Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Sockington posted:

Since I'll be interchanging my focus between my 1987 MR2 and my 1991 323,

I read this and actually thought "poo poo now he's got a Focus?!"

Hehehe. Looks like fun. Also looks like something finishable without too much pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Sockington posted:

"Get someone to assist with removing the door." Okie dokie.

You realize now that the chair is your official assistant, you have to name it, right? "Al" or something.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Why'd you recess them again? They're going to be more like spotlights that way. Was it just for over head clearance?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Hey congratulations on the mini-sock! Enjoy the help in the garage, I'm afraid my girl is succumbing to stereotypes and is slowing down on the car help. Best wishes for happiness, health, and beefy breaker-bar pulling forearms.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Sockington posted:

(sorry for the poo poo pictures, but the wife's pretty clear about what will happen if I get paint - especially por-15 - all over the camera)

I dare you to get it on your dick and report her reaction.

DARE YOU.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Congrats on the Sockette!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Not a bad idea at all. You certainly won't remove a significant amount of steel by hand even if you use really agressive stuff. I personally use emery cloth, that red fabric ribbon with like 150 or 220 grit. You can saw it back and forth and it cleans up a surface like that really nice, without removing a measurable amount of material.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Sockington posted:

Someone tried to photoshop a rusty sock before an it looked like a poop-sock. :v:

That was me, I was so dejected as it was immediately, universally reviled. Absolutely nobody thought it was a good idea. I have since learned to trust the collective.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

This is the least-in-denial-about-it forum that I've seen.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Viggen posted:

How many Volvo forums do you frequent, again?

Three plus the occasional fourth and fifth from external links. Most of them pretending to be perfectly straight. Swedespeed has a thing about dropping pics of Kate Beckinsale into any thread that goes too uncomfortable.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Have you guys talked about bond titles yet? Do they have those in Canada?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

My place is like that too, the perimeter is either underground or insulated so the crawlspace is technically heated. In my case it's actually heated because the furnace is down there.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I love the AGM battery I got for my wagon, I had starting problems last winter, got new battery, this winter -10(F) doesn't even make it flinch.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

For mine they gave me the valium intravenously, it hit me like a truck and I couldn't stop laughing. The doc was like "you might want to sit still for this" which made me laugh even more.

Do what they say, and stay on the couch. Don't try to get up and do things or your recovery will take 3x as long. My boss actually flew his plane the day after his, and he was in pain for weeks. I was back to 100% in 8 days after mine, because I couched it with ice for the weekend. Stay down.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Tusen Takk posted:

I will have forty kids and my balls will shrivel and die before I ever get fixed. gently caress that.

Wuss. I'd do it annually if I had to.

90% of modern birth control is dumped on women. When you take one for the team in such a permanent way they tend to get... really appreciative. Seriously, you're in for a treat there Sockman.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I'm becoming a cider fan too, I was in Minneapolis for a convention last fall and all the bars there had Crispin on tap, served in a chilled glass. I highly recommend it, it's incredibly light and smooth and I got completely ripped before I knew what was happening.

They talked about it like it was local but their website has a contact address in california. Hrm.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

A bit surprised you don't run zinc plated rotors up there. I don't live in rust country but the set on my wagon are almost 3 years and 30k miles old now and they still look really nice. Plus since it's plating it gets in to the vents and keeps it all corrosion free. I will always use them from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Sorry, wasn't trying to bust your nads or anything, I just figured they'd do something. But yeah no matter how you guys keep describing and showing us the corrosion, there's still a tendency for some of us to believe we can help somehow. heh.

• Locked thread