Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If you guys want to try out some vicious fuzz/dirt you should check out Fuzzrocious pedals. He makes well tweaked variations of some classic sounds and they're all quiet, sturdy boxes. The Grey Stache is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Please advise:

I put my Zvex Instant Lo Fi Junky up for sale on Craigslist because I haven't found a way to make its sounds work well with the rest of my chain and even on its own I don't use it that often. This guy e-mailed me asking if I wanted to trade and I told him that the only pedals that were on my must-get list now are a fuzz, a chorus and a reverb similar to that Hardwire Supernatural or the Eventide Space. He listed off all his pedals and only two jumped out at me as ones I might be interested in: Wattson EFY-6 and Maestro Brassmaster (he said it's a hand wired clone). I looked up both of those on YouTube and they both sound gnarly as gently caress but I don't know which would be better for me. The Brassmaster is a bass pedal first and foremost, right? But I read that some guitar players use it too. And I also read that that one is crazy valuable, though this is a clone of it and as such wouldn't be as valuable, but maybe its sound still would be.

Thoughts? I'll be using it with a Squier Jazzmaster, a Fender acoustic electric and a Roland synth. And I usually play ambient/post-rock type stuff, but if I had a fuzz, I don't know if I'd use that to make the same kind of stuff or something different entirely.

e: I do have a Squier Jaguar bass that I could use the Brassmaster with, too, but I don't use that bass all that much. Maybe I should get the pedal as an excuse to use that bass more haha

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 25, 2014

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Please advise:

I put my Zvex Instant Lo Fi Junky up for sale on Craigslist because I haven't found a way to make its sounds work well with the rest of my chain and even on its own I don't use it that often. This guy e-mailed me asking if I wanted to trade and I told him that the only pedals that were on my must-get list now are a fuzz, a chorus and a reverb similar to that Hardwire Supernatural or the Eventide Space. He listed off all his pedals and only two jumped out at me as ones I might be interested in: Wattson EFY-6 and Maestro Brassmaster (he said it's a hand wired clone). I looked up both of those on YouTube and they both sound gnarly as gently caress but I don't know which would be better for me. The Brassmaster is a bass pedal first and foremost, right? But I read that some guitar players use it too. And I also read that that one is crazy valuable, though this is a clone of it and as such wouldn't be as valuable, but maybe its sound still would be.

Thoughts? I'll be using it with a Squier Jazzmaster, a Fender acoustic electric and a Roland synth. And I usually play ambient/post-rock type stuff, but if I had a fuzz, I don't know if I'd use that to make the same kind of stuff or something different entirely.

e: I do have a Squier Jaguar bass that I could use the Brassmaster with, too, but I don't use that bass all that much. Maybe I should get the pedal as an excuse to use that bass more haha

I love the lofi junkie of course it's also cause I love drone poo poo, oh god it sounds so cool with heavy reverb

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Smash it Smash hit posted:

I love the lofi junkie of course it's also cause I love drone poo poo, oh god it sounds so cool with heavy reverb
See, I've tried it paired with reverb all sorts of ways and I just end up turning it off every time because I get discouraged because the sound doesn't end up the way I want it to :( I've tried recording stuff with it having tweaked it several different ways and it just never sounds all that right to me. It's a neat toy but something I feel I can use beyond that.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Please advise:

Uhh well, if you usually play ambient/post-rock get the Wattson EFY-6 because it will end up being a lot more versatile and easier to bend to your will. Sounds like you already know that the Brassmaster really would not fit your idea of what your sound pallet ought to be, so getting it would not do you a whole lot of good.

You should really get an idea of what sound you want before looking at pedals, then start looking for things that will transform that sound from your head into reality. Otherwise you get stuck in a loop of getting stuff and dropping it because it really does not work.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stravinsky posted:

Uhh well, if you usually play ambient/post-rock get the Wattson EFY-6 because it will end up being a lot more versatile and easier to bend to your will. Sounds like you already know that the Brassmaster really would not fit your idea of what your sound pallet ought to be, so getting it would not do you a whole lot of good.

