Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker
Quick question. What's the best order for these effects:

EQ, Wah, OD, Distortion/Fuzz. I only have the OD and Dist. so far but I'm buying the other two soon and I'd like to know the best configuration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker

3toes posted:

and the Germanium OD is pretty cool if you're into that garage sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glCCXE1Vilo

I want that.

By the way I was asking what order (which goes first, 2nd, etc) in the effects chain each effect should be. But thanks for the links gonna go spend more money I don't have now woohoo.

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker
Another quick question. I'm thinking of getting an EH Holy Grail (reverb whore). There's a very specific sound that I want to achieve, that I've only heard in surf rock songs. It's this weird little reverby sound, I don't quite know how to describe it, sort of "twee twee" noise. Couldn't find a youtube of it, but its in the intro to Pipeline by The Lively Ones (not in the other versions). I remember turning the reverb to 10 on a fender amp in a store one day and I made that noise on accident and I love it. So my question is, will the Holy Grail be able to make that noise?

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker

DodGrile posted:

I love watching the EHX videos because they just solidify my impression of the kind of people who'd come out with some of those pedals:

"Hey guys, I've got this idea for a new pedal. You'll like.. push it, and then it'll be all like weeee and wooo and cool n' stuff"

Keeping a little more on topic, there's two of us playing guitar in the band I'm currently in, and both myself and the other guitarists take solos depending on the song. Most of the time, our volume levels are pretty much even, but it'd be nice to give whoevers playing the solo a boost so it cuts through a little more. Is this just a case of getting a decent EQ pedal?

What about a simple boost pedal? Or you could have a separate OD pedal for when you solo that has the drive or level cranked a little higher so it stands out, also that way you'll get a slightly different tone for the solo.

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker
The only pedal I have right now is a Wasabi OD and I love it.