Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Heinekren
Feb 24, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Here in Canada, and perhaps in other markets, Canadian Club Whisky has been running an ad campaign relying on the premise that your Dad used to gently caress a lot of girls. I'm not a marketing wizard, but I've always been under the impression that the less you make a consumer think about their parents loving, the more likely they will buy your product.
Either way, the ads are all about being less of a modern sensitive pussy, and more of a tough dude like your old pop, I guess.

Here's one right here (careful, it's a big .pdf)

They've put an ad-generator on their website, where you can upload one of your own photos. There are three templates to work with. Here's what I came up with, but I'll bet you can do better.

Heinekren fucked around with this message at May 12, 2008 around 15:30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicNinja
May 6, 2008

The implication here is that by drinking Canadian Club, you will get chicks like your mom. No thanks.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

RAGE-A-HOLIC

Almost as shocking as the "Your Father Fucks Wallabies" ad campaign by Fosters.

Montesquieu
Apr 28, 2008

look at this witty text

I managed to get a free whisky tumbler out of this ad campaign via bzzagent.com . Free t-shirt too, which is lame, in my opinion (says "drat right, your dad drank it.")

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Nightmare fuel

I love the one that's something like "Your dad had a van for a reason." Yeah, they probably mean a Shaggin' Wagon but nowadays that makes it sound like he was a pedophile or a sniper.

Mine was both. I hate my father. gently caress Canadian Club.

KillerTwinkie
Sep 11, 2003
I swear it wasn't me...

Grue Bouncer
Nov 19, 2002

Mog
Nov 23, 2006

A framed printout of one of these will make an excellent gift for my half-brother.

Manny Calavera
Apr 2, 2004

From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go;
Thus evermore shall rise to Thee
Glad hymns of praise from land and sea

Lacerta
Oct 16, 2005

Baby, tonight the world belongs to you and I.

I honestly thought the ad was implying that your father slept with men first. He's just cuddling up to that other guy.

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor

Love ya pops.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

holy shit this os has cinepak?!?!?

I'm kind of interpreting it to mean that your dad likes Canadian Club so much that he had sex with it (kinda like "if you like x so much, why don't you marry it?).

pandafan
Jul 19, 2007

nice mattimer
Mar 3, 2008

the wind that shakes the buttcheeks

Canadian Club is the worst poo poo I've ever drank in my life

ShockLobster
Mar 3, 2008

pandafan posted:

HE loving GOT AWAY WITH IT

Sublime.

Mein Eyes!
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

pandafan posted:

Awesome. Also echoing that Canadian Club is awful. If anyone knows of a good whisky coming out of Canada, I'll try it just to change my view of what is true in the world.

nice mattimer
Mar 3, 2008

Wisers is pretty good, but as far as I know it's only available in the west.

Bieeardo
Aug 21, 2000

Someone bold, someone blue, someone borrowed, someone new...

Lobok posted:

I love the one that's something like "Your dad had a van for a reason." Yeah, they probably mean a Shaggin' Wagon but nowadays that makes it sound like he was a pedophile or a sniper.

Mine was both. I hate my father. gently caress Canadian Club.

The first time I saw that ad downtown, I thought it was put up by MADD or something.

Scrape
Apr 10, 2007

i've been sharpening a knife in the bathroom.

dropping in to say that i don't mind canadian club at all, it's got a nice oaky kinda aftertaste and it's smooth as hell.

just saying.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Nightmare fuel

Just saw this over at Torontoist: http://torontoist.com/2008/05/any_club_that_w.php

Shoot The Bear
Apr 20, 2008

Hey man, don't diss all of Canada's liquor. In Newfoundland they make this wonderful thing called Screech. It's like drinking gasoline its so potent. They even hold ceremonies for those that are brave enough to try it, its called 'screeching'. One shot of it and I was already feeling tipsy.

Huckleduck
May 20, 2007
giving you the hucklebuck

OP - from the picture, it appears that your dad's friend was your dad's "first." His male friend. His male friend with the neck beard. If that's what Canadian Club does, I want none of it.

phoenix012345
Nov 6, 2007

by Ozma

Shoot The Bear posted:

Hey man, don't diss all of Canada's liquor. In Newfoundland they make this wonderful thing called Screech. It's like drinking gasoline its so potent. They even hold ceremonies for those that are brave enough to try it, its called 'screeching'. One shot of it and I was already feeling tipsy.

Corn whiskey from the southern States is about as close to pure alcohol as you can get.

Sakamonster
Dec 6, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

pandafan posted:

whoa whoa I am lolling.

This is seriously a bad advertising campaign, but these posters are golden

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Well done, Hopkins!

Lacerta posted:

I honestly thought the ad was implying that your father slept with men first. He's just cuddling up to that other guy.

Huckleduck posted:

OP - from the picture, it appears that your dad's friend was your dad's "first." His male friend. His male friend with the neck beard. If that's what Canadian Club does, I want none of it.

That's pretty much his point, yes.

nice mattimer
Mar 3, 2008

Is that a young Bubbles in the OP?

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

Quick, dirty, and the obvious joke.

FeedbackBsr
Apr 26, 2007

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

KillerTwinkie posted:

gently caress, John C Reilly has really let himself go.

Straker
Nov 10, 2005

professional sex-haver

Mein Eyes! posted:

Awesome. Also echoing that Canadian Club is awful. If anyone knows of a good whisky coming out of Canada, I'll try it just to change my view of what is true in the world.
Americans buy tons of our Crown Royal, not sure if it's any good or if people are dumb or just buy it for the free velvet bag or what though

Penguin Radar
Oct 22, 2005

Months too late

Elbonio
Dec 20, 2006

"EEETAAALAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Elbonio fucked around with this message at May 8, 2008 around 09:55

Ana
Oct 15, 2004

Turn a blind eye

Elbonio posted:

mothefucking OUCH!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do you like steak dinners and sex with handsome men?

Elbonio posted:

Ohhhh that is loving brutal and I'm going to hell for laughing at it.

BiggusDickus
Apr 18, 2008

*edit* Cleaned up version.

BiggusDickus fucked around with this message at May 8, 2008 around 10:40

bandaid
Jan 13, 2008

phoenix012345 posted:

Corn whiskey from the southern States is about as close to pure alcohol as you can get.

Oh god, I got a bottle of that last weekend, it was called Georgia Moon, and came in a mason jar. Granted it was store bought, but it still caused all sorts of troubles

tuyop
Sep 14, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

First thing I thought of when I saw the original.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Incredible

THE HOMO HANDSHAKE
May 21, 2003

nom nom nom

Elbonio posted:

Aw gently caress, that's it. I'm going to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blandly davisham
Mar 21, 2007

by DocEvil

«4 »