Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Hey guys. I'm looking for a distortion of some kind. I love the Big Muff but I just want a cheap distortion that doesn't sound completely terrible. I currently have a Vox Pathfinder 10 and I'm not recording anything more than demos and I'm certainly not gigging. It's just a pain to record in chunks because the gain and clean channel is a button on the amp. So I really just want a footswitchable distortion channel. I was originally going to buy a new amp but I figure if I don't care a huge amount about getting "my tone" and just want to record something in one take, a good distortion pedal should do it.

I'm currently looking at a Jet City Shockwave, which is cheap and I like Jet City amps' gain channel. I know it won't be exactly like one but YouTube demos sound good. Should I just go for a Boss DS-1 or something? Both the DS-1 and Shockwave are around AU$70 here. Give or take a bit. Are there any other good options? It's the first and, so, only pedal in my chain. I'd love to get all the effects I use virtually (Phaser, Chorus, Tremolo, Delay) but baby steps. For reference, I usually like sticking my guitar straight into an amp's overdrive channel for this kind of thing. In AmpliTube I usually use a Mesa Dual Rectifier model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Stravinsky posted:

Ds-1 will always be my answer. Buy five and chain them together for unlimited tone.

Also if you like the big muff I can't imagine it wouldn't be hard to find one for around $70. If not new then used because those things are everywhere.

Big Muffs run about $90-130 over here it seems, even used. But I'll keep an eye out.

Agreed posted:

Agreed post.

Haha, I was hoping I'd get an Agreed post! I went looking around for a Barber Dirty Bomb or DirectDrive. Found one. For AU$195. Used :/ I'm really starting to get annoyed by the lack of music stuff in this place. I will keep an eye out though. Would you per chance have some clips of the Dirty Bomb or DirectDrive? I know what a DS-1 sounds like, but I think you posted some clips of the Barber's in the Newest Purchase thread way back. I know this because I am a dork who has re-read that thread four times entirely now.

I'm not really focused on a Mesa-in-a-Box, because while I like the sound and it's my default go-to when recording through AmpliTube it's a bit thin and whatnot. If I have money I'd probably buy a Dual Rectifier but it's not at the top of the list.

Now I'm confused with a pro-DS-1 and anti-DS-1 post each!

Edit: Oh, and what's compatibility like for US pedals? They're still just 9V right? So if I get a AUS 9V adapter it'll just work?

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 8, 2014

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

qball posted:

Why not try out some Aussie pedals?

All good options but I think you missed the memo where I wanted a good but cheap pedal :) I'd love to justify spending $140 on an awesome pedal but I can't right now. The Jet City is $70 and the DS-1 is $65 which is more in line with what I'm looking at. Saying Big Muffs are $90-130 is me saying they're too expensive for my tastes, right now anyway.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I really appreciate all the suggestions you guys have given me. It sucks how the market for stuff is around here but I'm going to definitely keep an eye on the used places. It's just a bit ridiculous the disparity between the US and Australia, where you get people in the US talking about scoring pedals for under a hundred bucks that would cost $200 or so here.

I've only ordered one thing from the states (My G&L Ascari) and that cost me $180 for shipping, the cheapest option. Once you factor in shipping even for little things you pretty much approach local prices. Maybe save a little bit.

I'm not super keen on getting a DS-1 if I can get other pedals, and I'm in no rush, so I might sit on it and keep an eye out for used stuff. Thanks again for the great suggestions guys.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Stravinsky posted:

Yo you ever get a pedal?

Haha not yet. Still keeping an eye out while unexpected things take money from my wallet. I'll definitely let people know when I do grab something.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Stravinsky posted:

Email me your address or whereever you recieve mail at email because if shipping is not stupid you will get a thing.

