Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
So apparently Korg is now embracing re-releasing things from it's catalog, this time with the SDD-3000.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/effects/sdd3000_pedal/

It's a pedal instead of a rack unit this time but it's an exact copy of the rack unit's function and sound including the preamp.

The bad news is that it's $400 and at that price it's competing with things like the timefactor and timeline which I think are vastly superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Since it seems like you're looking for a boost with a slight drive to it I have the Saturn V from these guys and it might be up your alley. They're a bit pricy, but I think they're worth it since they sound amazing and are actually really well but together if you can locate one for retail because gently caress paying scalpers on reverb.

They just did a limited reissue of the Saturn V (boost) and the Aphelion (OD)

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Smash it Smash hit posted:

My GF just did the whole, "what do you want for your birthday thing." Coupling this with the fact I hate telling people what exactly to get me, I linked her to earthquakerdevices website and said, pick one.

She has no idea what any of them do and told her to watch videos. She literally no experience with pedals besides watching me dick around with mine. Chances are, I know she is probably going to pick which one is the prettiest.

My roommate already has a rainbow machine so, I said thats off limits. I am guessing I am going to end up with the Hummingbird. Big props to her if she grabs a fuzz, Tone Warden is definitely the underdog.

Any takers/guesses? It's kinda fun/exciting because I know whatever she gets I am going to dig but, there is still the mystery!

If she gets you the Disaster Transport Sr., Hoof Reaper, Palisades, or Afterneath you should probably put a ring on that poo poo,

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Gorgar posted:

More knobs, switches and jacks = better.

I was going to say this is basically the case... because it is.

But really, the ones I listed are probably their best/most unique/coolest offerings, which just happen to be why they're the most expensive.

You're probably looking at something like the Hummingbird or Monarch, a Pitch Bay or Sea Machine if she's madly in love with you, Dispatch Master if you never loving call her, and Depths or Warden if she's into kinky poo poo.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 17, 2015

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Gorgar posted:

Too bad you didn't send her to 4ms.

Or Metasonix :v:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I'm using an SKB Stage 5 and while I'm only using it for 1 amp it's great since it comes with a solid fully isolated power supply.

Slight disclaimer though, the owners of SKB are great friends of the family so I was able to get it way below cost so if it wasn't for that I would have probably just built one myself or used a pedal train.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Google a place called loop masters or something similar. Phone posting or I would link them directly but they have exactly what you're looking for, or can custom build you one for dirt cheep.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Weird BIAS posted:

The Pitchfork's latency can be reduced if you put a headphone jack plug into the exp pedal input.

Does it have to be a headphone jack plug or will hooking up an expression pedal work just as well?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Kilometers Davis posted:

Prymaxe Vintage sale going until 9/28

$20 off $99 w/ code: FALL99
$40 off $199 w/ code: FALL199
20% off $299+ w/ code: FALL299

<3

Nice, just picked up an Accountant.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Anyone know of any good SD-1 options?

The only two that I've found have been the SD-1W which I think is wildly overpriced for what it is and the MXR M77.

Mostly looking for one that has a much better noise floor, but extra options on things like voicing are a plus.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
The MXR 77 is basically a modified SD-1, and for only $100 new it sounds fantastic so maybe check that out as well.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Kilometers Davis posted:

Digitech is cutting most of their "old" style pedals and going with their new boutique branded ones so I bet it will return with a new look/name. If not though, yeah, those are going to start going up in value for sure.

Yeah, I was able to score a timebender right after they were discontinued a year or two ago and that thing loving rules since it's basically a DD20 with a whammy on the repeats if you plug in an expression pedal.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Shugojin posted:

I tried to look at compressors at Guitar Center today. Their stock is really low because of Christmas, post-Christmas returns, and gift cards, so they only had a Dyna Comp outside of the display case. The display case they could not open because a guy took the key home and called off today. :negative:

I love The Accountant, but you'll be best served by waiting for a sale on Prymaxe or PGS or something and pick it up for less than the $150 asking since that's a bit too much IMO. A lot of people like the Xotic, and TC just came out with one that looks really interesting if I was still in the market for one.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Southern Heel posted:

I've got a BOSS ME-80 and the modulation effects on it are strictly functional: the 'out there' stuff is pretty rubbish. I've spent multiple years chasing the straight distorted metal tone and these thoughts of getting a distortion pedal to put infront of the clean channel on my amp is making me wonder if I should invest more time in the cleaner end of things

I've found that a good boost or light OD in front of the dirt channel is a fun way to get more interesting distortion sounds, but yeah you can't really go wrong with going distortion into the clean channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

I picked up the crybaby mini a while ago and highly recommend it.