Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Are there any not-ridiculously priced multi-effects pedals out there that can also control a remote switch - like an amp footswitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

bisticles posted:

The only thing like that I've seen is the Boss OD-20 Drive Zone. It's a Distortion/Overdrive stompbox modeler with a 1/4" output that can toggle an amp's channel.

The TC Electronic rackmount guitar stuff and G-system have switch outputs, but I think those are too expensive.

Basically, I think my guitar player's rig has broken what I think a guitar rig should be. All it is is a Diezel VH4S, a G-System, and a recto 4x12. Functionally it's almost like a modeling amp or something...everything is just in patches and the G-System can switch between the four channels on the Diezel via MIDI. Plus he can throw the effects from the G-system before the preamp or in the fx loop, and add external stompboxes with the loops.

Something tells me there isn't a pedal I can throw on a regular old combo like a 6505 and duplicate that kind of amp channel switching + patches without spending that kind of money, unless I go with a modeling amp.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

massive spider posted:

Maybe try something else? Its not like theres a shotage of TS derivd overdrives.

Speaking of that...

I'm looking for a distortion pedal to put in front of my F-30 to be able to either use it with the clean channel to get a more mellow drive, or use it with the drive channels to tighten it up and get some more crunchies. I was thinking about just building a BYOC Overdrive 2. Anything around that price that's already built and similarly featured / quality?

Guitar is an RGA121 with Crunch Lab / Liquifire and the F-30 has a G12K100 speaker, if it matters.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Analog delay: Memory Toy or MXR?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Finished my pedalboard...

...well, until I'm at a point where getting a G70 isn't a complete waste of money.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I just use a 1spot, but I have a small pedalboard and have avoided things that are extra finicky with power.

I may upgrade to whichever Cioks fits under a Pedaltrain Mini, but only because I'd like to be able to send 18v to my Proton for more headroom.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

After having people staying at our house for the last month I finally was able to put my practice space back together again with some new additions.

Minilogue (:swoon:) + KMI 12Step
Carvin MB10 + bass pedalboard [Pitchblack, B3K, MicroPog, Proton, Bassist]
Peavey 6505+ 112 + guitar pedalboard [Pitchblack Mini, NS-2, Tubescreamer Mini, MXR Carbon Copy]

What I would very much like is the ability to run the keyboard and the bass pedalboard into my bass amp simultaneously. I figure in most cases I'd run keyboard into a DI & monitors, but I need to have the ability to run both things together through my bass rig for rehearsals, and none of my big rigs have an aux in. Is just a passive ABY pedal good enough to do what I need? Is there something that's specifically more for adding an aux in to an amp?

edit: Boss RC-3 loop station has two inputs, aux in, can sum to mono, and has a bunch of other cool stuff. I already have a Ditto, I guess I can replace it with one of these.

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 1, 2016

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Finishing up version two of my bass pedalboard. It is:

Line6 G70 9v / 350ma
Darkglass b3k 9v / 20ma
EHX micro pog 9v / 180ma
3Leaf Wonderlove 9v /25ma
3Leaf You’re Doom 9v / 25mA
Earthquaker Avalanche Run 9v / 425ma
Keeley Compressor Pro 9v / 50ma
Boss RC-3 9v / 70ma

...with a pair of Dunlop mini volume/expression pedals to control the expression inputs of the Wonderlove and the Avalanche Run.

Just trying to figure out power, and I think a TrueTone CS7 will work well - has two 500ma outputs for the G70 and Avalanche Run and then the remainder should be able to be isolated & split up however works using a couple of daisy chains. Has anyone tried these yet?

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Almost done with the evolution of my bass board into a Big Board.

Still waiting on a pair of the Dunlop mini expression pedals (for the exp control of the Wonderlove and the Avalanche Run,) going to add an MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe I think, and then soonish I'll swap the Pitchblack for a Line6 G70 and the Bassist for a Compressor Pro. That should do the trick...

Under-board isn't as clean as I wanted it to be but I'll re-do it once I have everything else.

edit: And the full setup. I specifically chose the RC-3 over other loopers because it's the only one that sums mono. Being able to loop from the bass or from the Minilogue is amazing.

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 11, 2016

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Yes. Even better would be something that lets you hook up four-cable, with your amp's preamp in the gate's loop and returning with the FX return.

From the Decimator II G-String site:

quote:

The Decimator™ II G String has 4 ¼ inch jacks. Connect the guitar directly to the Guitar IN. Connect the Guitar OUT to the input of the amplifier. Connect the DEC IN to the loop send and DEC OUT to the loop return. For best performance place all gain pedals in front of the amplifier and DEC IN. You can put Delay and Reverb effects pedals after the Decimator™ II G String and before the loop return to avoid cutting off reverb and delay tails.