You should really get an idea of what sound you want before looking at pedals, then start looking for things that will transform that sound from your head into reality. Otherwise you get stuck in a loop of getting stuff and dropping it because it really does not work.
Yeah, that does seem to be a problem I've been having for years :shepface:

I'm not in a band or even doling solo gigs or anything right now, so getting just the right tone from a series of pedals isn't as time-sensitive as it could be for me. I've just been playing around with different sounds for a while. But it would be pretty nice to achieve tone nirvana and stop having to constantly search for new solutions (temporarily, at least :haw: ).

Thanks. I'll see if I can trade with this guy and see how the Wattson fits into my chain.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
wave at far left. speed at 2 o'clock. depth max, lofi max, tone 12 or above (depending on brightness of guitar) and volume based how you like it. add in reverb and welcome to my setting for it.

creepy mode :colbert:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

philkop posted:

sweet, thanks bro. When funds are better I'll be looking into a cc, probably paired with a fuzz factory.

Anybody have any fuzz recomendations for a JC -120? I was gonna get the fuzz factory and just return it if I don't like it but I'm down for some suggestions. Looking for a really wild over the top fuzz with plenty of options to mess around with, I was hoping someone had some specific advice for the jc amp since it is notoriously fussy with any gain/drive

EHX graphic fuzz and/or a Foxx Tone clone. Combine it with a Dynacomp and you can do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RlZ4-ZbRog

Alleric posted:

So I don't know any other way to put this.

I'm a reverb junkie. Eventide Space makes me drool. The price... does not.

I have more than adequate digital plate, spring, room, hall available to me already. I want to get hold of some of the more crazy algorithms, but are there even options out there to compare to this chassis?

The Zoom CDR-70 has four of the SPACE algorithms: MangledVerb (MangledSp), BlackHole (SpaceHole), DualVerb (DualRev), and Tremelo Verb (TremRv) all of which sound very excellent. Zoom pedals tend to do crazy, off-the-wall very well and it's only $110.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
Are modeling/multi-fx pedals any good? What do I need to know about them? Been looking at a Pod HD300 or a GT-6/10 recently, but I don't have much experience with this stuff. Right now I'm playing a '62 RI Jag through a 40w hot rod deluxe, and my only surviving pedals are a proco rat and a big muff pi. It sounds good but there's not a lot of variety in the tone department. Moreover I like the idea of making my guitar sound like goofy synthy poo poo without dumping money on a dozen different fx pedals. Mostly it would be for playing and recording at home, but I also plan to return to playing live in the near future.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I finally traded pedals with that guy on Craigslist last night and got the Wattson EFY-6 Fuzz out of it. I haven't played around with it too much, but from what I've heard so far, it sounds filthy as gently caress and I like it.

Here's a quick demo of it used with my synth. I even used it on the bass and everything!

Alleric
Dec 10, 2002

Rambly Bastard...

Declan MacManus posted:

EHX graphic fuzz and/or a Foxx Tone clone. Combine it with a Dynacomp and you can do this:

The Zoom CDR-70 has four of the SPACE algorithms: MangledVerb (MangledSp), BlackHole (SpaceHole), DualVerb (DualRev), and Tremelo Verb (TremRv) all of which sound very excellent. Zoom pedals tend to do crazy, off-the-wall very well and it's only $110.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be checking those out then. :)

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets

Declan MacManus posted:

Sweet, pretty sure I saw my amp in the back somewhere too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Alright so I've had that Wattson EFY-6 fuzz for a little over a week and been testing it out a good bit. I like its fuzz tones, but man, it is crazy noisy when I have it on and I'm not playing :(

I don't think I like it enough to buy something like the Electro-Harmonix Hum Debugger just to get rid of its noise, so I put it up on Craigslist and I'm hoping to get a different fuzz.

