Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
Deceased Crab
Dec 31, 2006

You're going to pay for this!!!

Let's Play Tyrian 2000!

What is Tyrian?
Tyrian is a top-down shooter from Epic released in 1995. Tyrian has a very good powerup system, good combat, good fun. It has your standard arcade mode chock full of powerups and secrets, but also a detailed story mode that allows you to purchase weapons you want, pick between levels, and suffer through a mediocre plot.

What is Tyrian 2000?
Tyrian 2000 is a free rerelease of Tyrian by XSIV games with an extra episode, new weapons, and other assorted gimmicks. I will be LPing Tyrian 2000.

Why Tyrian?
By request. Someone did me a favor and helped me solve a puzzle that had stumped me for 3 years. I gave them an opportunity to pick a game for me to LP, and they said Tyrian. I smiled. Tyrian's a good game, difficult, silly, and downright fun.

Where can I get Tyrian 2000?
Here, of course.

What is the story here?
Too long to explain. Basically, your Hazudra (lizard-guy) friend named Buce has been killed. You're next. Go get revenge. The entire writeup, with spoilers as you go farther down, is located Here.

How many paths are there through the game?
There's a variety of branching paths. We won't see them all. Most levels are quite similar to each other. We'll pick a single path through the many branching levels. You can suggest which route I take, but I might choose another route in favor of a secret level or another.

What kind of Weapons are there?
Too many. Too many weapons, ships, and items. Too many to list individually. I'll show them off a little bit in the videos when I get to weapon buying, and I'll listen to suggestions on what to use next. Unlike many of my LPs, I'll be doing this one video at a time, so expect non-daily updates but a more responsive LP. But there is a Hot Dog cannon. And Banana Blasts. And Tangerine wave beams.

What wha-
HEY EVERYONE Let's Play Tyrian 2000!!!

Videos
======
Video 1: Tyrian
Video 2: Soh Jin

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NINbuntu 64
Feb 10, 2007

Deceased Crab posted:

Wow. Just wow.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

I'm kind of curious as to why you never addressed anything regarding to the stuff I had mentioned to you before about the multiple source uploads, as well as the time it takes for post commentary to be introduced, you know. Also, there was a recording issue for me as well so I had to redo it.

It was about a full hour's worth of time spread over a couple of days because I didn't just post it when Duet was seen to be very quiet with nothing wrong on my end or Static's end. So... why don't you apply yourself to your stuff too to improve it if you mention you 'don't have enough time' to upload to other sources or do a bit more work on your videos?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

"In economic terms, intrinsic value is a meaningless term. Water and food have intrinsic value only if they do not occur in abundance. If they occur in abundance, even water and food have no intrinsic value. Nothing has intrinsic value unless it is rare. Scarcity gives intrinsic value."

Really, DC? You're going to ignore 4 pages of criticism about you and your LPs, close the thread, and then reopen the exact same thread like two hours later and expect it not to continue?

Whatever.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Fuck Snakes

Blister fucked around with this message at May 12, 2008 around 11:25

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!

I look forward to reading the first post of this thread, and no other part of it ever.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

can a nigga get an alt video host

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Wow dude I wish I was delusional enough to think I could pull something like this and not get any flak. Seriously, I could just sit in an easy chair, become obese and die happy without ever realizing there was anything wrong.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

I'm amazed that you people just keep going and going. Do we really need a quality police force in the LP forums? If something is crap, people wont watch it. That's it. There's no grand plan. There's no need for external intervention. There's absolutely no bloody reason to start behaving like monkeys with only one banana left on the ground when there's tons of em still on the trees, ripe to be picked.

You people want to do this poo poo? Go to YCS, or helldump, or where-ever the hell you people go to jerk off on each others faces.

Let people who enjoy LPs enjoy them.
If at some point I'm not interested in watching anymore; guess what. I'll just stop watching. Woopdebloodywoop.

PS. I don't mind people giving advice, I just hate the poo poo throwing fanboys.

Filburt Shellbach
Nov 6, 2007

Apni tackat say tujay aaj mitta juu gaa!

So did anyone notice that he called us La-Mulanites in the second video? Whoops!

