Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Morpheus posted:

My sister sent me this email:

"What was that old game we played [around 1996-2000]? Ok so it was one of those games kind of like myst where you can't see yourself. There was a city under a glass dome that I never got into. You could use magic and there were no dungeons or really enemies that I remember."

When I asked if it was Death Gate, she responded with:

"It didn't have inventory. And i don't think it was point and click the same way monkey island was"

Seems like the 'glass city' is the only notable thing she remembers.

That sounds like Loom. http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/loom

Well, assuming she's misremembering half of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

M. Propagandalf posted:

I'm looking for a game that should that someone made a video LP for. It's a first person puzzle/adventure game that I think came out within the last four years. I could have sworn the file name of the video was saved as something along the lines of "Cannibal" but I'm not finding anything with the name.

Only watched the first video - you start off in underground/cave environment, and you're tasked I think with collecting the parts necessary to give a person back their heart. As you walk, I think there are luminescent flowers/fungi that light up with your approach.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about The Void

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

RickDaedalus posted:

I remembered what it was, it was Hot Wheels: Velocity X.

On another note, there was this game I played with my friend in elementary school for the playstation I think. I think it was some weird band promotion thing because I remember the main weapon was firing CDs. One level had you following a bus and I'm not sure if you had to shoot it down or not. The final boss was some woman that turned into a huge pig. Anyone know what game this is?

That could only be Revolution X, the Aerosmith game. About as good as it sounds

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
It was on one of those shareware CDs. It ran in DOS, possibly Win3.1. I think it started with you wrecking on a desert island. The one thing I remember for sure was a tribal chieftain you talked to who had a big blue bong (described as "A REALLY GROOVY BONG") and if you tried to use it the game said "PARTY ON YOUR OWN TIME".

Anyone?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Sombrerotron posted:

Sort of a long shot, seeing as I've never played it, but maybe you're thinking of Flight of the Amazon Queen?

It's not that one, I've played that one more recently

• Locked thread