Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Wow, this is probably the most professional LP I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Pren posted:

Wait.

7 enemies per level?

Not 7 types of enemies per level, but a literal seven hostile (and brontosaurus) dinosaurs per level?

I don't think they even have to be hostile. I'm pretty sure those first two dinos counted towards the total even though they were just stomping around being useless.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Just want to chime in and say that the original enemy introduction sequence was cool, but way too distracting for the actual LP. The current style is perfect; don't change a thing.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Damnit, this LP is just too good for Vimeo. Don't let the Man keep you down!

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Wait... Am I crazy or did I count more than 7 raptors in that level?

1 at the beginning
2 with the Triceratops
1 near the Shotgun
2 near the mounted gun
2 near the brachiasaur
1 under the rails

and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. I thought you said the game could only handle 7 enemies in a level without crashing. :confused:

Also, "Okay! Got me a Benelli Shotgoddamnit!" :v:

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Research Indicates posted:

Ok, I asked around on the 7 enemies thing and apparently the devs had a workaround where a dead dino was reset and placed further ahead in the level. I guess that means I killed the same raptors 3 or 4 times.

That makes a lot of sense, really. Maybe that's why the spawn points are somewhat inconsistent?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Turns out the strains of DNA for cloning a mammoth were too degraded to be used, so that idea went out of the pan, and I think lack of funding is to blame for no Dodo clones :(.

Why don't we just fill the gaps with elephant DNA? :downs:

But seriously, if we were to clone a mammoth or dodo, what would we do with it? I think the reason it doesn't get funding is although we could learn a lot, there isn't really a practical application of that knowledge (that I can see. I could be wrong). Sadly, that's the way things work.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

From Earth posted:

I don't know about you, but I would pay good money for a Mammoth steak.

Now that you mention it, I wonder how a dodo tastes. Probably some delicious chicken-turkey hybrid. Okay, point retracted.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

GruntyThrst posted:

This is clearly some great reasoning.

Person A: We must clone the __________!
Person B: I had no idea you were so sensitive abut the environment and interested in the scientific advancement of knowledge of extinct species.
Person A: Naw I just wanna eat one.

:v:

Well, you can't deny people will pay big bucks for the novelty of eating an extinct animal.

Kinda sounds like a terrible JP sequel though. I can see it now. Jurassic Park IV: Where YOU are the main course!

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

IMDB posted:

A young fighter named Kham must go to Australia to retrieve his stolen elephant.

Holy poo poo. I need to see this movie.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
As goofy as that third person mode was, I'm gonna have to give Trespasser a pass on this one. Half-Life 2 is an amazing game, but if you activate third-person mode you'll see that Gordon Freeman is just a floating hitbox too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I can't believe the cattle prod kills you if you put it on your person. Did this game have a QA team at all? I mean, I can accept parts of the game remaining buggy or unfinished because of how rushed it was, but that's just lazy.

Actually, I find it amazing anyone thought physics would be a good idea after this game. Obviously it proved that trying to incorporate a good physics engine into a game is impossible and should never be attempted.