Emailed away! You're an awesome dude!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Stravinsky posted:

Real post though, its a bass big muff. Don't worry that it has bass in its name because I never used it with a bass in my life and neither has anyone I have ever met. Its based on the Russian big muff so yeah. Have fun when it gets there. :cumpolice:

That's super-duper awesome. You are an awesome dude. I'll have to send a care package or something to you when I have the money! I will have the most fun.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It arrived!

Stravinsky is the best person ever. Forgot my cable at a friend's house but tomorrow I'ma plug this sucker in and go nuts.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have a question that Google and the usual sites don't seem to have an answer for. When I record stuff and use a phaser in AmpliTube I tend to use the Small Stone model with the speed at its lowest. In person I have a multi effect unit, but I'm not sure what speed to set it to in order to match the slow Small Stone speed. I tried searching for all combinations like "Small Stone speed range/rate range/LFO speed" and all that and it turned up nada. Anyone have any ideas?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Thanks guys, I figured I'd have to approximate it but was hoping to have an actual number. Ah well. Thanks anyway.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

chrisnorton posted:

Every pedal I buy puts me out of the pedal buying game. I'm itching for a new one like 2 days later.

I'm wondering how a Swollen Pickle or Big Muff Pi would do through a Vox amp. Anyone know?

I have a Vox, a Pi and my bandmates Pickle. It sounds awesome. Do it do it do it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I had a random thought. Are there any phasers that have built in stereo panning? So as it phases it pans across two outputs. I thought that'd be a cool thing to get recorded automatically (Rather than pan yourself) and it seems like it'd be wicked live if you had a stereo rig.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've been playing with some extra pedals this week while my bassist was away. Mainly I was comparing the Swollen Pickle to my Bass Big Muff. Is it weird that I flat out prefer the Muff? I expected the Pickle to be like "Muff but more fuzz" but try as I might I couldn't dial in that sound. Don't get me wrong, the Pickle sounds immensely awesome, but despite the extra distortion and gainier structure in general I felt the Muff had more substance and being the bass version the bass boost had it on par with the Pickle for that. I think the Pickle is definitely more versatile but for that fuzz sound I prefer the Muff.

The main reason I mention this is because 95% of the internet seems to say the Pickle is just superior. The other reason is I want to know what settings you guys can suggest for the Pickle. It's the Dirty Donny edition if that helps. The Muff I'm fine with, as it's always set at whatever volume I want, tone from 12 to 1 or 2, and sustain maxed.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Not sure if this is the right thread, but what's everyone's go-to for pedal boards? My friend is slowly building up quite the collection (Five right now, four of which are dirt), for a bassist especially! I've only got two, but I intend to grab a delay and phaser at some stage, although one of my current pedals won't be used most likely. I was looking at Pedaltrain Classic Jr's, because they seem to be able to hold around eight standard pedals plus a supply. I really don't want to make my own and would rather buy a good quality board when I need one.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Interesting. I have never heard of Holeyboards. They seem nice, although a tiny bit pricier than an equivalent Pedaltrain. SKB seems a bit overkill with it's powered boards and stuff. Also costly. Shelfboard is a cool idea too. Luckily I have time until I have enough pedals to require/justify a board.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've been looking at building an actual pedal board and have thus been going more into learning about pedals. Distortion/fuzz/overdrive is fairly straight forward, but apart from how tweakable they go what's the real difference between, say, two analog delays, set at the same delay time, feedback, etc. I understand that different pedals offer different options for these settings but what's the sound difference? Chorus, flanger, phasers all have different depths and rates and how wild they go but surely a delay is, aside from analog v digital, just a delay?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've been messing around with models in AmpliTube and on a lark I bought the Tubescreamer model. This thing is great, I've been using it as a boost on the JCM800 model and wow. I'm not actually usually a fan of Marshall but I'm really liking the sound and using the TS with full volume and none-to-little drive gives the gain I've always wanted from the JCM800.

