Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fufo
Apr 24, 2002

UNEXPECTED!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm planning on buying what I intend to become my all-in-one guitar effects solution and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the stuff in the market.

I've read about Line6's m13 and pod xt live, about Zoom's G9.2TT and I have the feeling there are more differences between them than my eye can see. I also have seen that there are several other brands like Boss, Digitech, Korg, Vox... I'm quite completely lost here.

So, any experiences or good resources to effectively compare all those products and try to figure out which one will be my best bang for the buck?

Hints: I own a Parker PM-20 and a Marshall 10W solid state practice amp. Buying a better amp is out of the question for now, as I have a very small appartment and a seven month daughter that rule out any high volume playing without headphones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fufo
Apr 24, 2002

UNEXPECTED!
Thanks very much to Agreed, and even though I agree (pun intended) with you that I'd probably be better off buying a half-decent tube amp, I wouldn't really get as much from it as I would from the multi-fx solution. As a matter of fact, I was bent on doing things this way and at some point get one of those "neutral" amps to go with the multi-fx board, or wait a bit anyway because in not too long I will probably recover two Magnat monitors that I bought ages ago and are stuck at my parents' place gathering dust that sounded like heaven.

Also, on another note, I did have surgery for a slipped disc as well, so going into the big heavy tube amp territory is a big no-no.

the wizards beard posted:

If you have to play with headphones you could just ditch the little amp and use some nice phones straight into a multi-fx with the amp and cab modelling turned on.

Already have a couple of really nice Senheiser wireless cans that are right now plugged to the amp. The only time I use the amp is when I go to my place in the mountains and close the basement door.

How do any of those units work for computer recording?

Fufo
Apr 24, 2002

UNEXPECTED!
I'll be most probably buying online from thomann.de because finding units to test in Spain is a royal pain in the backside. Besides, ordering from the US, while advantageous now that the dollar is quite low means having to pay import taxes and having your unit retained for god knows how long until some state worker decides to release it.

I was looking for something stand-alone or as stand-alone as possible, because going the Guitar Rig 3 would mean buying a laptop as well and that would more or less double the budget. My computer at home would most likely handle it but leave me quite crippled as soon as I moved to another room in the house or went away elsewhere.

Fufo
Apr 24, 2002

UNEXPECTED!
Come on, Agreed, you don't have to justify yourself here, we would do the same if we could.

And if anyone wanted to know about the Boss GT-10: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=-F1m6xdS_2g&feature=user

I can't believe the guy isn't in Boss' payroll yet.