Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

CanSpice posted:

Not really a screenshot but one of the output files:

That's a carbon monoxide map of the centre of the galaxy. My software generated that from raw data after about a day of processing. That map is about two degrees across, so four full moons could fit in there.

This is cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Graal seriously still exists? Wow.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Factor Mystic posted:

Interesting. Why can only pick New York, Silicon Valley, or Other as a US city?

All(?) of the data it uses is from a StackOverflow survey; I assume there was just a lot more info available for those two cities than anywhere else.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Glitch Bear is good.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

hendersa posted:

Z80 instruction set: Here

For additional learning: the actual Game Boy instruction set, which isn't really the Z80 instruction set (there's an easier-to-grasp comparison here, if you're already somewhat familiar with the Z80).

Meat Beat Agent fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 6, 2016

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

65816 assembler

:getin:

Related: here is an unfinished attempt at cramming a SNES program into 256 bytes of ROM. It's kind of painful when you have to burn a lot of it just to initialize the hardware.

The colors are ugly and I'm not all that satisfied with the actual movement yet, but I'm only working with a 32-byte LUT.

(edit: i finished it)

Meat Beat Agent fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Being able to use DMA would have definitely made it look better, but unfortunately I couldn't manage to actually set it up with the extreme ROM size constraint in this case.

Kinda related to that (and to Luigi Thirty's Jaguar post up there) I made another SNES thing last month (64kb this time) that does use plenty of HDMA and also features babby's first attempt at orthographic 3D stuff on a stock cartridge. I guess it came out okay considering the insanely slow CPU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qHBVDgwCiI