Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

I've got an EHX Hog that won't seem to allow a signal to pass through it. It powers on and switches modes, etc with no issues. If I unplug the output cable, there's no noise, so I'd guess that the signal is being stopped somewhere before that. If I set a tuner up before the hog (Amp -> Tuner -> Hog -> Guitar), the tuner detects nothing when notes are played.

Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Stravinsky posted:

Open it up and see if the wires have decided to come off of the input or output jacks.

:doh:

I'll check this out + report back when I get home later. Excited at the prospect of getting this thing working again.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

ChocNitty posted:

Does anyone know if an inexpensive looping pedal exists? Why is the cheapest one $150?

Yeah, I'd check out an RC-2 down by the bay. I currently use one of these at home for goofing around w/ and it's pretty nice for that. I don't have any personal experience with the TC Electronics Ditto, but I've seen it demoed and it looks fine + also seems to fit your budget (used 70-80$)

Postmaster GBS fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 3, 2014

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Welp, I opened the hog up and goofed around with it. Unplugged the ribbon on the board and plugged it back in.

It's working fine now :neckbeard:

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

A little long if you don't give a poo poo but I saw this last night and thought it was pretty neat.

Anything 'new' in pedal tech is interesting as far as I'm concerned, and I hadn't seen anything like this before

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

muike posted:

Also looking for a phase shifter

I used a PH-2 for a long time, they are cool but get overly 'drippy' and 'gloopy' for my tastes. Too intense.

I tried a phase 90 for a little bit and I liked how I didn't have to mess with multiple knobs constantly. Not intense enough, though.

I switched to an EQD grand orbiter and I don't think I will need a new phaser for a long time.

What kind of stuff do you want to use it for?

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

The Bunk posted:

Help me understand buffers. Compared to plugging straight into my amp there's definitely some signal loss in my pedalboard when everything is off, but that literally never happens because my compressor & VT Bass are on all the time. Does that mean a buffer would be pointless for me? Should I just bump up the output on my pedals a bit and forget about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSWqLuXUfnY

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Along with the Neunaber Immerse and Fuzzrocious Afterlife, I like the Red Panda Context. Have you looked at that? That's my primary verb at the moment. Really versatile and I like that it can get weird too. Also, a 100% wet signal is something I'm generally a fan of for textural stuff.

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Enhanced kickzones for indiscriminate stomping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

polynominal-c posted:

Did you google "knob enlargement"?

:smug: