Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent019
Jun 28, 2002
LOL, ONLY DUMB PEOPLE WORK AT MCDONALD'S
Get over yourself, douchebag.
Director: Steve Miner
Writers (WGA):
Jeffrey Reddick (screenplay)

Release Date: 8 April 2008 (USA) Straight to Video Alert

Tagline: D-Day Is Coming

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489018/

-----

As a fan of the Zombie Movie Genre I can understand that kids these days do not like the slow moving Zombies of yesterday. They are not frightening unless there are a few thousand of them and not very scary if you run through a mall dancing around them. However there is something about making Super Zombies that just doesn't float with me.

This movie starts off bad and continue to get worse as the movie progresses. The movie is supposed to loosely be a remake George A Romeros Day of the Dead from 1985. However the only thing that stays the same is the names of the characters.

Now most people are not going to see this movie, but after reading an interview that Romero did, he did not want Zombies to be looked at as monsters, but humans. This movie, when people die their face becomes that of some grotesque skin tightened overly CG'd monster. It's pretty dumb. When the people become Zombies they are imbued within 5 seconds with super human strength and abilities. I just about groaned to death when I saw a zombie leap and walk across a ceiling.

The movie stars Mena Suvari of American Beauty fame in what I can only assume to be what she thought would be her come back roll. However she is over shadowed by horrible zombie creatures. Ving Rhames is in this movie too however in no way the same character he was from Dawn of the Dead remake. Nick Cannon does a horrible job as well at being an rear end in a top hat and then redeeming himself at the end.

Despite being called Day of the Dead this movie takes place in the middle of the night and ends at sun up... the zombie outbreak is not a blip on the radar, and the under ground bunker that is the main attraction in the 1985 movie doesn't even come into play until the last 10 minutes of the movie.

Steve Miner took a ho hum zombie movie and made it worse with this remake. I would not recommend you watching it even if you like zombies and movies and could watch zombies all day. I am telling you this movie is horrible and I liked Diary of the Dead.

All in all it was lucky I was doing something else as well so I can't say I wasted a lot of time on this. If you don't believe me watch the trailer. It's just as bad.

0/5 Goonies

Pros: Straight to Video, not even a booby to redeem it.
Cons: Plot, Acting, Directing, Zombies.

Agent019 fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 2, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU