Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Desiato
Mar 8, 2006

Thy next foe is...
Red: Robots are scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Blue: you're half-robot already.

edit: Dudes, we need to wait until we get some serious hardware before the murdering spree commences.

Andraste
Oct 22, 2005
yellow, lets get out of this room and get a look around at where we are and what this place is.

robot boy is in the same place we are, so the likelihood of him knowing so much more than us is quite low.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Blue

Maybe he knows where the chainsaw arms are hidden.

And if not, well then he can kick down the closed door. Make friends with Jean Claude Vann Steel Legs.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Orange: Knock him out and then escape!

Why would you knock him out with the syringe and just hang out anyway?

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Blue. This will probably just end up with him babbling at us in incoherent robot-speak, but any opportunity to reap some information is worth a try.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Blue. This will probably just end up with him babbling at us in incoherent robot-speak, but any opportunity to reap some information is worth a try.

This would actually be creepier than my predicted 'joiiiin usssss' style of creepy because robotic babbling would signify total loss of humanity.

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Blue

And see if you can attach the syringe to the arm socket!

Verty
Jul 27, 2007

Oh my god! The puppy orphanage!
BLUE

We need to know what the hell is going on...

Daydream
Jan 1, 2006

JUMP you son of a bitch!
Blue, he looks kind. :shobon:

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

Voting Red because I can.

Thallium
Mar 14, 2007

Nice thread. NOW WHERE IS OUR CHAINSAW ARM?
:siren: Blue wins! Next update in...um...a while. Later today. :siren:

Also, thanks a bunch for all your support, guys. :3:

Kolobus
Mar 9, 2008

Thallium posted:

This is a pretty good thread, what really makes it so far is your ability to draw.

And damnit, you guys are hell bent on getting her killed because of your wants of a chainsaw arm aren't you?

inkwell
Dec 9, 2005
Awesome! I have a creepy feeling about where this is headed, though.

and the art is SOOO cool.

orange crayon
Feb 22, 2007

Stupid
blue because.. where the gently caress are we?

EDIT: i'm late but hey, at least i voted the right choice :D

President Unerlion
May 3, 2008

by Ozmaugh
BLUE because why the gently caress not, we've pretty much done nothing but that so far.

REAL REASON: The kid has augmentation, if we talk to him we can figure out what the place is. He looks healthy(or having half a robot head and robot legs) and mostly happy so this place cant be all bad. Although the broken doors and cracked walls by the operating rooms have me worried.

Hankosha
Apr 1, 2008

SISTAS ARE DOIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES
At some later point we need to kill off a bunch of different robots to steal their parts in order to build a deathbot.

Kolobus
Mar 9, 2008

Hankosha posted:

At some later point we need to kill off a bunch of different robots to steal their parts in order to build a deathbot.
Holy poo poo, this is the greatest idea ever.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.
Blue: Unlike that nurse bot the boy seems to have a soul. Machines with souls can be trusted.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?
I'm not sure why, but regardless of the run-down nature of the place, this seems a lot like the old Pinocchio thing. Just with robot parts on people as opposed to the old guy being and evil genius trying to make an army of cyborgs, although, the possibility still exists.

The art is amazing though, so I'm definitely going to stick around for that.

Good idea on blue though, should give us a bit more insight into what's going on here at all.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Thallium posted:

Draw yourself a custom title. I will buy it for you simply to make your posts easier to find.

Also, fantastic thread!

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
drat it you naive pacifist blue-voting jerks! Did you not notice that his HEAD has been partially replaced by robotic parts? Meaning that his brain has been at least partially roboticized?

Hasn't science fiction taught you anything? Robots built to resemble humans are ALWAYS evil if there's more than one of them.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Holy crap, that's some drat impressive art. And the small animated parts really bring it out even more.
Eagerly waiting to see where this goes.

Thallium
Mar 14, 2007

Nice thread. NOW WHERE IS OUR CHAINSAW ARM?
Obviously, you have a lot of questions for your new friend. Although he seems very happy to see another kid around, he doesn't have many answers for you. He, too, has lost his memory, and all he remembers is his name - Adam.

He does, however, point out that weeks - maybe months - have passed and he has not been allowed to leave. The staff will not tell him when he can go, or where his family is. To make things worse, his robotic legs run off a very limited battery supply that make it impossible for him to escape.

Adam has briefly met other children like you and him - some older, some younger. All of them have been...changed during their time here, some more radically than others. He does not know where they are now.

Now, though, he tells you that it you have a rare opportunity to escape. Although he would love to join you, he knows his legs won't take him far and he doesn't want to hinder you.

You are reluctant to leave him behind but eventually agree and head out of the room.

Choose wisely.

Note: Depending on the consequences of your choices from now on, you may be able to revisit this area.

Stuff:

Photoshop ate about half this update so it took me forever. :argh:

DrPain posted:

Draw yourself a custom title. I will buy it for you simply to make your posts easier to find.
I am very indecisive about custom titles, it is for this reason that I have not bought one for over a year. :saddowns: Thank you very much for offering though. I'll take this as motivation to sort out something decent, and in the meantime will flag up my posts with :siren:'s. Or, well, pictures.

Kahteh
May 14, 2007

Blue - R&D sounds like the best place to go to find out what the hell's going on here.

ItsThatGuy
Jul 12, 2006
You never want to be that guy, or do you?
R&D seems tempting, but we can always come back and find out about her past later.

I say that since the doctor won't install the chainsaw arm now, we install it ourselves by going to the room with the RED sign.

Epiq
Dec 3, 2005

This post is the best!
Yellow Get the hell out of there

Edit: Oh my god, that girl had her whole HEAD robofied!

Ghstman
Apr 14, 2007

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."
RED

No way they will just let us leave like this. We need to prepare ourselves for a slaughter. Perhaps gather a child robot army?

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

Don't worry, it's a very heavy feather.
I don't think that yellow will work, because this story just started and all, so I vote red, maybe we'll find that chainsaw arm after all!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yeah red, since that seems to be where you'd find an arm of some kind.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Red. If it were just a matter of leaving, people would have already left.

IroncladTomato
Oct 29, 2007

"Let me tell you the story of a henchman named Speedy..."
These dudes seems to be pretty threatening to me now. Go the Red path, to robotics, and try to find something that can go in your arm-hole. Something'll probably get in the way if you try to escape now, and having two arms would probably help in the long run anyway (obviously).

Saw A Dog Die
Feb 11, 2008

Blue! For chainsaws.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
Red. Need equipment.

M_E_X
Aug 15, 2006
Gamio Rex
RED
Definitely not the R&D department, that's just looking for trouble with no gain to be had. At least by taking the red path we might get our sought-after chainsaw arm.

joyfulgirl129
Aug 22, 2006

Yellow!

Beat it the gently caress out of there! Come back later with backup and crowbars!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Red. We are getting a motherfucking machine gun arm or else!

And maybe we could find a spare battery pack for Adam. I feel bad about leaving him behind. :smith:

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
The answers we seek lie behind door number Blue

Cannister
Sep 6, 2006

Steadfast & Ignorant
BLUE go find a goddamn chainsaw arm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

RED

We need our chainsaw arm before we're go anywhere else, and anything offensive is going to be in the robotics department. :colbert: