Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
1) Was kind of like progress quest, except more interactive. You'd customize your characters gear, stats etc and then watch it go through a dungeon with sprite graphics, repeat ad nauseum.

2) Was an indie top down space game where you travelled around with your ship, purchased upgrades, battled, etc. It had multiple star systems that you accessed via warp gates if I remember correctly. The one identifying thing I remember is that there was a sort of boxed in arena in one of the last star systems where you duelled other ships, and that this was an early open beta version. I probably played it around 07-08?

Both are PC. This ring any bells for anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

HoldYourFire posted:

I'm going to suggest Star Control 2: The Ur-Quan Masters, not because I think that's right, but to get it out of the way.

I know all about games similar to my description, I'm just hoping to find this one and see how far it's come since I last played it.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

wb posted:

NPC Quest and maybe Trancendence?

You got both of them. Thanks a lot :)

• Locked thread