Now I'm looking to get one for realsies, to pair with my Vox NT50H because the gain channel on it is very Marshall-esque but I've always found it lacked mid range. Not so much gain, but as I'd be using the TS as a mid-boost essentially I'm not worried about that. My question is what competitors to a TS9 or clone are there? I'm thinking Soul Food/Klones? Would the Soul Food get me the same result of that nice mid boost with the extra gain on tap? Money is an issue, I'm planning this as a Christmas present to myself and I'm looking at <AU$200.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Good suggestions! I'll try and find a local store that stocks a few of the suggested ones to give them a try in person. As for styles, mainly alt-rock with loads of gain. Bit of metal. I love the super compressed and saturated wall of noise/layers of guitars for what I write. Lots of quiet-loud bits.

So far the main ones I'm looking at are:
TS9
Bad Monkey
OD808
SD-1
Soul Food?

Sound like a good list to try and play in person?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Will do! I think the closest place to me is a Dunlop/Way Huge dealer too. I actually have a Muff (Bass Big Muff) and while I like the extra gain and thickness I'm hoping to keep a lot of my amp's character in it, just with a bit more lower mids/mid bump and maybe pushing the amp more with more "neutral" gain. The wall of Muff is fun and I'm going with that approach at the moment but I'm also trying to use my amp tone because it's both more tameable, stacks/layers really well and sounds a bit more unique.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm running a Vox Night Train 50 head and matching 2*12. Gain usually sits a bit more than 3/4 on the gain channel and miss are basically maxed with treble halfish and bass a bit more than half. It does the job in the room usually but I'd just like that but more oomph.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I went into a store to get a pop filter for my mic and saw a Digitech Bad Monkey for $60. Considering I was in the market for an OD (I asked here earlier and got great suggestions), remembered the recommendation and hell, it usually goes for $60 used here so the same price brand new made it an immediate impulse buy. It is green and lovely and I'm about to plug it in.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I want a Devi Ever pedal. To me they all sound the same but the features differ (Octave up, bit crushing, etc). The fact that I'd be buying the design but not directly sorting crazy any more is a bonus too. She's started another pedal company too, Fuzz Goddess.

Dwarfcraft seem like cool guys though. I want a Rocket.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm looking at possibly getting some non-dirt pedals as I only own three pedals (An OD, Fuzz and Distortion) and would like a bit more to explore. It's been a chicken and egg thing, where I haven't bought a board because I don't have enough pedals, but I haven't bought pedals because it'd be way too messy without a board. So now I'm looking to make the leap sometime this year.

My biggest question is how the hell do people power their boards? I get small boards, you can just use any decent power supply when you only have maybe six pedals. But those massive boards where you have ten or more pedals, how do people power those? Do they just take two 8 output supplies and set it up that way or do power supplies with more outputs exist? I'm curious because I was ticking off all the effects I like and by the end of it I'll probably have ten or more.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I saw that, but the thing is that all the pedals on my wishlist are 9V, so having 8 9V and some 12/18V probably wouldn't work as well because the amperage can be over but voltage matching (Unless the pedals are designed for more headroom or whatever, which none of the ones I'm eyeing are to my knowledge). I also saw the Walrus Audio Phoenix. That'd probably work, as it's 15 9V outputs (With toggles for 12V or 18V) but man is it overkill, kinda like the CAE. Both of them seem to be around the AU$400-450 mark.

It's probably overkill but honestly I could probably get away with some cheap non-isolated power supply until I have enough pedals to warrant a huge CAE/Walrus power supply. I was mainly curious because that CAE was the supply with the most outputs I've seen, but there's people with like 20 pedals and I had no idea how they really powered it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have a curious question. EHX released the Crayon and a whole lot of people started speculating what it was based on (if anything), mainly citing Timmy's. All the conversations I've read basically ended with "well when it comes out we'll know what it is based on!" and then... nothing. No one has come out and said that it is or isn't based on anything.

