Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«164 »
I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

I saw this at the bookshop and thought of you.

I've been dating quite a bit lately, getting back into the game after my divorce two years ago. Much of what I'm trying to do, in addition to getting laid now and again, is discover what I do and don't find attractive in a man outside the context of my ex-husband. While I won't bore you with a list of things that I do find attractive, I have had a few experiences that were immediate "deal killers" while out on dates.

One guy was a 9/11 truther and spent the entire time explaining to me all the conspiracies and why this was all important. I really thought he was cute so when he asked me out again I said yes, hoping that now that he'd gotten his rant out of his system we'd be able to have a normal adult conversation. Despite my constant attempts to steer the conversation in another direction he always managed to steer us back.

"Spitty mouth." Guys who constantly have traces of spit stretched across the edges of their mouth while they're talking. I don't know what causes it, but it's loving gross and makes me want to vomit.

Several guys have eaten like absolute pigs, holding the fork like a shovel, cramming food into their mouths, talking with their mouths full, and, in one case, eating syrup-covered pancakes with his hands.

So, what else automatically rules someone out for a romantic relationship regardless of how hot they otherwise are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wykyd Sceptre
May 8, 2005

by Fragmaster

"She" had a penis.

Screaming Hand
Jul 30, 2004

gently caress if I ever talked to someone and spit was stretching across their mouth like some kind of freaking alien. I guess I would be disgusted too.

morendral
Sep 11, 2001

Death before dismount

For me, smoking is an absolute deal killer. It is gross and the stench of them permeates everything making that person and all of their belongings and residence smell like an ashtray.

Classy McTrashy
Jun 21, 2006

If they have a disease that I can catch from having sex with them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Knee deep in the V.A.G.

The ditzy girl thing.

Every sentence if followed by oh my gosh or something.

Also, lack of intelligence....

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Smoking killed it for me and one girl. Another girl kept talking about wanting kids soon since "I love babies!" We were freshman in college. Bye bye. Also, general ditzyness has killed it before. If when you talk I don't think you're smart I can't date you.

A Pancake
Dec 23, 2007

it's so angry...

The woman I was out with decided to share an anecdote about how her ex-boyfriend gave her gonorrhea.

I know it happens, I know it's curable, but dammit don't tell me about your crotch rot on the first date!

BeastUK
Jul 18, 2006

by angerbot

Homophobia. Wanting children.

Dr. Freeman
Feb 28, 2008

I guess I have commitment issues, but after the second date with this girl, she told me that she didn't want me kissing any other girls. I thought that was kind of selfish and awkward. Made me feel like she was trying to trap me or something. It didn't go beyond a 3rd date.

NET WT 30 OZ
Apr 12, 2003

YES

Kid.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic

"ShotgunWillie, I really feel that I should be having babies at this point in my life."

"Really, ShotgunWillie, it's just time I had a baby."

I'm 23.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Really bad kissers who approach a kiss like they have to get your whole face in their mouth and then talking about what you want to do in the future (kid-wise) on the first date, in the first 30 minutes. Both were the same guy.
But yeah, a bad kisser is a deal breaker no matter what the other circumstances are. If you're in your mid 20's and still don't know how to kiss, something is terribly wrong. And I think he was a no-sex-before-marriage guy. Ick.

Oh, and one guy asked me to call him daddy once that was the end of that date.

KitCloudkicker
Nov 18, 2007
How about a little fire scarecrow?

Stupid people, bad teeth. I was messaging with this girl for a while a few years ago who sent me some pictures and she was absolutely smokin'. I should have realized what would happen. but I was 15 and desperately wanted to lose my v-card, and this chick was hot and willing. Well, in her pictures she was never smiling, and I didn't think anything of it. She came to my house and barely opened her mouth when she talked, I cracked a joke and she laughed, revealing the most horrid crooked baby teeth in the whole world. Long story short we went to the mall and she went to use the washroom and I just bailed.

Radish
Aug 13, 2003

not so ruff onichan

I Wish I Was posted:

I've been dating quite a bit lately, getting back into the game after my divorce two years ago. Much of what I'm trying to do, in addition to getting laid now and again, is discover what I do and don't find attractive in a man outside the context of my ex-husband. While I won't bore you with a list of things that I do find attractive, I have had a few experiences that were immediate "deal killers" while out on dates.

One guy was a 9/11 truther and spent the entire time explaining to me all the conspiracies and why this was all important. I really thought he was cute so when he asked me out again I said yes, hoping that now that he'd gotten his rant out of his system we'd be able to have a normal adult conversation. Despite my constant attempts to steer the conversation in another direction he always managed to steer us back.

"Spitty mouth." Guys who constantly have traces of spit stretched across the edges of their mouth while they're talking. I don't know what causes it, but it's loving gross and makes me want to vomit.

Several guys have eaten like absolute pigs, holding the fork like a shovel, cramming food into their mouths, talking with their mouths full, and, in one case, eating syrup-covered pancakes with his hands.

So, what else automatically rules someone out for a romantic relationship regardless of how hot they otherwise are?

You have some good deal breakers but just a heads up the last thread about these turned into something like this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=B_XjIZRSRP4

ThePiousFlea
Dec 21, 2004
Someone Else

The one that springs to mind as the one that annoyed me the most was after we had had few drinks and had just finished seeing a movie - a nice evening so far.

As we leave the movie her telephone rings. In the middle of our conversation she answers and spends 15 minutes talking to her friend about the movie we had just seen, me, and what she was going to do later.

Attempts to get her to kill the conversation were met with increasingly agigated resistance from her.

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

She liked women as much as I did. While that might be great if you're just wanting to have a threesome, it's not so great if you're actually looking for a relationship. I'm not interested in getting emotionally involved with someone who wants to bring an extra person into the bedroom.

Am I old or just a square?

BeastUK
Jul 18, 2006

by angerbot

^^^ She said she wanted to 'bring other people into the bedroom' or you assumed? I would have thought 'wanting to bring people into the bedroom' would be your objection, not attraction to the same sex

Abbeh posted:

Oh, and one guy asked me to call him daddy once that was the end of that date.

... oh yeah, and prudes

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Smoker.

Has kids.

Being a little "too into" reality TV shows.

Extremely religious. I don't mind if she's a church-goer, but if you can't have a conversation without mentioning God or Jesus, then we have a problem.

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green?

Not being able to read was one thing. She couldn't read the word "satellite".

Not finding Seinfeld funny. Its the basis for everything I find funny, you can't not find it funny. Or else.

Being rich and blaming all of societies problems on the poor. gently caress you, I grew up poor. Its like saying you hate your mom and someone else agreeing and calling her a bitch. Oh hell naw.

Loveline
Dec 30, 2005

Did not believe in evolution.

TK422
Dec 22, 2007

I hate being right

Girls that talk about their problems and everyday nuisances to people they just met (including their date of course)

oh, and also not finding Seinfeld or Friends funny.

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

BeastUK posted:

^^^ She said she wanted to 'bring other people into the bedroom' or you assumed? I would have thought 'wanting to bring people into the bedroom' would be your objection, not attraction to the same sex

Yes, she said she couldn't be happy with just a guy or just a girl, she would need both. That's where I had the problem.

Mr. G
Aug 23, 2007

by angerbotSD

"So last night I stayed up doing cocaine, and I NEVER do cocaine!"

Yeah.. direct quote. Gosh she was cute, but she was a druggie. I saw her leaving a bookstore a month or two ago and she was with the dumpiest stoner guy I have ever seen.

Invisible Minority
Jan 11, 2008

by Peatpot

Has vagina = good to go

72o
Dec 14, 2007

She was into anime.

The Gay Bean
Apr 19, 2004

Facial hair on a woman. I understand some women just have the genetics for it, but get that poo poo taken care of. Don't bleach it. We can still see it.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro

Bitch wouldn't take my name if we got married.

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008

Saying "I love you" on the first date. That is the mind killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. Also it's not cool.

Also, only talking about yourself on a first date. Totally lame.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001

A total unwillingness to initiate any sort of dialogue.

Conversations should have a natural flow if they're going to lead to any sort of meaningful relationship. Just because you're an attractive, self-absorbed girl doesn't mean I should be have to guess what random half-baked thought is currently fluttering around in your skull.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

OPEN YOUR MIND...

I once tried internet dating, the chick turned out to be 500lbs., and completely misrepresented herself. The first and last time I tried meeting people on the internet.

BeastUK
Jul 18, 2006

by angerbot

praxis posted:

Yes, she said she couldn't be happy with just a guy or just a girl, she would need both. That's where I had the problem.

Which I can totally understand. Again though, the relationship she was looking for was the problem, not her sexuality.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

BeastUK posted:

... oh yeah, and prudes

Yeah, well, whatever gets you off. Not my kind of first date.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass.

Fat.

Others -

- Had a kid.
- No self confidence.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!

I Wish I Was posted:

eating syrup-covered pancakes with his hands.

that's not too bad, roll it up, grab it, eat it...oh wait your talking date...well I would do this maybe at home not out on a date...

Absolutely the worst date killer: stupidity
girls you can't talk to about a variety of things are boring.
No need for a science expert, but a decent amount of knowledge in different directions is a must.

And I forgot to mention: "My ex this, my ex that..."
If I want to get to know your ex, I can date him dammit!

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

I think the worst was meeting a guy a friend put me on a blind date with and hearing him say "I don't read books...ever" and "Oh, I hate art" was a sign that she wasn't really my friend in the first place.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Before I got married, I went out with a few girls that I met on the personals section in craigslist. One girl seemed pretty cool, and we hit it off, so we decided to meet up for dinner. I get there and she shows up with her incredibly vapid trust-fund friend, and she proceeds to text someone throughout the entire meal. Also she was only 19 or 20, which I did not know beforehand. Any of the above would have been a dealbreaker, but all three together? Latah bitch.

ChuckMaster
Jul 13, 2006

Evil baby bunnies cannot be fed solid food until after the first week.

"These are my vampire fangs." Also, she looked at her feet the whole time.

Girl arrived at the date high. Seemed more interested in what kind of car I drove as opposed to me.

Not talking. About anything. At all. Thank god her younger brother insisted on coming along or I would have been bored out of my skull.

Coming with another guy. And sitting with him instead of me and my friends. Then being enthralled by his violent gang sayings. She wanted to be a cop, too.

Saying that I'm "trainable." Older women are creepy.

drat, it feels good not to be in the market anymore. gently caress that noise.

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

BeastUK posted:

Which I can totally understand. Again though, the relationship she was looking for was the problem, not her sexuality.

No, her sexuality wasn't the problem at all. I wasn't attacking her sexual preference, just that her attraction to both sexes kept her from choosing one or the other. I don't care that she's bisexual, but wanting both at the same time was a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastUK
Jul 18, 2006

by angerbot

^^^ Cool. Sorry, didn't intend a big derail, it's just that when you read the question followed by your first sentence it looks like the opposite.

Abbeh posted:

Yeah, well, whatever gets you off. Not my kind of first date.

Only kidding. I know a guy who asks girls to do this, and it is a bit creepy. But not as creepy as how many girls like it.

BeastUK fucked around with this message at Mar 21, 2008 around 14:30

«164 »