Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Mr Scumbag posted:

This game was kind of like worms but with planets and spaceships. You chose your weapon and chose the trajectory and fired.

Each player was situated on a planet and the larger the planet, the stronger the gravitational field. You also had shields you could configure and this game had a weapon editor.

I actually found this game for a while but I've since forgotten the name yet again.

I remember this game. It's Warheads SE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

Alright, I got a few.

1. It's a Megaman game, but what game does this song come from? http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PLXPBDKF

I thought it'd be Megaman 5 (either Star or Gravity Man), but I was wrong.

That's Ducktales, moon level specifically. I admit that it did make me think it was one of the space-themed Megaman levels though.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Arkista's Ring fits most of the details.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Solvency posted:

Here's a mystery for you:

This game was probably shareware, and was made to only run 50 times. It was on the Mac, in the early to mid 90s.
It was a Point and Click adventure, but had images.

One of the main things I remember about the game is that it had Crocogaters as enemies, and if you did something wrong (in a mansion?), it said you got "eatten by crocogaters" or something similar.

edit: I remember being in a house of some sort (possibly escaping it?) There were also things like a Green House, Kitchen, ect. I sorta sat down at a computer that had it already running, so I'm a little fuzzy on the details.

Tass Times in Tonetown has a crocogator death, and fits all the other details.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Kamikaze Kira posted:

I've got one that's been driving me crazy. This has to be more than 10 years old, I think. It was sort of a caveman RPG, probably for Windows 95 or 98. I remember getting the demo with one of those cheap "101 AWESOME WINDOWS 95 GAMES" CDs. Anyway, it was first person when you were exploring the "world map" but you could switch to third person to explore individual sections of the map, which allowed you to kill bunnies and wolves and search for goodies. Another feature I remember was that you could use a stone to sort of carve out patterns on leather to make tools. I'm pretty sure this was a shareware game by some foreign company, maybe German or Dutch? That's all I can really remember.

I'm pretty sure that's Sapiens.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Mangoose posted:

FPS with DOOM-like graphics, possibly the same engine. Set in a medieval/fantasy setting, you ran around hacking knights up with your sword, taking gold and earning experience points you used to level up in the process. I remember fighting on a grassy circumference of the castle surrounded by tall walls you couldn't pass.

I think you could loot armor, weapons and gold off the knights you killed, and I may have sold it to some vendor in the game... possibly after the mission was done :P I do remember being able to play the mission over and over again earning more and more experience points and levels.

Could it be Amulets and Armor?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Blackray Jack posted:

ASCII graphic style game set in space with randomly generated solar systems

Sounds like Privateer: ASCII Sector.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

NJ Deac posted:

Old DOS game, probably came on a single 3.5 inch disk as shareware/freeware. It was a side scrolling helicopter game. There was also a secret base you could land at if you flew through a mountain at the far right of the map and your chopper would be upgraded.

Chopper Commando.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

This was a PC game similar to Progress Quest, except there was one button in the middle you had to hit over and over again.

Statbuilder. Here's the original executable from when it was released in 2001, but it looks like there was a flash version made recently.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

sansuki posted:

A game based kinda off the Hacker portions of Shadowrun. It was 8-bit kinda, and you would move from node to node, attacking or cracking security software. Everything was turn based, and you could make your own software and chips.

Decker.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Maybe it's Liberation Army. Click here to go to a post in GBS about it, with screenshots and a download link.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
That's probably one of the Journeyman Project series. I've only played the Turbo version, but it starts in the same way you described.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
That's Warheads SE most likely.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Brother Larry posted:

There is an indie space game that came out recently, the box art was kind of a cheesy comic book look which is why I passed it over the first time. It's a 2D top down view; you start out by jumping into a star system and then spend time grinding mining, which is where I gave up. I've been wanting to play it again, but no matter what searching I do I can't remember the drat name of the game. Any help? I swear it was Space [Something].

Starscape came out around 2003 and has comic book style art and 2d asteroids type gameplay, maybe that's it?

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Harmful Park I guess.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Outwars probably.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Teenagers posted:

3rd person zombie game on the PC, the level I remember was a big graveyard or something. This was out in the mid-90s, maybe '96.