I'm going to buy one, most likely, anyway, but I just wanted to know whether it was ever concluded if it was based on something else.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Hoping someone can fill me in on this. I have a Digitech Bad Monkey. Good OD in and of itself, but I've been messing with the Mixer out option. It seems like even when the pedal is off it does a sort of speaker simulation, is that right? I found this out by running my Big Muff into it and comparing the two outs. The Amp out was fizzy and not nice as you'd expect straight from the pedal. Curiously when I plugged into the Mixer out into my interface it actually sounded decent. A bit boxy, but decent. Of course, engaging it puts a TS overdrive on top of a Muff so that didn't work too well. But it's kind of neat that it does that.

I started messing with it on the weekend because my bassist and I were just messing around with DI takes plus pedals. Ampltiube's bass model wasn't the best and we actually got better sounds from the Bad Monkey as a preamp. It's kind of neat.

But yeah, my question is if I am correct that it does some modelling "passively". The only downside is the EQ knobs don't work unless the pedal is engaged. Ah well.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Cheers guys. Did some digging myself at the same time and found much the same info. Too bad there's no specifics but hey, it works really well as a sort of preamp for an interfrace in a pinch! Pity they don't make them any more.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm fascinated by overdrives lately. I can't seem to find anywhere that talks about the families of overdrive in regard to the sound, though. What I mean is that there's plenty of resources talking about diode clipping vs whatever, but I'm more interested in the end result. Is there a good comparison of what to expect from certain families of overdrive? I read that the SD-1 and TS9 are both mid-hump focused overdrives that colour where a Klon is mid humped but more "transparent", or the BB Preamp (Or in my case what triggered this expedition, the EHX Crayon) being "full range overdrive" but is transparent whereas others aren't, etc etc.

The short of it is whether there is a guide (Or an effort post from a knowledgeable goon would be my favourite) of the general families of overdrive and where common pedals fall in.

This is kind of because if I decide to pick up another overdrive (I have no intention to... at the moment) I'd probably want something completely different, so knowing where the opposite of what I have is I can grab something different rather than "a Tubescreamer, but a really good one." For what it's worth my first OD was a Bad Monkey, a TS clone, and I now have the Crayon, which is also apparently based on a TS but also not and doesn't have the mid hump? I don't know any more.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

Just watch That Pedal Show, these guys are my go to guys for pedals, they have tones of vids, here are a couple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdKjhXWpjq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5PX4Fl6Mu4

I really like trust them

Oh trust me, I already subscribe and eat up That Pedal Show videos. Guys are amazing. I was hoping more for a chat or quick reference though.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
By and large I use just amp distortion when I want crunch, but with the way I have my clean/crunch channel set I don't get a super crunchy sound if I want an actual pristine clean sound (Which I do) when using my higher output guitars. So that's why I like overdrives. Also it's taken me almost four years to follow my friend's advice and not have all the gain all the time for my lead channel, now I'm using just enough gain to saturate and using my TS to boost for thickness when I need it. I also like pedals because they all (Except the million and one clones which are all the same as the standard TS/Klon/whatever) sound different but it's way easier to get them without sacrificing the wallet.

Mind you, as I've said before I'm kind of done for buying stuff for a while, so this is mostly a thought exercise on where you can trace back different pedal lines, like tracing back modern high gain amps to old Marshalls, who trace back to Bassmans, etc.

Smash, I'm with you for the most part. Aside from my Muff I use my pedals to flavour the crunch already there. Even the Crayon (Which is a BB Preamp) with its high amount of gain usually sits on my crunch channel, or on my lead for stupid high amounts of sustain.

I think for the most part pedals (And most gear really) are annoying for me on YouTube because they never demo it in a way that I'd actually use it. "Hey guys, we have this sweet distortion pedal ideal for heavy rock or metal, watch me play through a Princeton or something while playing some blues lead licks." If I had the money I'd buy gear just to demo it the way I play it. Dreams, etc.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think the DS-1 gets a bad rap sometimes. Don't get me wrong you still have people praising it, but I think a lot of people tend to view it as baby's first distortion. I keep erring on whether to get one myself, mainly going no because I have enough dirt and my friend has one he hardly uses which I can borrow whenever.

