Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I have a couple of things I want to get rid of, sorry for the low quality pictures the camera on my phone sucks.

First is an EHX Metal Muff.

Its in perfect condition, never been gigged, been used a handful of times. Its an excellent pedal for metal of all types, only reason I didnt use it much is I got a toneport pretty soon after which replaced all my gear.

Second up is a Danelectro Milkshake Chorus.

This one is a bit more used than the MM, its been gigged a couple of times and the logo on the front is worn off, but other than that it works perfectly. Really nice chorus on it too, goes from very light to full and rich.

Last pedal is this, an Arion Metal Master.

Although this is called Metal Master honestly it sounds more like a fuzz pedal. Its pretty nice for fuzzy distortion but unfortunatly not very good for metal type tones. Been used quite a bit but still in near perfect condition.

Last item is this Behringer xenyx 502.

Its a nice little board and has a mic preamp on channel one. Would probably get use in a small laptop/hardware synth setup where you only need a couple of channels.

The stuff I want is, in order ( :v: ), a pod xt, some kind of midi foot controller with an expression pedal that works with a pod xt or cash. Obviously for the pod or foot controller I would throw some money over as well as some/all of the items.

I live in the UK so please take shipping costs into consideration if you want any of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.

bisticles posted:

edit: why not just get an FS-5U and plug that into your DD-6 for tap tempo?

it doesn't have an external tap tempo switch. You have to hold the pedal down to access the "tap" mode. I currently run it with a true-bypass looper, that way I keep it constantly in tap mode, and use the bypass looper to switch the effect on and off. This creates problems of its own.

I want one with an external tap, so a DD-5 or DD-7 (which isn't a really fair trade...)

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

JumboJetDreams posted:

Let me know if the blue box falls through, I'd most certainly be interested.

As for the DD-6, it doesn't support external tap tempo. Or if it does I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect an external switch. I've just been using my bassists EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai which I like a lot more anyways.

Oh wow, you're right... no external tap tempo input. I just traded my DD5 towards a DD20, otherwise I would have helped you out on that too. I'll let you know if the deal falls through on the Blue Box.

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com
I'm lazy so here's what I posted on the talkbass.com forums:

my lazy rear end posted:

Up for sale/trade is a set of Bartolini J-pickups and an OBP-1, all pre-wired to a control panel. Rumor has it that this bass had its upgrades done by the same guy that built basses for Chris Squire of Yes.

These came out of a poorly reliced MIM Fender J-Bass that belonged to another TB'er that I am refinishing/rewiring. I already have a bass with an OBP-1 in it so I'm looking to go a different direction with its sound.

Sale price: $150 shipped
Will trade for: A set of value-comparable J's.

I'm not really sure what the resale value of these things is, but I think since it's prewired that it's worth a little more Camera-phone pics will be put up when I'm home from work (~5pm CST)

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Once again... Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube 80watt amp, original owner, bought in 95 or so, first gen.

Entertaining offers.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

JumboJetDreams posted:

Let me know if the blue box falls through, I'd most certainly be interested.

As for the DD-6, it doesn't support external tap tempo. Or if it does I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect an external switch. I've just been using my bassists EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai which I like a lot more anyways.

The buyer came through on the Blue Box, so I can't trade that with you.

On a side note, I just traded my DD5 and some cash for a DD20. I really like being able to keep presets stored, and the modes are really nice sounding.

JumboJetDreams
Jun 3, 2008

bisticles posted:

On a side note, I just traded my DD5 and some cash for a DD20. I really like being able to keep presets stored, and the modes are really nice sounding.

I've never really checked out the DD-20. I've always figured that if I'm going to spend that much money on a non-boutique delay then I would just get the Line 6 DL-4.

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.

bisticles posted:

I tried out the DD-20, and didnt really care for it. I figured if Im paying that much for a pedal with features I wouldn't use, why bother... (since I didnt think Id use the large number of features). I got a RE-20 instead, and I love the delay I get out of this thing, and I can get some dual-delay sounds that are great.

I found someone to take my DD-6 off my hands for me, now if I could find a DD-5 for somewhere between 80-90..........

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Whoop, lookin' for a tremolo pedal. I might trade a guitar (Peavey T-15) for a REALLY good one. Tap tempo preferred.

Still have some guitars and cases and stuff, too.

edit: And I might as well ask now, is there such thing as like a dynamic distortion/OD pedal? I'd like something that reacts more to how I play, like if I'm playing softly it'd sound clean/very light OD but if I attack harder it distorts more. Does this exist? Is it even possible?

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Carbohydrates posted:

Whoop, lookin' for a tremolo pedal. I might trade a guitar (Peavey T-15) for a REALLY good one. Tap tempo preferred.