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

well tbh I just wanna jerk off in your face zaq

Woopdebloodywoop

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Fuck Snakes

Zaq posted:

I'm amazed that you people just keep going and going. Do we really need a quality police force in the LP forums? If something is crap, people wont watch it. That's it. There's no grand plan. There's no need for external intervention. There's absolutely no bloody reason to start behaving like monkeys with only one banana left on the ground when there's tons of em still on the trees, ripe to be picked.

You people want to do this poo poo? Go to YCS, or helldump, or where-ever the hell you people go to jerk off on each others faces.

If at some point I'm not interested in watching anymore; guess what. I'll just stop watching. Woopdebloodywoop.

PS. I don't mind people giving advice, I just hate the poo poo throwing fanboys.

Not listening to advice and then responding like his poo poo doesn't smell, he starts a new thread. That deserves a poo poo storm, you can't hide your shame by closing a thread.

I'm also a undercover forum detective, hands on your head and spread those cheeks

Blister fucked around with this message at May 12, 2008 around 11:30

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

Gotta spin up!

Zaq posted:

Oh sorry I'm not listening because I do not want to listen to criticism

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

"In economic terms, intrinsic value is a meaningless term. Water and food have intrinsic value only if they do not occur in abundance. If they occur in abundance, even water and food have no intrinsic value. Nothing has intrinsic value unless it is rare. Scarcity gives intrinsic value."

Zaq posted:

I'll be perfectly honest, if DC wasn't a couple douchebag in other threads and hadn't slung poo poo at me on several occasions, I wouldn't even think twice about his threads. But to throw stones when you pump out 530 of the same god-awful half-assed mediocre one-source videos annoys me. His videos are awful, it's the same crap over and over again, he consistantly has the one of the lowest average voting scores of any LPer, yet he never takes a word of advice and actually gets ANGRY when people call him out on his mediocrity. And he discourages user content because he knows that pretty much any videos posted not made by him will take away from HIS GLORY!

So, in short, he deserves this, so gently caress him and gently caress you too.

This isn't nerd rage or any other sort of rage. I'm not angry at all. But to speak in terms that SA members should understand (a quote from Achewood), "Guy's a douche." It's past time someone called him out on it.

Proteus4994 fucked around with this message at May 12, 2008 around 11:41

ATM Machine
Aug 20, 2007

I paid $5 for this

Spinning Robo posted:

Oh sorry I'm not listening because I do not want to listen to criticism

Quick close the thread

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

Blister posted:

I'm also a undercover forum detective, hands on your head and spread those cheeks

How can I spread them cheeks if my hands are on my head? Is that what the bomb robots are really used for?

Filburt Shellbach
Nov 6, 2007

Blister posted:

Not listening to advice and then responding like his poo poo doesn't smell, he starts a new thread. That deserves a poo poo storm, you can't hide your shame by closing a thread.

You have an unhealthy obsession with exrementexcrement, sir!

edit: thanks jawbroken for the typo heads-up

Filburt Shellbach fucked around with this message at May 12, 2008 around 14:38

Herr Roboto
Jul 20, 2006

by Ozma

In 5 days we will have a full page with Tyrian 2000 threads.

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.

This might be appropriate

Filburt Shellbach
Nov 6, 2007

Here's a handy link to the previous Tyrian thread, if any newcomers are wondering what the gently caress. Strange that it didn't make it into the OP.

Filburt Shellbach fucked around with this message at May 12, 2008 around 11:50

NINbuntu 64
Feb 10, 2007

Hey everyone, let's play Tyrian!

Viddler
Check it out, Dailymotion!
Forsooth! Google video!
Have at thee, Vimeo!
Veoh too? You dirty slut, Tyrian!

NINbuntu 64 fucked around with this message at May 12, 2008 around 12:47

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

I have an actual legitimate question here.

DC has his subscribers on Youtube, right? And it's clear that he really doesn't value our suggestions enough to actually change things. So why does he post LPs here? Why doesn't he just post his videos on Youtube and skip the SA middleman completely? Seems like it would solve everyone's problem to me. DC wouldn't have to listen to people "nitpick" his videos, and the rest of us could just kinda forget he exists (and anyone who likes DC's videos could just subscribe to his Youtube account). Everyone wins.

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.

