Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

hexadecimal posted:

Note that this reefers to...

I know you said in the Coding Horrors thread that you do a lot of coding while high, but come on man, keep your head in the game here :350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

Avenging Dentist posted:

Real men use Flex and Bison.

Real men write finite state machines for their parsing needs.

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

terminatusx posted:

thanks! well.. yea, the title is purposefully a satire on Dungeons (Castles) & Dragons (Creatures)

Perhaps you're familiar with a little game called Command and Conquer?

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks
Oh god, clearly I said something retarded..

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

terminatusx posted:

No, I was ughhing and suiciding myself for not realizing it :(

Oh, I feel better now. I thought I said something retarded but gently caress if I could figure out what it was.

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

alien8 posted:

It's also made me wish their was a "C# questions that don't deserve their own thread" thread.

There is a .NET questions thread though..

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

king_kilr posted:

A webbased IRC client I did for the DjangoDash competition (48 hours with 2 other people). This is the only screenshot I have at this second.

Is this open source, or are you willing to share the source? I'd love to see it if you are.

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

Sgt. Raisins posted:

If you don't open source it. I would love to see a quick write up on how it was created. Interested in seeing django outside of a CMS/blog like site.

Yeah, this is more to the point of what I meant. I don't necessarily have a burning desire to see the source, but I'd love to hear more about your experience with this.

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

Alcohol Kills posted:

beautiful, isn't it?

up next: figuring out why the gently caress my environment variables refuse to stick

Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but what is it?

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

Alcohol Kills posted:

blah blah blah

Ooooh, gotcha. Didn't mean for you to have to go through all that trouble explaining everything - I see what the script does. I didn't realize that the script is what you were showing us, I thought it might have been the text editor or something, as you said.

Gotta start somewhere!

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks
Hey guys I just got done taking a poo poo and I think I'm gonna eat this apple now:

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks
One of the buttons should prevent you from posting in this thread :iceburn:

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

It's a graphical editor and solver for "Rush Hour"-type games (http://www.thinkfun.com/RUSHHOUR.ASPX?PageNo=RUSHHOUR is the original Rush Hour Traffic Jam game, but there's also "Blocked" for the iPhone and tons of knockoffs). You drag the pieces onto the grid to set up the configuration, and press solve and it shows you how to solve the configuration, or lets you know if no solution exists.

It started out as just a little project written in Java, but I've never written an iPhone app before so I thought it would be fun to port it to Objective-C and get it running on the iPhone. Not really sure what I'm going to do with it, but it's a fun project nonetheless.

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

army_of_babies posted:

...bonus points for who knows where the 3D monkey came from!

Why, it's Suzanne, the Blender monkey!

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

Doh004 posted:

You guys do a lot of advanced stuff that just goes right over my head :saddowns:

Anyways:

Creating my biggest project yet in Django. It's an online Portal for my fraternity. I already have a working version with quite terrible PHP, so Django is just incredible. I'm still getting used to it, but things are already coming together.

Sup Lambda buddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancavallaro
Sep 10, 2006
My title sucks

floWenoL posted:

By "no code running server-side" do you mean that the client code in the browser talks directly to the database?

No of course not silly, that would be ludicrous! You have to go through all the trouble of POSTing

code:
{ _id: new_id, language: $("#new_language").val(), text: $("#new_text").val() }
to

code:
[url]http://paste.pleasework.net/couchdb/pastes/[/url]