Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

GraphX-Man posted:

From Green Lantern #28...

I'm having trouble focusing my electron microscope enough to read that print, but I'm resting assured that it is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Having decided to look at the Lantern page at what is a decent hour for me, I rescind my earlier sarcasm!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Gavok posted:

This is the first ruin the moment I've made that legitimately made me kind of sad.

I do think Johns would have successfully exploded the internet if it was real.

This is the complete opposite of ruining. This is like.. De-Johnsing the Moment, which is really a change for the better.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Gavok posted:

We are running out of ways to call you totally loving awesome. Seriously.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Elijya posted:

I was trying to think of a classy put down that wouldn't make me sound like a dick,

Can I interest you in the following burn?

"I would have thought the way to screw up ruining something would be to make it really good, but I guess not!"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Syrg posted:

You guys are thinking of this all wrong. Only one thing could get Bullseye to make that face.

You beautiful, horrible little man.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Elijya posted:

It seems like the Punisher gets along just fine blending in with civilians. Hasn't he been one of America's most wanted criminals for ten years now or so? Escaped from prison multiple times, over a thousand kills, etc. I'd think his face would be well known to everyone in America, yet he never seems to have a problem being in public places.

I don't think Frank Castle frequents a lot of bars where concerned citizens and nosy types hang out.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

He should really be saying 'I'm doing it thirty five minutes from now'

I disagree; this has some sort of weird post-past tense phrasing to it which is, I think, half the joke.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

hermanos posted:

Yes, please, keep trying to make it look like I'm nerd raging spergin out over that. Heaven forbid I think something is stupid.

Take a joke, please.

Edit: That is a great sequence of events, Lurdiak. If it were just one image, I think it'd spoil it, since you'd immediately look to that the second you saw it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Who the hell was raped in Young Avengers?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

If the end result of this is that Superboy-Prime gets a job working for DC and writes himself back into the mainstream DC Universe, I will take back... like, 70-80% of the bad stuff I've said about DC.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Never has Ruin the Moment been more informative. Holy poo poo, spoiler one!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Wow, even the text of the original seems like something that belongs in this thread.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I was actually thinking it was a Dan Hibiki reference before I clicked on the Youtube link.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I always thought the Anti-Comic Equation was Dan DiDio writing, Greg Land on art duty, and a different, unique foil-embossed variant cover for every man, woman, and child on Earth drawn by Rob Liefeld.

I am pretty sure the thought of it alone justifies my hatred!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I am now standing back in amazement. Also, because there is a hurricane coming through.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Did somebody steal Spawn's other shoe?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

TheJoker138 posted:

She sure is joyously dancing in the middle of a battle, so yeah, seems like Land to me. Wonder which music video he traced it from.

To be fair, if a whole shitload of Nimrods I was fighting decided to up and suddenly die out of nowhere, I'd do a modest twist in celebration. Or whatever dance Greg Land had a picture of handy, anyway.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

TheJoker138 posted:

Other cop: What the gently caress do you call 125 murders in 5 years?

Dolph: Work in progress.

Alright, that's a pretty good Punisher line.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Gavok posted:

2) Nope. Though he isn't the same Batman we know. His name isn't Bruce. It's Thomas.

Is this as stupid as it sounds?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

That just enhances it. Franklin is a dick who just faked his own death, and is comforting his grieving dad about it.

"Let it all out, Dad. I miss me too."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Did Desolation Jones have a plot? I thought its main purpose was to obliterate my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Hey, maybe he's advising her to make sure she lands in traffic-- hence down the road-- instead of landing across the street and possibly surviving.

• Locked thread