Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choray
Oct 31, 2009

I've got two that have been bugging me.

The first is a PSX game my brother borrowed at some point. All I'm pretty sure about is that you played as some sort of tank and the levels consisted of various islands. You picked a "team" to play as and then you battled the other teams on their respective levels.

The second is much older, I remember we had it on a floppy. You picked one of three rats named Darwin, Newton and Einstein, I think, and navigated labyrinthine levels in a sort of pod. There was a weapon called the Hellfire Blaster that I always wanted to try but I'm not sure if I ever got that far, I was kinda bad at it at the time. The name on the floppy was in Norwegian, 'Romkrigsrottene', literally 'Space War Rats', but searching for that or anything related has been fruitless. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choray
Oct 31, 2009

FluffyDice posted:

I remember playing a game when I was younger but I have only a very slim memory of it. It was a side scrolling 2d platformer with blob creatures as enemies. Very cartoony. You could drop buckets of other slime on them to kill them.

There may or may not have been books or spelling involved and I think you could pick a boy or a girl as your character.

Extremely limited description but the memory is very faint. I just remember thinking it was the best game ever. This is probably DOS - Windows 95 years if it helps.

Word Rescue. There's also Math Rescue, which is the same but with math. I loved those games as a kid. :3:

I only ever played the first shareware episode, but it was fun enough on its own. You can download it from the official site, though obviously you'll need to fiddle with dosbox or something to get it running. Why, yes, they're still selling the full version 20 years later.

Choray fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 23, 2012

• Locked thread