I think I have it narrowed down to 2: the Swollen Pickle and the Blue Box. The Swollen Pickle seems much more versatile, but the Blue Box, while harder to control, seems like it can produce really gnarly effects that I wouldn't get with the Swollen Pickle.

Which would y'all recommend?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Which would y'all recommend?
This isn't intended to be in any way a snarky, smartass comment, but if you like the way it sounds learn to slam your volume knob off between songs.

I'll admit to being a little mystified in general when people worry about noise when they're not playing and invest in noise gates and all that. Learn to work your controls, spend no money, enjoy. ;)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

iostream.h posted:

This isn't intended to be in any way a snarky, smartass comment, but if you like the way it sounds learn to slam your volume knob off between songs.

I'll admit to being a little mystified in general when people worry about noise when they're not playing and invest in noise gates and all that. Learn to work your controls, spend no money, enjoy. ;)
Yeah, you're probably right :shobon: Although in addition to the hum, I'm also interested in exploring different fuzz tones. I ended up selling my EHX Glove today because since getting the fuzz, I didn't feel like I had any use for the Glove anymore. I guess I learned through trying a bunch of different pedals that I have more use for a fuzz than I do an OD/distortion. But when I got the Wattson through a trade, I wasn't expecting that to happen. So now I'm wanting a fuzz that really makes me happy on all fronts since it's going to be the only OD/distortion/fuzz I own, basically.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

If you want a fuzz that does it all, I'd recommend the Fuzz Factory. There are enough of them out there that you can score a used one for a reasonable price.

Fuzzes are always going to be loud, though. They are buzzy fury cased in metal

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Declan MacManus posted:

If you want a fuzz that does it all, I'd recommend the Fuzz Factory. There are enough of them out there that you can score a used one for a reasonable price.

Yeah the Fuzz Factory is real nice too. I just thought it was out of my price range at the moment. But then I went and looked on eBay and you're right, some can be had for cheap(ish).

I also got a new synth a few days ago and want to make some dirty sounds like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eeAjKYyPL0

Would that be doable with any fuzz or just the Blue Box because it can go down 2 octaves?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Yeah, you're probably right :shobon: Although in addition to the hum, I'm also interested in exploring different fuzz tones.
Well now, THAT is a different story entirely!
Fuzz is a hell of a lot of fun, it can be kind of annoying at first because it's noisy as gently caress and can be really dissonant and abrasive when you don't necessarily want it to be but, once you kind of figure it out and get everything dialed in and (you'll notice a trend here) start riding your volume and tone knobs it REALLY opens up a lot of sonic options.

I ended up selling my EHX Glove today because since getting the fuzz, I didn't feel like I had any use for the Glove anymore. I guess I learned through trying a bunch of different pedals that I have more use for a fuzz than I do an OD/distortion. But when I got the Wattson through a trade, I wasn't expecting that to happen. So now I'm wanting a fuzz that really makes me happy on all fronts since it's going to be the only OD/distortion/fuzz I own, basically.
Eh, it obviously depends on what you're doing, but I can't imagine having a single boost/fuzz/OD pedal on the board, there're just too many weird options available to say 'yup this is it' and once you start stacking them on top of one another it gets even better and crazier.

Declan MacManus posted:

Although yes, if I were going to have a single fuzz that would definitely be it, and he's absolutely right, 'buzzy fury cased in metal'.

I'm pleased with myself, I've finally made myself sit down and put my poo poo on the board together properly. It's not all there yet, I haven't figured out exactly where to put the last few pedals in the chain and there's something new on the way (I have no idea what it is or what it does, it's a fun story) that I don't know where is going to fit, but so far, yeah, I'm stoked.

