Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I am glad to see that the "hotel block" deals of yesteryear have been eliminated, since it always just seemed like a sure-fire way for a genuinely giving and awesome person to end up owing thousands of dollars to some big hotel jerk.

Now, the question is, just how hot is it in Las Vegas in the beginning of August? I hear it can get as warm as 50 degrees Fahrenheit, and that is far too hot for my body made entirely of ice cream.

Edit: Glad to hear that Tension can finally, after nearly a half-year of waiting, have GoonCon close to home for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Scorpio! posted:

it's closer to 100 degrees Fahrenheit in LV at the beginning of august. Also are you from an outer planet in our solar system?

Let me just say, to use your parlance, that from where I come, there is no need for "the refrigeration of goods." I currently have a temporary home in what you call a "walk-in freezer" in "Rich-Mond, Vir'Ginia."

No, but I really was kind of curious how hot it was there in August, and wanted to sound as much like an idiot as possible while asking. Thanks! I figured it would be much like GoonCon 2005, except with less likelihood of the city being destroyed by a hurricane two weeks later.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
It is amazing how many people in this thread I still have on ignore from Lowtax's attempt to get you jerks to not be jerks about GoonCon for once.

Powercrazy posted:

Heres the only pic I have from 2K4. That is pretty much the ratio of males to females you can expect at best.

I do not normally make these kind of obvious comments, but it genuinely took me a second to realize that there was/who was the woman in that picture.

Powercrazy posted:

So no one is getting laid, at least not heterosexually :)

If you cannot get a hook-up at GoonCon even with the odds stacked against you, then are not trying hard enough. Or you look and smell like a vat of butter.

No no, spoiled butter.

The point is, the overall ratio is irrelevant, as the ratio of "actually datable men" to "actually datable women" seems more like 1:1.

Panzram Sandwich posted:

the clap is gonorrhea

You have truly enlightened me this day. I always thought "the clap" was chlamydia. Then again, this topic does not come up too often.