Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

Wengy posted:

I'd like to get a looper pedal for guitar practice, what would be a good one?

Edit: also, something like the Digitech Trio seems pretty ace for practicing, but it's quite expensive and not a looper, right?

I have the Ditto Looper X2, and it is simply fantastic. Highly recommended if you don't need all the bells and whistles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010
Morley mini, though it needs some minor internal nodding for proper performance.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

Handen posted:

Has anyone tried the Digitech Drop who can comment on its tracking latency? I'm interested in the concept, but if it's anything like the EHX Pitch Fork I have that has too much tracking latency to be useful to me as a parallel effect then I'll have to find something else.

I purchased the Drop for a reason you touched on: all of it's competitors have noticeable latency. I use it often with Rocksmith, where any latency at all can ruin the game. If the Drop has any, I'm not hearing it, and the game isn't having issues either. Only downside is the price tag.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010
Looking for suggestions/advice for a OD/Distortion double pedal to replace my Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde. I like it, but the new board I'm working on can't fit anything more than 5" x 5". Right now, I'm eyeing the ZVEX Box of Rock or an MXR MC402. Anything you folks would recommend?

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

massive spider posted:

The jeckyl and hyde v3 is only 5 x 6 if you can stretch to that. Most other double pedals are bigger.

The alternative would be to buy two mooer sized pedals.

I checked out the v3, it won't fit once it's all plugged in. Looks like minis are probably the way to go.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

I picked up the crybaby mini a while ago and highly recommend it.
Ditto on the Crybaby Mini, it's rad.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

Death Panel Czar posted:

Anybody here ever try daisy chaining TC's digital pedals with analog pedals? I know there are horror stories about digital and analog chains being noisy depending on the type of digital pedal being chained, but most of what I see mentioned is EHX or Strymon pedals.

I've tried it, and it resulted in a constant low level whine. Switching any pedal in the chain sent a loud pop through the signal, even when the last item was a tuner muting the whole board. The hum was negligible when anyone played anything, but the second it was quiet, that high pitched hum would drone on until I switched off the amp/PA.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

The Demilich posted:

Anyone have any expression pedal recommendations?
I'm not hard on gear typically but I'd like some build quality considering the weight I put in things with my size 13.

Dunlop DVP3 is solid, the DVP4 is too, but smaller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010
massive spider is dead on

If you're thinking of full Helix or LT, you don't need the Drop unless you're using crazy-high DSP on every patch.

If you're using the Stomp, you could go without it, but the poly capo on its own cuts off numerous amp and effect blocks. The Drop is the only pedal I haven't been able to permanently remove from my Stomp board for this reason.