Still have some guitars and cases and stuff, too.

edit: And I might as well ask now, is there such thing as like a dynamic distortion/OD pedal? I'd like something that reacts more to how I play, like if I'm playing softly it'd sound clean/very light OD but if I attack harder it distorts more. Does this exist? Is it even possible?

Try the Fulltone DP-1. It's pretty responsive. The Fulldrive2 is similarly dynamic, but it's an od/boost. Also- check out the voodoo labs sparkle drive.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Carbohydrates posted:

I'm really happy with the Fulltone OCD. It's a got a big sound when driven, but you can easily back up and get it to just a little bit of tubey breakup.

Check this out.

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.

Carbohydrates posted:

^^^^^
Fulltone!

The most obvious contender IMHO, is the Fulltone OCD. It is tremendously dynamic for a non-tube overdive, by virtue of the circuit itself. This website has an interesting description and review of the different versions: http://www.pedalarea.com/ocd.htm

I am GASing for one of these eventually...

Or you could just use your tube amp to get you that sound. Fender amps are great for this (deville and deluxe). How about any of the numerous tube-based overdrive pedals:
EHX English Muff'n
Zendrive 2
Some stuff from Tubeworks

e: beaten

BluePepper
Jun 7, 2008

bisticles posted:

I've got a couple of pedals that I wouldn't mind turning into something else.

Proco Vintage Reissue Rat - Big honkin black metal box with no LED. Classy

CS-3 Compressor Sustainer w/ Monte Allums mod - The stock CS-3 is hissy and lame. This mod makes it actually do something. Note that this is one of the older ACA pedals, so you'll either need to power it with a battery or hook it up to a daisy chain or power distribution unit.

MXR M-103 Blue Box Script Reissue - You've got your fuzz in my octaver! You've got your octaver in my fuzz!. With box.

Maxon CS-505 Stereo Chorus - Really nice chorus that sounds similar to the Boss CS-2 to me. With box.

MXR Distortion 3 (M-115) - Nice growly tube-like distortion. With box.

Looking for something like an interesting delay/mod pedal.

I see you let the Blue Box go on eBay - would you be interested in selling the MXR Dist III and/or ProCo Rat (I'm sorry, I don't really have anything to trade...)

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

BluePepper posted:

I see you let the Blue Box go on eBay - would you be interested in selling the MXR Dist III and/or ProCo Rat (I'm sorry, I don't really have anything to trade...)

Sorry, I unloaded the Distortion 3, and I'm going to hang onto the Rat.

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!

PoorPeteBest posted:

I have an Artcore AS83:

I'm still looking to trade this. I also have a Bean Blossom banjo in excellent condition:

More

I am looking for a Boss RC-20XL and an octave pedal that gets a good bass sound out of guitar. I would also consider a guitar with P-90's like a double cutaway Les Paul or a Reverend Daredevil.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PoorPeteBest posted:

I'm still looking to trade this. I also have a Bean Blossom banjo in excellent condition:

More

I am looking for a Boss RC-20XL and an octave pedal that gets a good bass sound out of guitar. I would also consider a guitar with P-90's like a double cutaway Les Paul or a Reverend Daredevil.

Not trading mine... but look for an EHX MicroPOG for the octaver.

The Sandwich Maker
Feb 19, 2008

You want a sandwich? Have a sandwich. Have a danish.

PoorPeteBest posted:

More

Would you be interested in some combo of this

and/or cash for both that banjo and the Artcore? I'm in Omaha, too, if you wanna work something out this weekend.

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!

The Sandwich Maker posted:

and/or cash for both that banjo and the Artcore? I'm in Omaha, too, if you wanna work something out this weekend.

Thanks for the offer but I've tried out that model and just wasn't digging it. drat, that would have worked perfect being in the same city and all. Sorry man.

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It
I have an Italia Mondial bass. I bought it in December of 2003. Its in good condition and everything is in working order. I have it strung up with flatwound black nylon strings, which the original owner put on it. I liked the strings so much, that I never changed them.

Stuff I would dig on: MicroKORG, cello (although I'd probably would have to cough up some cash on my end), EBS Valvedrive + cash, and bass parts (bridge, ultralight tuners, pots and caps, etc.). I dunno. I'll also take straight out cash on the bass.

I'm also in Orange County, so if some OC or socal goons want to see the bass or something that would make shipping a ton easier.

zilong
Jun 14, 2007
;o;
Hey goons

I have a Line 6 Toneport UX1 and a Duncan Invader lying around, both in pretty good condition. Any interest in trades? In particular, I could use a good single coil neck pickup or a guitar mic, such as a Shure SM57. If your items worth more, I'd be willing to put some cash in. I don't frequent Musician's Lounge, but I'll make sure to check in every now and then.