Flesh Feast.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Chain Dive.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

aves posted:

I remember reading a Let's Play or something that was basically this World War II bomber sim that let you control all the different crew members and had to manually aim/drop the bombs on certain targets. Any thoughts?

50 Mission Crush probably.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

aves posted:

Nah, this was way more modern. Graphics on par with Il-Sturmovik 1946 I'd say.

Could it be this one? B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Super Waffle posted:

It was a DOS game where you played a doctor in a miniaturized ship and got sent into the body of a sick person. You would choose the location of the body and have to fight waves of Hemogoblins and other colored nasties that flew at your screen.

This one? Bodyworks Voyager: Mission in Anatomy

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

68k posted:

Mid-90s, futuristic sports game. I believe it had the word "Hyper" in the title. Sort of like hockey, but the arena was like a bowl, so you could skate/glide on the walls and poo poo. I remember playing a demo of the game off of a grocery store computer magazine demo CD. Wish I could remember it and get a hold of it, seems like it would still be fun.

Hyperblade sounds like it.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

JimProfitAnon posted:

Does anyone remember the name of a Windows game... my older brother had it with Duke Nukem, it was some sort of racing game.

Death Rally has Duke Nukem as a character in it.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Agnostic watermelon posted:

ok this one is gonna be tough

It was an multiplayer turn based jrpg/board game bargain bin title for the psx. You could choose your class and color and the point of the game was to find treasure in a post apocalyptic ruin filled with monsters.

Maze Heroes: Meikyuu Densetsu maybe.

edit: Might be Battle Hunter, though.

Saint Septimus fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 6, 2010

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Maybe it was Dark Disciples? I think I remember that game having turn-based combat.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

hemanoncrack posted:

There is one game that is bugging us to remember it. It takes place in a movie theatre lobby and you are trying to get enough tokens to get into the movie. You run around the lobby and check the pay phones for tokens, and some other places too. Also in the lobby are two little guys that kind of look like barstools on a unicycle. They try to steal the tokens from you. To keep them distracted as you collect tokens you have to put a token in the Popcorn machine, which they love, or the jukebox. Once you have all the tokens you can get into the movie. The graphics were horrible of course, everything was white. I think it may have been named Fur Elise, but google provides nothing.

Spare Change possibly.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

It was an edu-tainment game for the PC, I think it might of been made by Mecc? Anyway, I remember playing it when I was in 3rd/4th grade, so around 1995.

You played as this orange dog who ran around different levels and ate dog bones. Eat enough dog bones and you could go into these different buildings and answer math questions. Answer enough math questions and you get to go to the next level.

Troggle Trouble Math probably.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Raibead posted:

Alright this has been killing me the last few days. It was an old playstation one game I believe where one character (male) transformed into various monsters you came across in the game that gave you various abilities. The other character (female) used magic rings to cast spells. You only played through as one at a time but their stories intersected various times.

Threads of Fate I think.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

KillRoy posted:

The game I'm looking for was a top down shooter for the Sega Genesis. You played as someone flying Pegasus and had to fly around and kill all the greek gods or something.

Phelios.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Too Poetic posted:

I'm trying to remember a name of this marble game. It was for the PC and it's pretty old by now. I remember playing it on Windows 98. Anyway the game had several different colored marbles, you start at the top by dropping them into a funnel and at the bottom was the exit, you had to get the marbles of the right color on their spot on the exit. The exit had color coded position to show what marble went where. The levels had traps and stuff like glue a marble would get stuck in, or an elevator type thing, and cannons, stuff like that.

Marble Drop maybe.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Maxy Boy posted:

This has been bugging me for ages, and I'd love it if someone could help me out. All I remember is that it was a PS2 game, an action-adventure, I think. It was featured around Egyptian mythology, and you got a Sword of Osiris and a Shield of Osiris. At some point, you played as a king as well, I think?

Hope someone can help me, I'd be super grateful.

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Frankosity posted:

There's something I've just remembered -

It was a PSOne game, I think, and the title was something like 'V 2000' but I can't remember it properly and searching that name gives me nothing.

