Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no dad im not gay!
Jan 30, 2007

Remulak posted:

My Janglebox compressor adds a little staticky noise, so I added a behringer noise reduction pedal. I can't figure out if it belongs right after my only noisy pedal or at the end of my effects loop.

Compressors should be at the very front of your pedal chain, even before the tuner. If you haven't tried that, give it a shot.

Put the noise reduction pedal at the end of your chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no dad im not gay!
Jan 30, 2007

Sven posted:

Yeah I'm fairly certain its not caused by other pedals in the chain as I've just plugged it in guitar>ts>amp before and it did the same thing, although I recently got a voodoo labs power brick so I'll plug it in again and see if its still borked. I also have not tried it with a battery so I'll try that too and see what happens, might get lucky. Don't have an audio probe and using one is probably a little bit beyond me.

I'll futz around with it tonight a bit and see what's up, its not an integral part of my ~tone~ but I'd rather it not just be a paper weight on my desk anymore. Thanks for the ideas.

your footswitch is likely the issue.