Deceased Crab posted:

Welp, I leave for the day and come back to this. Great.
Well for one, framrate, asking for framerate is a quality issue, I answered, as I said before THERE WILL BE MORE STUFF ON SCREEN LATER WHICH WILL MAKE THIS GOOD LOOKING GAME LOOK CRAP. You seem to have disregarded this part of my

I didn't say anything about normal difficulty, but really, you shouldn't LP a game you're not good enough to play.

And lastly regarding giving you feedback that you need to make this a good LP, this here is a forum.

fo·rum
1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

We like to discuss things in here, you know this don't act surprised.

Deceased Crab posted:

So what I'm hearing is, you're all upset because you don't think I put enough effort into my LPs.

Okay, so I might be lazy. And? I mean, I could spend all of my time working on improving my videos for the internet. Or, I could continue doing what I've been doing, and making videos for the internet with new content, because it still works. Yes, I must be phenomenally lazy not to stop, drop, and roll everytime a minor glitch shows up. Or I could just roll with it, because it's not a big deal.

As much as I'd love to change everything about how I make these everytime a minor concern shows up, I really don't. I could spend all my time refining process, or I could just continue to make content at an acceptable level and not lose any sleep over it.

Dude if you can't waste 5 or 10 extra minutes and perhaps post later in the day, then gently caress you, really, what kind of rear end in a top hat can't take the time to do something right rather than phoning it in.
THIS IS A GOOD GAME IT SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH

Oh and if you don't want people to post links to other videos on youtube with people playing much better than you, then you should probably stop posting stuff like this:

Deceased Crab posted:

What wha-
HEY EVERYONE Let's Play Tyrian 2000!!!

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

Flying Mariachi posted:

Viddler
Dailymotion coming!
Google Video coming!

This is like a gift from the heavens above. Our Flying Mariachi is an awesome Flying Mariachi.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

cKnoor posted:

THIS IS A GOOD GAME IT SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH

I think this is the exact reason why THIS thread is the one that has garnered so much DC criticism. Tyrian is one of my favorite games of all time, and as opposed to games like Amazing Penguin or La Mulana, I actually give a poo poo about seeing Tyrian done well. I think a lot of people have fond memories of this game, which is why this in particular has caused an outlash.

Of course, that's not to say it hasn't been building up for a while.

Edit:

Flying Mariachi posted:

Remove the video links.

Proteus4994 fucked around with this message at May 12, 2008 around 12:00

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

Proteus4994 posted:

Really, DC? You're going to ignore 4 pages of criticism about you and your LPs, close the thread, and then reopen the exact same thread like two hours later and expect it not to continue?

Whatever.

Actually, there's about one page of criticism and two of absolute trolling.

Zaq posted:

WELL IF YOU WANT TO WALLOW IN poo poo WHATEVER

Brain In A Jar
Apr 20, 2008

Deceased Crab posted:

Unlike many of my LPs, I'll be doing this one video at a time, so expect non-daily updates but a more responsive LP.

Deceased Crab posted:

expect non-daily updates but a more responsive LP.

Deceased Crab posted:

a more responsive LP.

Deceased Crab posted:

responsive

You heard the man, folks. Personally I'm hoping that DC will take some of our suggestions on board, and we can see some even more fantastic videos. After all, quality is what seperates the LP subforum from mediocre YouTube LPs, right?

Herr Roboto
Jul 20, 2006

by Ozma

Deceased Crab posted:

Video 2: Soh Jin
Jesus christ, stop to run in every loving thing! Ok, let's ignore that you can't take advices, let's ignore that you rant instead of replying with arguments, let's ignore that you rather close a thread than answer, let's ignore every other lovely LP you've done. What's left: You really suck at this game!
You fly into loving everything and die. On normal. And then I closed the video.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...

And for what it's worth, if you're taking a vote for the next level, I vote Asteroid 1.

Mindy Tyrone
Mar 16, 2007

I am a believer, are you?

raptus
Nov 10, 2004
- And he said "Grararararararargh" and I believed him!

What the gently caress is this about alternate video hosts, youtube seems just fine to me.

Also asteroid1!

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Voted 5.

I'd rather watch a video of DC sucking for ten minutes than listen to any of the rest of you. You can't post fifty pages of complaints about how he's not good enough at a DOS game and if he'd only used Ogg Tarkin or whatever his framerate wouldn't suck and then claim it's not nerd rage. The videos look fine, DC is still hilarious, and he's talking about the game a lot.