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com
Up for sale is my very first bass guitar, yay!

I purchased it when attending what is now the McNally/Smith College of Music in downtown St. Paul Minnesota. It was for sale in their bookstore/instrument rental shop for $50 including stand so I bought it. I later realized what a rare bird this thing is. The neck is slightly fatter than other P-Basses I've played, akin to the neck on the Mike Dirnt bass, and it is incredibly straight. Also there are no body contours; it's just a flat slab of wood that no pickguard will fit :D

Modifications include an Aguilar OBP-1 and a set of Bartolini's. This thing is a tone monster. The guy that I had to the modifications is really at the top of his game and it looks very professional. I'd really like to sell it (lookin to get around 300), but I sure could use an Avatar 8ohm 2x10

PICTURES :frogsiren:

:ninja:this is also on the talkbass forums

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Rifter17 posted:

I have an Italia Mondial bass. I bought it in December of 2003. Its in good condition and everything is in working order. I have it strung up with flatwound black nylon strings, which the original owner put on it. I liked the strings so much, that I never changed them.

Stuff I would dig on: MicroKORG, cello (although I'd probably would have to cough up some cash on my end), EBS Valvedrive + cash, and bass parts (bridge, ultralight tuners, pots and caps, etc.). I dunno. I'll also take straight out cash on the bass.

I'm also in Orange County, so if some OC or socal goons want to see the bass or something that would make shipping a ton easier.

I've been looking at those basses, how do you like yours (even though you're selling)?

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
I really, really hate to do this, but I'm selling my Reverend Charger HB Prototype. Only 12 made (technically 24 - 12 Honey, 12 Cherry). This one is serial number-less

$500 + shipping in a gigbag.

I don't have a hard case, but there's a reverend dealer nearby. If you want a new hardcase, I can get one for you.

Since I need the cash, I'm not really looking for anything else. However, if you have a nice MIJ Telecaster in an interesting color...

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It

screammachine posted:

I've been looking at those basses, how do you like yours (even though you're selling)?

Honestly, I really dig the tone. Its deep, its fat, and there's no top end. You have to be careful not to lose definition. Of course I've only played it with flats because that's how I dig it. The playability is wonderful. Its roughly a P-bass neck that has been finished black. The build quality is up there, but you can't intonate the bridge (its Hofner style with a piezo underneath). I always imagined using the dual outputs, but I never got around to it unfortunately.

The reason I'm selling it is because its heavy and neck dives. You think a bass with a plastic body would be light, but there's a huge chunk of wood in there. Some people don't mind neck dive, and that's up to the individual. Also I had back surgery in 3rd grade and again in 8th grade. So heavy bass + spine surgery = no good. It sucks that generally everything bass is super heavy.

I wanted to keep the tone but lose the weight, so I bought an Epiphone Allen Woody Rumblekat to replace it. Thus I must sell it. But if you dig the retro look, want something that will really get low, and can deal with some neck dive and weight then I would recommend it. I have a dodge-y recording of me playing My Funny Valentine in a latin style with it if you want, I can try throwing that up.

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen

Susano-maku da! posted:

I really, really hate to do this, but I'm selling my Reverend Charger HB Prototype. Only 12 made (technically 24 - 12 Honey, 12 Cherry). This one is serial number-less

$500 + shipping in a gigbag.

I don't have a hard case, but there's a reverend dealer nearby. If you want a new hardcase, I can get one for you.

Since I need the cash, I'm not really looking for anything else. However, if you have a nice MIJ Telecaster in an interesting color...

I'd love to take this off your hands, but not for another month or two. Gorgeous guitar!

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
I have a Digitech Whammy IV, a Boss TR-2 Tremolo, and a Digitech Metal Master (not pictured) that I'm willing to part with. The two pictured are in new condition. just throwing these out there to see if anyone has anything I may be interested in.

Freshwater Louie
Jun 22, 2004

fffffffff

Hiroshima Tan Lines posted:

I have a '90/91 Mesa Boogie Mark IV (version A, for those who know and/or care) and/or a Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 that I'm willing to part with. The Mark IV has a new footswitch, and the cabinet is only a year old. The cabinet would be perfect except for a tear in the grill where I let a piece of metal fall into it. The speaker's fine, though. :doh:

I'm located in Canada and would prefer to trade there, but I guess continental U.S. would be fine as long as you're willing to deal with shipping costs.

I'm looking for a nice jazz box of equal value, if anyone has one...

EDIT: I also have a 2005 Ibanez SZ2020FM. Pictures available on request.

The offer still stands. I'll also sell them if anyone doesn't have anything for trade.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

The Sandwich Maker posted:

What price would you put on this? Just to give me an idea of what to offer for trade.

