Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
I recall this little space fighter game. The basic premise was four different colors fighting each other. I think you played... blue?

Anyway, what you needed to do was go around, and land on planets. Then wait for your home planet to automatically send out a transport to create a base at it, then defend it while preventing the three other colors from taking it. The objective of the game was to eliminate all the other colors.

I also recall that it had a random temporary upgrade thing. Like, rockets, shields, more powerful guns, whatnot.

Edit: Ah, I can answer my own question. Game in question was called Gravity Well. I found it on a reaaaallly old CD I burned a long, long time ago. Now, if only I could find the non-shareware version without going into piracy...

Edwhirl fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 13, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
An SNES RPG. The only things I remember about it were;
One, dungeon exploration was a first-person maze sort of thing, like Wizardry.
Two, the magic system was based off of cards you bought or found. Use more of them for a more powerful effect.

And lastly I don't know why, but I recall that stat-boosting items were named (something) honey.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

Saint Septimus posted:

Arcana?

Aha, yes, that is it. Thank you.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
I've another one.

This PC game, I think DOS. It was sort of like a fighting game. You had about two dozen different types of monsters, ranging from stone golems, to these ostrich-things, and other things. You pick one, fight some other random monster, and so on.

I also recall that there was a 20-man free for all, not all at once though. There were like, four or five to start. Then as soon as one died, the next would jump in, until it went through all 20.

It had somewhat cartoony graphics, and I know it was on PC and probably DOS. Some time in the 90s or maybe very early 2000s.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

MMAgCh posted:

Champions of Zulula or maybe its "elite edition"?

This is it. Thanks, I greatly appreciate it. Been trying to remember the name of this for months...

A friend of mine has a request;

An SNES shooter, top-down. You controlled a ship, and you shot things, got money, and could use it to upgrade your ship. He remembers specifically that you could buy a shield for it. The last thing that he remembers is that it was very blue.

Edwhirl fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 15, 2012

• Locked thread