If so many people are complaining about his LP then surely one of you can just run one of his own or grow up or whatever.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

George posted:

Voted 5.

I'd rather watch a video of DC sucking for ten minutes than listen to any of the rest of you. You can't post fifty pages of complaints about how he's not good enough at a DOS game and if he'd only used Ogg Tarkin or whatever his framerate wouldn't suck and then claim it's not nerd rage. The videos look fine, DC is still hilarious, and he's talking about the game a lot.

If so many people are complaining about his LP then surely one of you can just run one of his own or grow up or whatever.

Hey do you post in the Metroid Prime thread too?

Herr Roboto
Jul 20, 2006

by Ozma

George posted:

I'd rather watch a video of DC sucking for ten minutes than listen to any of the rest of you.
Subscribe to his youtube account, don't come in here.

bathroomrage
Mar 5, 2007

Pleasant dreams.

Everything about this LP, from the arguing in the thread itself, to DC doing absolutely terribly at the game sucks.

Hey, DeceasedCrab, maybe you uh, should play a game you're good at. You don't do the whole "HE'S BAD AT IT GET IT IT'S FUNNY IT'S FAILURE" angle too well.

Hoodi
Jan 13, 2008

I would love to be your chamber-boy.

Proteus4994 posted:

I have an actual legitimate question here.

DC has his subscribers on Youtube, right? And it's clear that he really doesn't value our suggestions enough to actually change things. So why does he post LPs here? Why doesn't he just post his videos on Youtube and skip the SA middleman completely? Seems like it would solve everyone's problem to me. DC wouldn't have to listen to people "nitpick" his videos, and the rest of us could just kinda forget he exists (and anyone who likes DC's videos could just subscribe to his Youtube account). Everyone wins.

To be honest I was already wondering this. What do you hope to get out of SA, crabman?

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

E: Not worth it, been up too late.

Garin fucked around with this message at May 12, 2008 around 15:31

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

I'll try to be as clear and concise as possible to avoid confusion.

I don't know DC personally.
He is just a random dude, who makes videos for people to watch on the internet.
I enjoy watching some of those videos.
I don't care if he flays kittens as a hobby, or if he's a douche, as long as he doesn't talk about them while he's playing.
I don't think he should have remade the thread, that was unnecessary.

As for the quality control.
I'm sure you're aware that there's a handy 'bookmark' feature on these forums, where you can follow the threads you want with ease.
No need to 'wallow in poo poo' as someone so eloquently put it.
"poo poo" threads will quickly be forgotten and with no replies, they'll be pushed down to the archives. Unless the LPer him or herself still wishes to produce the thread, even if no one is there to read it, or if there's only one person interested. I see nothing wrong with that, as long as he/she doesn't spam the forums.

If you think you can give the LPer good tips and advice, please do so, just don't be an rear end about it.

If you think you can do a better job, please do so.

If you think other people's tastes are horrible poo poo, keep it to yourself, that's not what the thread is for.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Herr Roboto posted:

Subscribe to his youtube account, don't come in here.

No, see, I totally already read your post. I just think you should stop worrying about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan

Zaq posted:

I'll try to be as clear and concise as possible to avoid confusion.

I don't know DC personally.
He is just a random dude, who makes videos for people to watch on the internet.
I enjoy watching some of those videos.
I don't care if he flays kittens as a hobby, or if he's a douche, as long as he doesn't talk about them while he's playing.
I don't think he should have remade the thread, that was unnecessary.

As for the quality control.
I'm sure you're aware that there's a handy 'bookmark' feature on these forums, where you can follow the threads you want with ease.
No need to 'wallow in poo poo' as someone so eloquently put it.
"poo poo" threads will quickly be forgotten and with no replies, they'll be pushed down to the archives. Unless the LPer him or herself still wishes to produce the thread, even if no one is there to read it, or if there's only one person interested. I see nothing wrong with that, as long as he/she doesn't spam the forums.

If you think you can give the LPer good tips and advice, please do so, just don't be an rear end about it.

If you think you can do a better job, please do so.

If you think other people's tastes are horrible poo poo, keep it to yourself, that's not what the thread is for.

Jesus Christ dude just don't do this.

«6 »