Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.

Naked Singularity posted:

The only other book that gave me similar trouble was W.E.B. DuBois' "The Souls of Black Folk." There were interesting parts to the book and it gave me a whole new viewpoint from which to see the Civil War, but most of it was boring anecdotes written in such a way you'd swear the author was trying to put you to sleep.

I had to read excerpts of this for a class and I honestly didn't like it. There were a couple interesting parts (about how they used church as an escape into song and passion), but I hated the writing for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread