as the storage place for files I would serve to the HTPC I keep thinking about but never putting together)?

Using that same device, would I be able to put in various HDDs of different capacities? If I make two of them linked up for RAID do they have to be identical drives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005

teamdest posted:

helpful things
Thanks! I'm going to be picking one of these up pretty soon, I think.