Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

Turanga posted:

Hi, I'm looking for the name of game of a kid's PC game (possibly late 90's).

It's about a fat kid (Arnold was his name, maybe) who travels through US states looking for his stuffed animals that have kidnapped. In between levels you ride along the road collecting points or tokens or something and avoiding obstacles.

Used to love it but cannot for the life of me remember the name!
This sounds like it could be Arcade America. I had a demo of this game on my Pentium back in 1996, and it seems pretty similar to what you described with the whole travelling across the USA thing, though the fat guy's name is Joey and not Arnold. I'm not sure about the in-between road levels, though, since the demo only had the first world. Still, it might be what you're looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

the real blah posted:

There was this adventure game from the mid 90s that I found on a mail-order shareware CD from a company called Software USA.

I remember some of the puzzles, but I never ended up finishing it. You started off on a bus going to visit your eccentric uncle/grandfather/something like that. When you get to his house you found some device (a cane?) that allowed you to travel to different dimensions using 4 digit codes. The first place was some fascist state and you had to solve a puzzle in the newspaper to get the prize money to buy another dimensional travel device that was confiscated by the government. At that point you went from dimension to dimension picking up item after item trying to find your uncle or whatever. It was a pretty simple solve puzzle -> get item -> use item to progress to next puzzle -> repeat kind of thing.

There was a pyramid you had to climb by solving riddles, a spider-web bridge that required special shoes to cross, a science museum where you had to solve science themed puzzles, and a monastery themed maze with a ghostly monk following you, trapping you in a corner of the maze, forcing you to reload the dimension to try again.

I think the maze is where I quit, but it bothers me that my younger self never finished it.

Like I said, it was on a shovelware CD from "Software USA." Apparently they released tons of these CDs, and I'm surprised my attempts to find a :spergin: wiki dedicated to list every title ever showcased have come up empty.
This is Uncle Julius and the Anywhere Machine, promising hours of absorbing play for ages 8-104! I remember playing through the demo version of this a long time ago, and was also wondering about the name.

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

Sad lions posted:

Here's one that stumps me...

Way back when I had an NES I got an action platformer that was set in a futuristic utopia where the big computer had gone haywire or something and turned the place to chaos. If I recall correctly you could select stages freely much like Megaman and one had wind turbines in the background while another was set on/around a space shuttle/rocket launch site. The main character looked kind of like Duke Nukem (maybe, he definitely wore shades in the box art) and I think a boomerang was either his main weapon or a common pickup.
I doubt it was particularly popular since I've not seen hide nor hair of it since I had it.

This has been bugging me for ages.
It's most likely Power Blade, a surprisingly good action-platformer that didn't get a whole lot of coverage. There was also a sequel, Power Blade 2.

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

ZoltarOmniscient posted:

I've already asked for one, but I just remembered another that I remember I played once on MAME ages ago, it was a top down shmup, but it focused around a boss rush style of level layout, with fighting game stylings in the way things played out. The one other thing I remember about it was that there was a powerup that allowed you to switch places with the enemy and take control of the massive boss plane for a limited time.
This sounds like Change Air Blade.

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

Loving Life Partner posted:

Browser based web game where you have a robot you equip and battle with, either against AI or other player's robots. You can create guilds and advance by winning combat against other people's bots.

You leveled up and had money.

There was a green version and a blue version (different servers probably).

Can't find ANYTHING on google, too much noise.
This was a game called "Bots2". Apparently the game databases got hacked back in 2010 and the creator never restored the game, but someone made a spinoff version called Bots4 in 2011.

• Locked thread