Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wlokos
Nov 12, 2007

Lackloss posted:

The Scarlet Letter- this is one book that I don't think I would have ever read if it was not mandatory in one of my classes, I still didn't finish it. It spend several pages talking about a rose bush in front of a prison. Come on.

I had to read Scarlet Letter for a class, and it was incredibly painful. So painful, in fact, that I managed to get within three chapters of the end, but by that point was so completely bored and tired of it that I pretty much refused to read a single page more and just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wlokos
Nov 12, 2007

I was going to try to read Ulysses, but after about ten pages I decided that I simply didn't have the energy to attempt to get through the book right now. I enjoyed what I read, but I'm not up for a seven hundred page stream-of-consciousness epic at the moment. I'll give it a go some other time.

wlokos
Nov 12, 2007

"TheSpiritFox posted:

Also, my wife made me read Ender's Game and I'm stuck on page two of the sequel to that.

The "parallel novel" Ender's Shadow is pretty much the real sequel to Ender's Game. If you enjoyed Ender's Game, then Shadow is probably the next book you want to read.

• Locked thread