Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuna, the Muse
Mar 28, 2003
You're a one-man death machine, now make this city bleed.
I'm looking to start buying some pedals, but I really don't have a clue about most of them. I've been using a bass distortion pedal I borrowed from my friend on my guitar and it's pretty fun to mess around with. I think I'm going to start with a simple distortion pedal and move on from there. I can get a used Boss DS-1 for less than $40 Canadian. Online reviews seem to be pretty positive. Any reason why I shouldn't get this one?

I'm looking to spend as little as possible while still getting some decent gear that'll last me a while. What are generally considered the best pedals for the lowest price? If possible I'd like to know some good-but-cheap reverb, delay and whatnot too for when I'm ready to delve deeper into the pedal business without getting ripped off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuna, the Muse
Mar 28, 2003
Would it still be a good deal if I got the pedal from eBay for $48 Canadian and shipping of $22? Is there a cheaper place that would ship to Canada? I'm not very well versed in ordering online.

Edit: The Wasabi is the pedal in question.

Tuna, the Muse
Mar 28, 2003
Does anybody have both the Wasabi distortion and overdrive? I'm probably going to give in and order one of them today, but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into. Can someone maybe put up some demos, or point me in the direction of some demos? I couldn't find anything on Youtube and I haven't a clue where else to look.

Tuna, the Muse
Mar 28, 2003
Great, thanks.