(The white shrink-wrap on the power cables on the upper right are from the homemade voltage doubler cable for my MXR 10 Band EQ. It's just two ports off the PedalPower+ wired in series.)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

iostream.h posted:

Eh, it obviously depends on what you're doing, but I can't imagine having a single boost/fuzz/OD pedal on the board, there're just too many weird options available to say 'yup this is it' and once you start stacking them on top of one another it gets even better and crazier.

Although yes, if I were going to have a single fuzz that would definitely be it, and he's absolutely right, 'buzzy fury cased in metal'.

Well only one for right now at least, and I want to get one that really counts before I start stacking them and getting even weirder combinations. But from what I've heard so far, I'm gonna want to be stacking fuzzes rather than ODs/distortions :v:

And I love your labeling :lol:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hey fellow MF Trem bros, does yours make an audible pop when you stomp it off? That's the only thing I don't like about mine but I'm going to live with it because, well, I don't need to explain.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Going to have a bit of time over the summer so, I figure I might as well learn how to build pedals.

What would be a good site to order/info on doing so? I know byoc is pretty good but really it seems all their pedals, I can just buy for almost the same price.

is there another site that is cheaper or more accessible than spending 100 bucks on a project when I could just buy just as good pedal already made?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
For components and enclosures just look up the parts on Mouser or Digikey.

Beavis Audio's a good starting place for learning.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
There's a Line 6 Compressor Constrictor on sale at the local music store, used, for $40. I've hosed around with it with a store guitar and plan on taking my guitar down there, but does anyone have any feedback on it?

Oh, and is $40 a decent deal on a Dunlop Crybaby wah? I need a wah.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hey fellow MF Trem bros, does yours make an audible pop when you stomp it off? That's the only thing I don't like about mine but I'm going to live with it because, well, I don't need to explain.

No, it doesn't, though from what I can tell these are in no way attempting to be true bypass pedals (2pdt + LED, sans relay = not true bypass, generally speaking!); have you tried moving it around in your signal chain? Usually it's the device that comes before a pedal that causes the pop. Pop is the result of a buildup of potential energy that gets released suddenly when the switch actuates. Where is your pedal in your chain? Do you happen to have a buffer handy?

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

Going to have a bit of time over the summer so, I figure I might as well learn how to build pedals.

What would be a good site to order/info on doing so? I know byoc is pretty good but really it seems all their pedals, I can just buy for almost the same price.

is there another site that is cheaper or more accessible than spending 100 bucks on a project when I could just buy just as good pedal already made?

BYOC is great for your first build if you have never soldered before. Their PCB's are very well marked.

Then after that, I suggest moving over to vero board, which is conductive in horizontal rows. This site has literally hundreds of layouts for cloning circuits:

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/

I spent like $80 for my first BOC kit. Then, I made the exact same pedal off of a tagboard layout for about $18 in parts, including the enclosure.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Agreed posted:

No, it doesn't, though from what I can tell these are in no way attempting to be true bypass pedals (2pdt + LED, sans relay = not true bypass, generally speaking!); have you tried moving it around in your signal chain? Usually it's the device that comes before a pedal that causes the pop. Pop is the result of a buildup of potential energy that gets released suddenly when the switch actuates. Where is your pedal in your chain? Do you happen to have a buffer handy?

It's first in my effects loop in front of a mxr cc, then tc hall of fame, then tc ditto. I've moved it around and there's always a somewhat loud pop when disengaging. No buffer.

That's a shame they're not true bypass enough though it's advertised as such. They don't diminish the PURE TONEZ at all unlike every other non tb pedal I've used. Haven't tried it in front yet but I doubt I will.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 12, 2014

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

Agreed posted:

Mine does not and it's in a huge chain (incidentally, all of my MF's are pre-preamp and they still sound loving incredible, and there's a VERY interesting reason the Trem in particular is effective pre-preamp instead of in the F/X chain).

If I recall, there's a capacitance(?)-based reason that true-bypass pedals in particular can make a pop when switching on and off. I'm packing up from practice and going over some stuff with the band but I'll pull it up later unless someone else does.