46 and Tom
Jan 18, 2005
Crispian
I don't know how many UK people are in ML but if anyone wants to trade an MS2000 for a Microkorg plus cash then I'm down. (I'm the one with the mk) There is also an Akai MPD24 which is practically new out of the box that I'd swap for something interesting.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?

Schatten posted:

I'd love to take this off your hands, but not for another month or two. Gorgeous guitar!

If it's still available by then, it's yours.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
I'm about to put this on ebay but I figured I'd post it here just in case anybody wants it. This is a USA G&L SB-2, I bought it about a month ago and played one show with it and it's a killer bass in excellent condition. The only reason I'm looking to get rid of it is about a week ago I found a SB-2 in blueburst with a maple fretboard, and I bought it because that's almost the exact same color scheme as my Sterling and I wanted to have matching basses. This SB-2 has the tone mod, which if you're unaware SB-2s come stock with just two volume knobs. This was professionally done so you have 2 stacked volume knobs and then your second knob is a tone knob that works with both pickups. It comes with a SKB case that I can take a picture of if anybody cares.

For trades I'd be looking for something like a Lakland skyline Duck Dunn, possibly a Lakland skyline Bob Glaub, a Reverend 4 string bass, or a Sterling. I might consider something like the Line 6 Variax bass or a Fender Aerodyne jazz if you'd be willing to throw in some cash. I'll also just sell it outright for $750. I'll leave this up for a few days then it's going off to ebay.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Josh Wow posted:

I'm about to put this on ebay but I figured I'd post it here just in case anybody wants it. This is a USA G&L SB-2, I bought it about a month ago and played one show with it and it's a killer bass in excellent condition. The only reason I'm looking to get rid of it is about a week ago I found a SB-2 in blueburst with a maple fretboard, and I bought it because that's almost the exact same color scheme as my Sterling and I wanted to have matching basses. This SB-2 has the tone mod, which if you're unaware SB-2s come stock with just two volume knobs. This was professionally done so you have 2 stacked volume knobs and then your second knob is a tone knob that works with both pickups. It comes with a SKB case that I can take a picture of if anybody cares.

For trades I'd be looking for something like a Lakland skyline Duck Dunn, possibly a Lakland skyline Bob Glaub, a Reverend 4 string bass, or a Sterling. I might consider something like the Line 6 Variax bass or a Fender Aerodyne jazz if you'd be willing to throw in some cash. I'll also just sell it outright for $750. I'll leave this up for a few days then it's going off to ebay.

If someone doesn't jump on this immediately, I'll have lost all faith in humanity.

franc0ph0bic
Oct 26, 2007
Alright ive finally decided to rework my pedalboard. For trade ive got two Danelectro pedals - a Wasabi Overdrive and a Fish and Chips EQ (if you really want I can get pictures, but they are both in PERFECT condition). I am interested in a distortion pedal of any kind, but id love it to have a tone stack of some kind. Big Muff, Rat, or any other distortion. I am just trying to consolidate a bit and just have one pedal that can get me all of my heavy sounds.

Flamadiddle
May 9, 2004

I have a Marshall JMP-1 Preamp which I've newly revalved with Electro Harmonix 12AX7s. It's in full working order and sounds great, but I've got a new combo and don't need it anymore. I'm not really looking for anything in particular, but am open to offers.

Also, I'm based in the UK. That's probably worth mentioning.

The Sandwich Maker
Feb 19, 2008

You want a sandwich? Have a sandwich. Have a danish.

Zarlog posted:

What price would you put on this? Just to give me an idea of what to offer for trade.

To be honest, I just really wanted a cheap banjo and an Artcore, so I was greedily hoping for an opportunity to get both. I think he picked up a gorgeous Reverend instead, so I'm just gonna hang onto the Hagstrom. Sorry, man.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

3toes posted:

If someone doesn't jump on this immediately, I'll have lost all faith in humanity.

If had 750$ I would. That thing is gorgeous.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on
EDIT: Hmmmm.. actually I'll have to think about this.

Imaduck fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 15, 2008

ONE- TWO- TESTING
Nov 4, 2006

by Fragmaster

Flamadiddle posted:

I have a Marshall JMP-1 Preamp which I've newly revalved with Electro Harmonix 12AX7s. It's in full working order and sounds great, but I've got a new combo and don't need it anymore. I'm not really looking for anything in particular, but am open to offers.

Also, I'm based in the UK. That's probably worth mentioning.

Would you be interested in a Pod Pro (the rack version) with the FB4 foot switch?

I'm in the UK too.

Flamadiddle
May 9, 2004

I really would, actually. Got an e-mail address?

Flamadiddle fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 17, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE- TWO- TESTING
Nov 4, 2006

by Fragmaster
It's arc130468@yahoo.co.uk