Funnily enough, saw Monolord and I believe the bassist (Or was it one of the openers? I forget) was running his bass (Rickenbacker, natch) into a DS-1 into the house stack (Looked like an Ampeg SVT(?) and Orange 6x10). Sounded absolutely killer.

Speaking of stuff my friend has, does anyone want to hear some demos (Comparisons, shootouts, whatever) of any of the following into my Night Train (I can mic it) or an Amplitube setup? I'm not the best player but I can probably do a basic idea Anyway I have access to:
EHX Crayon, Bass Big Muff
Jet City Shockwave
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss DS-1
Yamaha OD (I forget the model, it's from the late 80s I think, sounds killer), with mystic mod!
JHS Low Drive
Way Huge Swollen Pickle (If anyone wants a Muff v Pickle shootout)
Boss DD-3, Tera Echo (For that spacey echoey poo poo we all love)

Most stuff you can find online but that's what I have access to. I'm probably going to be shooting out the Shockwave and DS-1 myself, with the Crayon as the yardstick (Distortion v. Overdrive but the Crayon has a lot of gain for some reason), because I've noticed that even with the volume maxed and gain at 1o'clockish on the Shockwave it still isn't at unity gain. Nothing sounds obviously wrong with it, I've swapped batteries and all that, but I haven't used it in ages so who knows. Sounds pretty good for modern rock sounds though.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
What's the go with digital delays and reverb? Everyone seems to be moving back to analog delays outside of Strymons and their ilk. I've been fancying a DigiTech Obscura and Polara because I want delay and reverb buy I want the trails to continue when I turn them off, instead of instantly stopping. It seems the way to go is digital, the the DT stuff has a bunch of features that seem useful and/or cool. The only problem is everyone local seems to want AU$100 more than a Boss DD-7 and hell no I ain't paying that. There's a bunch of delays on Reverb for decent prices, but I want the crisp return of digital, would prefer tab tempo (The Obscura has one built in) and want the trails option. Any suggestions for not overpriced pedals that fit that?

Edit: While I'm at it, what's the best pedal for swells? I know the Boss Slow Gear is old, rare and expensive. At the moment I use a swell VST in Reaper. The advantage it has is it's not tied to a beat so any time I play a note it swells. It can get messy trying to play one sustained note and introduce another but I use it to play single notes at a time and it gives a beautiful violin like sound. Basically I want a pedal I can set the sensitivity and how long it takes to complete the swells, but have it activate every time I hit that threshold. Any ideas?

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 18, 2016

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

UncleBlazer posted:

The Mooer Slow Engine is a slow gear clone, it's cheap. Look it up on YouTube see if it does what you want.

Yeah I found that shortly after posting and it seems it might do the trick. Thanks.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've always known Behringer as a brand that sounds good but has shocking build quality. So I guess take that and make them not shoddy sounds okay? I honestly think the biggest problem is they look lame. TC in general is not that great at aesthetics but these look so drab.

Take a look at Digitech. A lot of people are saying the pedals themselves a just riffs on pedals they've had before (Supernatural -> Polara for example) but I think people started paying attention partly because they look awesome now. Yeah, no one wants to admit it and it's not always the case but looks do play a part in decisions. I'm not saying "The RAT looks boring therefore it must suck" and I agree that a great sounding pedal can look as ugly as sin and people will still like it. But if you're building cheap pedals that are competing with other cheap pedals then looks are a good way to stand out.

Boss pedals look boring but they a quintessentially Boss and are their own style. Digitech's older stuff looked like a poor man's Boss despite having great pedals. The new TC stuff doesn't look bad but it sure as hell doesn't visually look interesting.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

rockear posted:

The Malekko Sneak Attack does exactly this, and a few other things.

Oh snap that looks awesome. It might be overkill for just doing swells though. Might have to find somewhere local that stocks it and give it a try.

