Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Saint Sputnik posted:

I got a sudden urge to find an original XBox game from maybe six years ago. I think the name, if not the plot, had something with "Crusade" in it. It was a low fantasy squad-based RPG, where you could play through a few different campaigns (human and elf and a few others) controlling one guy directly in combat but also ordering different troop types around. I remember the human campaign was some big guy in shiny armor and the elf campaign was some speedy chick with little daggers.
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

International Soccer Challenge?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Burning Sensation posted:

I remember a game I used to play as a kid (late 1980's) which had you as a little spaceship of some sort, that could move vertically in order to navigate through horizontal laser beams with a small gap to let you squeeze through. If I remember correctly, it's a sort of early faux-3D isometric affair.

I was sure the game was called "Xenon", but searching wikipedia brought up a different game entirely.

I'm fairly certain it started with an X, but not sure.
Zaxxon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Broken Box posted:

There was an old NES game I have memories of my cousin owning and I'm trying to remember... google doesn't seem to be helping.

It was a platformer where you are a kid inside his own dream, I remember bubblegum being a pick-up or possibly the weapon he threw? And I think he could either don a frog suit or ride in a frog's mouth at some point, but otherwise was in bluish pajamas and had messy black hair. I guess it played something like metroid or mega man, but I was like 3 or 4 years old watching other people play at the time, so this is all very hazy.

Anyone have a clue?
Little Nemo: The Dream Master. The game owned

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

The game I'm looking for is a console RPG with turn based battles. One of your party members had a "pray" command that could make all sorts of randomized stuff happen, similar to Paula in Earthbound. There was a particular boss battle or something where using it wouldn't give you the usual random healing/status effects, but instead would just pop up a text box that said something to the effect of "In this place, there is nobody to hear your prayers."

I remember it being kind of unsettling because it was so different in tone from the rest of the game. There's also a 60% chance I imagined this game completely because that seems to happen a lot.
That's exactly what happens in the final battle with Giygas. You need to use the pray command a whole bunch and you call on a bunch of different characters in the game, but sometimes it won't be answered.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I actually read through a text dump of the game before posting and didn't find anything, but I guess you're probably right. I need to replay that game anyway.

quote:

(Paula)
I can't think of anyone else...
...Someone, anyone... Please help us.

(Paula's call was absorbed by the darkness.)
Is that what you were thinking of?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Machai posted:

I remember some motorcycle racing game from sometime on the early to mid 90s. It had a toggle-able option for road hazards such as cars and other things coming from the opposite direction and canned videos of people falling off motorcycles whenever you crashed/tipped over. I believe it was on Windows 3.x or Windows 95 (I remember playing this Fievel Goes West game and some Trolls platformer on the same machine/OS). It came on a CD, not a floppy.

I vaguely remember one track that was like a back-road through a heavily wooded area with trees forming a canopy over the road in most parts.
This sounds like Cyclemania for DOS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mactheknife posted:

Unfortunately, all I got from him is what I posted. It's bugging the poo poo out of me that I can't figure it out because it sounds super familiar.

I showed him Speedball and he said even though that's basically exactly what he described, that's not it. I did get "there was blood involved."
Powerball?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SpellCaster for the Master System has you use a lute to calm a stormy sea. It's a blend of adventure and action sequences. I don't think there's a princess though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AbsenceVsThinAir posted:

A long time ago I played a game that was a Norse God themed, top down isometric RPG for PC. I'm pretty sure I just had a demo. I found one game that I thought might have been it but it never completely triggered my memory. I recall a glowing shield which I think had a snake on it, which was totally awesome. This is from around the 486 or maybe early Pentium era, and I probably got it from a PC Gamer demo CD.
Heimdall?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Trifoil posted:

I remember some form of rpg starting on a ship where you are supposed to reach/capture some kind of monster. Depending on your time taken doing this the game proceeded differently. This portion was probably somewhat like a platformer part. I think the main part of the game was on the island the ship was heading to? I think it was isometric and on some classic console like snes/psx.