I only saw previews of it way back when so I'm not sure if it was an RTS or what, but the stuff I distinctly remember is a number of globes (probably) representing worlds, one of which was a chequerboard. For whatever reason there were also these dragons or at least some kind of huge flying monster, the most prominent of which in my memories was some kind of zombie thing with decomposing flesh and the like.

Well there's this: V2000.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

GymnastyThom posted:

All right yall, First person dungeon crawling game. a lot of voice work, a LOT. I remember a bunch of goblins or little people singing a song about the evil dude, kuul kuum or something, it went "how come kuul kuum, how come?". I remember your inventory was represented as a scroll at the bottom of the screen. I also remember that at the very beginning of the game there was a secret spot in the wall that you could find a super powered dagger that would own everyone in the first half of the game but if you relied on it you would suck with swords and everything else by the end. shadow something? skull something? god i dont know.

Stonekeep.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Jesto posted:

This one has been nagging at the back of my head.

It was either a NES, Genesis or SNES game, I'm not sure, but leaning towards NES. In it you were this woman I think, walking around a maze with a beam sword weapon, the layout was kind of like the original Zelda in how you moved around the screen. The floor was a bright green color in the starting area I think.

What really sticks out in my memory is the character would occasionally reach a room where she would start spinning and morph into a little red fighter ship, and the game would suddenly shift into a top-down shooter blasting enemies and bosses until the next area was reached.

Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?

The Guardian Legend I think.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

PraetorianUSMC posted:

There was a game I saw on a radio shack floor model computer back in probably the early 90's that I am trying to find. It played like a choose your own adventure, and it was about controlling a submarine.

All I remember for sure is at one point an enemy ship fired a torpedo at me and I was given a few options to do, one of being blowing bubbles from the ship. I picked that option and my sub was blown up. It was also done in a video style, as in the game progressed through video clips, it would play a video, give me options, and then play more video based on what I picked. I remember it being quite realistic looking for the time. Ring any bells with anyone?

Silent Steel probably.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Gomegoth posted:

About 8 years ago I played a very stupid RTS game at a friend's house. The premise was, basically, that instead of gathering resources like money or crystals or whatever, you had an entirely sheep based economy. You had factories that were powered by sheep on treadmills, tanks driven by sheep, cannons that launched sheep, etc. Black sheep produced twice as much energy. Much of the game consisted of stealing your opponent's sheep while defending your own.

Tanktics I think.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005
Castle of the Winds has a little message at the bottom that says that when you die. Random dungeons, too.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Seizure Robot posted:

I'm thinking of an old NES game I used to play.

It had awesome music, and unless I'm blending two games in my memory (I don't think I am but it's possible) it had two different gameplay modes: you'd fly around in space with a first person view out of your cockpit until you found whatever planet you were supposed to reach and then it would shift to a 3rd person sidescrolling view where you could move the ship up down left and right (but the stage always scrolled to the right and your ship always faced right, you couldn't backtrack) and you shot up enemies.

It might be Destination Earthstar. I'm not sure.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

I Said No posted:

I played a game demo that came with an issue of the UK PC Gamer around say 1999/2000 or before then. It was sort of like an Elite style game (fly around in a vehicle trading stuff or shooting stuff) except you were in a flying car of some sort, and (at least the demo portion) was set in some futuristic wasteland city. There might have been lightning you had to avoid too.

The intro to the game was some guy in a dark room smoking and talking about how he used to have a dog, but he shot it when it bit him. It was kind of irrelevant to the game come to think about it.

Hardwar. Intro video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Zalb posted:

I once played the demo for a game was similar to might and magic 6-9, but as far as I know it was in real time. You started by creating a single character, there was many races and I think one of them was a giant. There was a town which I think was just a GC render with stores you could click on.

One was a place where you could ressurect your dead characters and another one was a guild which I'm not really sure what it did.

The game played in first person but I can't remember how you did damage to enemies, in any case it took place is some kind of dungeon and one enemy was a small green worm creature with teeth.

Could it be Demise: Rise of the Ku'Tan.

• Locked thread