Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Compressor stuff here:

Where is usually the preferred place to put a compressor in a signal chain? The toys that I have to work with are a Danelectro Wasabi OD plus some BYOC pedals and those are the Shredmaster, Distortion+, and the 5-knob compressor.

the wizards beard posted:

edit: I just looked this up, and it seems the Fuzz Factory has a Si BJT input buffer, not a FET. It is the SHO and Box of Rock (and other SHO based stuff) that uses MOSFETs. I guess a BJT buffer could load a guitar's pickups, so I stand corrected unless someone can back me up.

Thats correct. Messing with the bias resistors on a BJT can cause lots of added load on the input. FETs (especially MOSFETs) area a lot easier to work with if, for example, you're building a push-pull amplifier since they're much simpler to bias.

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Since I run a lot of gain in my setup, I'm looking at noise gates and suppressors. What are some that you guys have used and what did you think about them?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Apologies if this has already been asked, but could someone explain how BBE's Sonic Maximizer works?