Oh, quick question to whoever. I'm finally getting a board and psu. When I plug everything in should I remove the batteries from the pedals first, or leave them in?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I got my first pedalboard and power supply. Holy poo poo is it so much easier to deal with. Instead of worrying about batteries and where everything is I can focus on just grabbing the board and plugging it in.

I have a problem though. I currently have three main pedals; a Bad Monkey Overdrive (used for boost), an EHX Crayon for crunch and an EHX Bass Big Muff for fuzz. I have a Jet City Shockwave distortion but honestly a lot of that ground is covered by the Crayon. So that's three pedals. Problem is, my PSU does 7 pedals at 9V. So I have four outputs left. A tuner typically allows a piggyback. I need a delay and reverb, so that leaves two. I really want a swell (Most likely a Mooer Slow Engine) so that leaves one. What the hell do I use one output for? My gut instinct is phaser, but there's so many options. The Digitech Ventura is three pedals in one and the Nautila is chrous/flanger in one.

Any suggestions?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

rockear posted:

Digitech's got a deal going right now where if you buy their Obscura delay you can get a Ventura vibe for $5. I took advantage. They're both pretty great sounding and solidly built.

I know this deal and was pretty much set on it.

It's only in continental US. I'm in Australia. So no deal for me. It's bullshit that I get screwed over on this account because they want me to pay AU$350 (USD$270) for each effect because of local distributors and poo poo. Makes me angry.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Lovechop posted:

hello friends. i'm after a rotary pedal - so far i've tried a keeley monterey (pretty nice, and i like the fuzz too) strymon lex (thought it was kinda eh) and the jhs unicorn (sounds incredible, tap tempo)

i'm probably gonna grab the unicorn, but is there anything else out there worth trying? i'm after a band of gypsys kinda thing.

Digitech has the Venture Vibe which seems to sound pretty cool and is fairly cheap. Stereo and all that good stuff. Not sure how applicable it is but there you go, another potential option.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Does anyone here have a TC Electronic Mimiq? I've been looking at this thing and it sounds fantastic in demos, and I'm pretty sure I'll pick one up because gently caress it, instant double tracking for demos? Sweet as.

I have one question for anyone that has it though. Are you able to set it to 2 dubs and set it to be completely wet such that your dry signal goes in and from the output (in stereo) you get only two individual wet tracks? I'm thinking that would mean you could take two DI tracks, "reamp" it straight back in and get six total tracks that mesh from only two working takes. Then you can reamp for real and experiment and stuff. I just like the idea of having a bunch of tracks so effortlessly, especially since just noodling I like to do at least two tracks to get an idea of the sound I'm going for.

Edit: Although now I'm thinking I'd run into some phase issues at least when going mono. Any thoughts or advice?

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
As far as modulation goes I don't actually own any pedals, despite having four (six if you count the amp channels) kinds of dirt. I love, love, love phasers though. Flangers are pretty cool, but if I were to get one I'd get one that does both flanger and chorus. I am not a fan of wah. Like, at all. I admire those who get cool sounds but I don't like it for myself.

The rest are really effects I'd like to have but would use so rarely. Vibe, trem, etc. Phaser is really one of the only modulation sounds (I'm not counting delay and reverb in modulation) I feel I regularly use or need.

On another note, this may be a longshot but does anyone have experience with the Jet City Shockwave distortion pedal? I've had it for years now, but I swear it's dying or something. Bypassed it's bypassed, but when I kick it on it actually drops my volume, even with the volume knob maxed. It's super evident when I use my interface and AmpliTube because it actually drops the distorted sound lower than my clean sound, which is weird. Not just in perception either, I've seen the dB peaks and it's definitely quieter.

It was getting kicked off my board when I needed space anyway but I swear it used to have unity and volume boost. Anyone else? I'm obviously not going to send it somewhere for repair when I can get a new one for AUD$65.