Post your signal chain if you don't mind, I BELIEVE it has something to do with the input/output impedance of the pedals fore and aft of a true-bypass pedal, but again, not able to really search for it atm.

Edit: Hell, Agreed covered it, I only noticed the 'not true bypass' part of his post I quoted.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

It's possible that it's a Millennium style and I'm just missing it, but 2PDT without a relay and with an LED that comes on and off with the actuation of the switch is not, generally speaking, true bypass. Still, I don't think Moog would lie about that. I'll ask a contact there tomorrow about it as it's been a curiosity I've had about them since getting them in, and let you know what they have to say.

Again, it is possible to do a fully input-to-output bypass with a 2pdt switch, but it's a bit complicated, and there's a reason nearly everybody uses 3PDT switches for it (which also allow for a really simple fix to any popping, even if it's not the pedal's fault, by the way). I'll talk to Trent and see what's up there. As clever as these circuits are, it's probably just something I'm missing in trying to suss out the bypass methodology with my eyes.

Edit: Popping is pretty much solely caused by something adjacent to a pedal building up a potential difference (voltage) and that releasing when the switch is actuated. It's almost never the pedal itself that's doing it. This is especially true with buffered bypass pedals and 3PDTs with sufficient pulldown, can be less true with pedals that are running less sophisticated bypass setups, but it's still usually "the thing next to it"'s fault, as counter-intuitive as that may sound. The impedance relationship is more about whether you'll accidentally have an unwanted filter created due to an impedance mismatch between pedals. Ideally, pedals should have very high input impedance and very low output impedance, if they want to coexist peacefully on a board.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 12, 2014

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Oh, and is $40 a decent deal on a Dunlop Crybaby wah? I need a wah.
That's decent, I've seen them at GC pretty often for like $36 new for the basic Crybaby.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

"Are they tbp update" - I don't need to talk to Trent about it, I took a closer look and ... as I probably should have expected, they're getting clever with it. In a way that improves durability, too. It's true bypass, it's just unconventional. Well, it's loving Moog, haha, so ... yeah, I take that earlier statement back, just needed to look closer at what's going on. Two damned PCBs in these things, and the actual mechanical switch they're using is really durable, too, much more so than any 3PDT currently on the market.

God drat they make some cool pedals. It should not be popping because of itself. Examine your power, see if it pops if you just go guitar --> MF Trem --> Amp.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
My EP booster seems to pop whenever it's connected to 18v but doesn't seem to when it's running off 9v. Does this make sense? And will I hurt him if I power it with 12v?

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Agreed posted:

"Are they tbp update" - I don't need to talk to Trent about it, I took a closer look and ... as I probably should have expected, they're getting clever with it. In a way that improves durability, too. It's true bypass, it's just unconventional. Well, it's loving Moog, haha, so ... yeah, I take that earlier statement back, just needed to look closer at what's going on. Two damned PCBs in these things, and the actual mechanical switch they're using is really durable, too, much more so than any 3PDT currently on the market.

God drat they make some cool pedals. It should not be popping because of itself. Examine your power, see if it pops if you just go guitar --> MF Trem --> Amp.

I'm curious about the details here. What's on the other pcb? A relay?

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Do it! Building pedals is fun.

Most of the components you can get from Mouser for the cheapest if you know what you're looking for. Other good sites for info (don't necessarily have to buy from them but shows you what you need):
http://buildyourownclone.com/
https://www.smallbearelec.com/home.html
http://www.diystompboxes.com/wpress/

A few general tools to get you started:
- A decent soldering station if you're going to keep with it (honestly it makes things a lot nicer than a cheap one from radioshack). Hakko is good stuff.
- Solder, desoldering braid and/or a desoldering pump
- Wire strippers and cutters
- A helping hand to hold stuff

If you get really into it and want to have more stuff on hand, a few companies make nice collections of resistors, caps, diodes, transistors, etc so you can always be fully stocked.

and so on. Warning that it is addictive as hell, and the only reason I've been taking time away from it is a new project.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

What do you think of the starter kits that BYOC offers?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

havelock posted:

I'm curious about the details here. What's on the other pcb? A relay?

