Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?
Well today I went into the instrument store looking for a guitar stand, and was wondering on pedals while he was looking for a stand. I looked upon the Rocktron Rampage, played it for half an hour, and bought it. I play through a Line 6 Flextone III amp, and found running this through the JC-120 model with reverb and a tad of delay makes my last tone (dual rect full gain) sound like a crappy job.

Now I've become a fan for pedals, and am considering buying a reverb, delay, and EQ (so I could sell this amp, buy a Tech 21 Power Engine, and live off that). What would you buy if your budget were $250?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?

Flamadiddle posted:

Does anyone have any experience with using a Pod in an FX send?

I just got a used Pod Pro rack unit, which I'd like to use in the FX loop of my Flextone III XL, but it doesn't seem like the Pod Pro comes with that functionality. The Line 6 web site says it's technically possible, but I'm worried that I'm running too hot a signal from the studio 1/4 out (-10db) back into the FX return on the amp.

What sort of levels are usually caught at an FX loop?

I don't know but from what I've read you have to turn off amp and cab simulation to make it work (if that's what you want to do).

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?

Epiphopotamus posted:

OK, sweet write-up Agreed. I ended up going with the Orange Squash for budget's sake, and I'm really happy with the results.

Now I need some chain advice. I have the Orange Squash (comp), TU-2 (tune), H2O (chorus/echo), DS-1 (dist), and I'm getting a Volume pedal, an Overdrive, and probably replacing my DS-1 with a different distortion.

I'm going for a fairly simple rock sound, which order do I put the following in for best results?

comp, tune, chrous/echo, dist, volume, OD.

I think tuner should absolutely be in the first place. Compressor depends if you want to have it after the distortion or before it, but I'd leave it after the overdrive to still have some picking dynamics. I'd say go with this:

Tune, Overdrive, Distortion, Compressor, Echo, CHorus, Volume.

The good thing about overdrive before distortion is that when you set it up with low gain before the distortion, it can add some picking dynamics to your playing, and make for a good effect.

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?
Alternatively, look into modding that DS-1. Just by switching out some stuff, people have got it sounding somewhat comparable to boutique pedals, for about $30 in parts. I'm about to embark on a modding phase for my pedals (mainly the Russian Muff, DS-1 and Crybaby) since you can really get neat sounds out of your cheap stuff.