Dark Savior for Sega Saturn

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ARE THOSE MY SPERMS posted:

That's it! Thank you guys so much. Is it a recommended game to play? I just got a new computer that actually renders graphics higher than 8-bit so I'm itching for some new games.

I dunno about Dragon Commander but Original Sin is supposed to be good, just long af

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

I can vaguely remember a game... probably not even very good.... I don't think I ever played it but I saw an ad in a magazine when I was a kid. Pokemon-type game where you collect monsters with elemental powers or something like it, think it was on the game boy advance. Not golden sun, not pokemon, not monster rancher, not digimon. Hmmmm, what other franchises were there? Something short-lived that didn't take off.

DemiKids maybe? It's actually a Shin Megami Tensei spinoff.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Superrodan posted:

There was a game I saw in Gamestop probably 8 or so years ago. I am 75 percent sure it was for XBox 360 and it looked like it was a first person shooter with gigantic bosses or at least one massive monster featured on the back of the box. It couldn't have been good because I had never heard of it, and it was in the bargain bin for less than 10 bucks at the time.

I am just curious if an FPS for 360 with supposedly massive enemies rings any bells because I'd love to look up how bad it actually was.

Serious Sam 3?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

This is kind of a longshot, but does anybody remember this NES space shooter game from the late 80s / early 90s that had a TV commercial with some bug eyed alien drinking orange juice and holding humans captive in little cells?

It's Super C actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5feoefJIhQs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Here's another one, probably Playstation or PS2, a JRPG style game where you start out in a small walled village, and the main driving thing in the start of the game is that there is a mist full of monsters that is encroaching on the village. Sounds a bit like ff9 but its not.

Legend of Legaia

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doorknob Slobber posted:

how do you guys remember this poo poo? Because that is def it.

I played a lot of RPGs in the PS1/PS2 days

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Monolith. posted:

A year or so ago I saw this game about a dog with a shotgun fighting other dogs in a world that looked very reminiscent of Fallout. I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me, I think it was on Greenlight but its been way too long. I think I saw a preview of it on Destructoid or Kotaku.

Buck?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ulio posted:

This game is probably in the ps2/xbox or xbox360/ps3 not sure which though I think it was on the ps2 though not sure 100%.

I rented it and forgot on what console. Only thing I remember is you play as a human maybe its a third person shooter. Only memorable thing it had was that you had two wolves you could use to fight with you.
Completely forgot the name of this game. I rented it but never got to finish it even though it was fun.

The Dead to Rights games had a wolf-like dog companion

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Carbon dioxide posted:

Back in the early 2000s I played a game that looked very simple even back then. I think it was an MS-DOS game.

It didn't have much text but the little text there was, was in a for-me incomprehensible language, I think Hungarian.

It looked rather simple, it had a black background and each player controlled a color, a moving "point" on the screen that would draw a line wherever it went. It played very similar to the Tron Light Cycles in that the point was to stay alive as long as possible, without hitting any lines. However, each player had only controls to turn left or turn right, and you could only turn so fast, so instead of sharp turns the turns looked circular.

But the most striking aspect of this game, and the reason I would like to find it again, was that you could play with 6 players on a single keyboard and mouse simultaneously. Like, player 1's controls were Q/W, player 2's were Y/U or something and so on. Player 6's controls were leftclick/rightclick on the mouse. It was as chaotic as you'd think.

If anyone has any idea where to find it, please tell me.

Červii? It's Czech

http://www.mobygames.com/game/ervii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mister Adequate posted:

This is a hell of a deep cut, but it's been bugging me for months and I've never managed to sniff out even the slightest clue, I remember watching my dad play this when I was a kid.

Late 80s or early 90s
PC game (Reasonably confident it was for DOS)
Top down perspective.
The setting was on a moon/the moons of... Saturn? Moons of one of the gas giants anyway.
The characters were all robots, but the manual gave them names and personalities. I think there were maybe eight to ten of them, but I have no idea if they actually had gameplay differences.
I vaguely recall puzzles and movement being more important than combat. If there actually was combat rather than dodging enemies.

Quadralien?

• Locked thread