I'm put in a position where I've got the answer but to print it would be breaking confidence and I don't do that, ever. In my situation I reckon most would do the same (seriously, the Moog guys are super cool and I don't want to get shitcanned because I upset some of the nicest people in the business to satisfy curiosity when anyone who is reeeeally interested can reverse it themselves, you know?)

Please trust me that it is, however, fully true bypass, and that as such the 2PDT switch conveys a reliability advantage - less to fail, and the angle of contact is very cleverly done too. Just very well thought out designs, both of the ones I have in my possession. Keep coming back to the word "cool." Hah. True, though, these things are really, really cool.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Yeah the Fuzz Factory is real nice too. I just thought it was out of my price range at the moment. But then I went and looked on eBay and you're right, some can be had for cheap(ish).

I also got a new synth a few days ago and want to make some dirty sounds like this:

Would that be doable with any fuzz or just the Blue Box because it can go down 2 octaves?

Anything in that video where the right knob isn't cranked all the way up is fairly specific to the Blue Box. The low end random pitch changing happens more often the lower that knob is. It's got a bit of a unique sound, and if you like what's going on there, just get one. Shouldn't be hard to find a used one.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."
Holy crap, that minifooger drive sounds really cool. I wish I could find a demo that focused more on brighter settings, but I've heard enough to know they're possible. Agreed's endorsement of the design and build quality is also encouraging. They'e not too spendy either; it might make more sense to replace my decrepit Tubeworks overdrive with one of these rather than pay someone to restore it.

The MF tremolo is super cool too but unfortunately doesn't do a square wave shape. What's with that?

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Agreed posted:

I'm put in a position where I've got the answer but to print it would be breaking confidence and I don't do that, ever. In my situation I reckon most would do the same (seriously, the Moog guys are super cool and I don't want to get shitcanned because I upset some of the nicest people in the business to satisfy curiosity when anyone who is reeeeally interested can reverse it themselves, you know?)

Please trust me that it is, however, fully true bypass, and that as such the 2PDT switch conveys a reliability advantage - less to fail, and the angle of contact is very cleverly done too. Just very well thought out designs, both of the ones I have in my possession. Keep coming back to the word "cool." Hah. True, though, these things are really, really cool.

Fair enough. I thought you just looked at the pcbs of the one you bought, rather than having any sort of inside info.

On the building yourself front, I've found doing it to save money is the wrong approach. Build because you want something different or you like soldering or you want a hobby. Once you start talking about enclosure painting and drilling and graphics and good components, etc., it's hardly a break even proposition, especially if you value your time at more than $0/hr.

One place that hasn't been mentioned is madbeanpedals.com. They have great, cheap PCBs for pretty common circuits with some nice mods built into them. I built a ge fuzz face in a 1590a and a muff that I modded with switchable diodes (LED, diode, off for each stage) off his PCBs.

I use either mammoth or small bear for the rest. Mammoth does nice drilled enclosures, though some report some finishing problems.

Dishman
Jul 2, 2007
Slimy Bastard

The jumpy dirtiness is what the blue box is known for, pretty lively.

If you're in the conus I'll sell you my barely used blue box (with box/manual I think) for around 40 depending on how much it weighs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dishman posted:

The jumpy dirtiness is what the blue box is known for, pretty lively.

If you're in the conus I'll sell you my barely used blue box (with box/manual I think) for around 40 depending on how much it weighs.
Awesome :) I actually don't have any extra money for it right at the moment, but if I'm able to sell my current fuzz on Craigslist, I'll definitely hit you up about that. I'm in Louisiana so that'll work.