I did this with a 6505 and an NS-2 gate which worked great, but if you have a nice amp I'd spend more and get the Decimator as the NS-2 kind of "blurred" my tone.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Decimator doesn't add or subtract gain, its buffers are just a bit clearer than the NS-2 and preserve your tone better. It doesn't give you independent attack + release like the NS-2 does but I don't think it really needs it in practice.

Typically you'd put the delay after the gate in the effects loop so you are only getting delay on notes you want to be heard and not chopping tails off. When I had my very small guitar pedalboard I went tuner -> Mini Tube Screamer -> NS2 loop out -> 6505 > NS2 loop return -> MXR Delay -> 6505 return and it was nice.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Shugojin posted:

I just looked up george L and you owe me a new pair of eyes

good lord that website

I love the flat EBS pedalboard cables. Ended up being significantly cheaper than buying George L's or some other solderless system.

Southern Heel posted:

Seriously, pop survey - how many modulation pedals do you all have, and how often do you use them? I'm really honestly trying to find a reason for a permanent modulation effect on my board like a Phase 90 or Electric Mistress or whatever, but really they seem SO situational.

I'm a bassist, but I'll have two - a 3leaf Wonderlove envelope filter and an EHX Bass Stone chorus.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Dr. Capco posted:

Anybody have any recommendations for a pedal power supply? I have 8 pedals total that don't use anything more than 9v outputs and it's not going to go anywhere but my house. I'm tired of using a daisy chain since I can't use all of them and there's various levels of interference depending on what's hooked up to it. Tips?

I have a 1 Spot CS7 and really like it. I'm able to daisy chain my non-finicky low draw pedals, have a couple of big power taps for my Avalanche Run and a G70, and an 18V for my compressor.

It's switching *and* isolated, and not real expensive.

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 7, 2017

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

There are tons of new delays and reverbs out and it's been a while since I've had a magical new pedal day. It's time! What should I YouTube dive in after? The EQD Space Spiral is definitely an option. Also their Transmisser. Even if you don't have a delay or reverb to suggest hit me with whatever. I'm in the mood to try out something new.

Right now my chain is Pitchblack -> EQD Arrows out front and MXR CC -> EQD Afterneath -> Digitech Supernatural (might sell this soon) -> TC T2 -> TC Loop in the effects loop.

tl;dr I should put together a loving EQD board because it's inevitable apparently

AVALANCHE RUN

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Professor Science posted:

speaking of pedalboards... are the "construct your own short cables for a pedalboard" kits worth it?

Personally, I don't think so. EBS flat cables are easier to work with and cheaper per-connection.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

My board is done. It's really fun.

Chain is Tuner - B3k - MicroPOG - Wonderlove - You're Doom (in Wonderlove loop) - Bass Clone - Avalanche Run - Cali76 - RC-3

Expression pedals control the Wonderlove and the Av Run.

Board is a Gator, and the power supply is a 1 Spot CS7 mounted underneath.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Alternate opinion: buy a very good power supply from a reputable company and never think about power supplies again.

I got the 1spot pro and it's very very good.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

My Rhodes is effectively a "stage piano," so it has a basic passive volume and tone control and works electrically just like a guitar. I just want something that acts as the in-between from the Rhodes to my audio interface, with drive, stereo tremolo and a pair of line outs (plus, preferably a headphone out.) Any other effects like chorus, delay and reverb would be fine, as would some sorts of amp simulation, but not necessary. I could go for regular guitar effects but I just don't want to have to buy a stereo DI & eat up mic inputs.

I just received a Boss GT-001 and initial impressions are not good just based on the user interface. I was hoping I'd be able to set the favorite buttons as patches like [Clean] [Drive] [Chorus] [Delay] and then have the four command knobs functionality change based on what patch I'm in, so on the Clean one I'd be able to turn tremolo on, adjust depth and speed, and reverb. Drive I'd be able to adjust the distortion, etc. Unfortunately, the knob settings are global regardless of patch selection - you basically have to click in a couple of levels and scroll over to the effect you want to adjust. I'm going to play around making just one patch with all the effects I'd want then just scroll around but it seems like it's going to be clunky.

I'm probably going to bail on the GT-001 and go with a Pod HD. At least with that thing it seems like I can set the knobs for a more easily tweakable setup, plus it has SPDIF out which would save me even more channels.

The other option would be this guy, the Tech21 RotoChoir. Very simple but seems to do everything I need aside from having a headphone out.

Or, is there something out there that just takes stereo instrument in -> line & headphone out? I don't need a DI, just a simple preamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

If the Flint had line-level outputs that would have been a contender, with something like a Soul Food in front.