Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

WARnold posted:

About a year ago I played this WWII RTS/action game, very similar to Blitzkrieg 2. You could actually manually control the movement and firing of individual units via keyboard, besides the obvious mouse controls.
The game itself is quite recent, probably between 1 to 2 years old at this point, pretty nice graphics and excellent gameplay.
I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me to its title.

Does Soldiers fit the bill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Lincolnstein posted:

There was this game out for Sega Genesis that involved you having to ride around to find these people that you ended up having to kill. When you would get to the location, you would have to shoot a bunch of random people. The game reminded me of Road Rash and it was pretty violent. That's all I really remember. :(

Technocop?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Barry Scott posted:

I can't remember the name of a PS1 RPG. You played as a knight who, one day, finds a little pink monster and befriends it. I also remember something about getting kicked out of a village because of the monster.

This sounds familiar to me. I'm looking around yet, but my first hunch right now is Beyond the Beyond

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Treylis posted:

I played a game at an arcade in the nineties that involved a sequence with a top-down solarsystem view where you would move your ship around to pick various planets, and then once one was selected it would switch to a side-scrolling shooter with lots of little tiny guys walking around you could gib--I think they were reptilian.

Sounds like Strike Force to me. Haven't found any better screenshots, but you'd fly between planets via overhead, then blow away all the little reptile guys via sidecrolling.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
There's no forest at the start, but scouring around a bit with what you've provided, closest match is looking like Karateka to me. Most of the bad guys have caps, side scrolling, get into a building.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

These Loving Eyes posted:

Nope, not this one either.

Way of the Warrior for the 3DO? This is closest to what you've been describing, but can find a pic of the lizard guy.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

ZebTM posted:

Thinking of a game that would have been on Macs a good decade or so ago if not more. It was I believe a third person shooter with I beleive a female protagonist that may have been dressed in black. I know for a fact that there were sniping sections and that you fought at least one tank. This was on a few of the computers at my elementary school, so there's a reasonable chance that it was a pack-in.

I can't remember a tank as I never got far into the game, but combined with it on a Mac I'm thinking Oni

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Luminaflare posted:

Some games were installed on a computer at a friends school and they sounded amusing so I thought I'd help him find them. After failing a bunch I figured I'd ask here.

The first is a mechanics game where someone would drive a beat up car in to your garage and you'd repair it, they pay you and then you get the next car to repair. Also some form of car auction where you can buy scrap cars to repair and sell.

Was this Gearhead Garage?. Used to play the demo myself, it was weirdly addictive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Prions! posted:

Trying to remember two DS games I used to have, first one was one where you built and fought robots. 3D graphics during play, 2D sprites when navigating game world. Second was a semi-RTS? You controlled a fighter plane over the battlefield but could deploy infantry and so on too. Entirely side scrolling and there were WW2 and modern missions.

Second one made me think of Armor Alley, which led to Super Army War which was on GBA.

• Locked thread